(Stimhack CUBE) - Is there a "rarity" list for the cube?

Hi guys…

I love drafting and appreciate the effort in your cube. Though I miss the dynamics of the draft packs that MTG has by having Mythic, Rare, Common and Uncommon. Though I ignore mythic.

I have a cube for Call of Cthuilhu and I have chosen to place the cards into these categories. I then separate the cube into piles for each one. Then I build a cube by drawing from the piles. So one pack will have 1 rare, 3 uncommon and 11 commons.

I was wondering if anyone with deep knowledge of the cube (I am a casual ANR player) would be interested in rating the cards of the cube in this way? Maybe as a simple new colume in the XL file with a single letter in it.

I think it would greatly increase the strategic possibilities of the drafting.

What do you guys thing?

I like the idea, but the more I thought about it, the less sure I am that it’s a good idea. generally rarer card implies more powerful cards, but in A:NR reliability is so paramount, holding out for multiple copies of some cards is a key drafting stragy in my cube group (ie; most cards aren’t so powerful unless you can run 2 or 3 copies).

generally I find the most desirable card make themselves rare as multiple players pick them and start competing over any remaining copies.

on the other hand, we’re not really tuned in to the cube “community,” so I don’t have a good sense of what standard cubes might look like.