StimHack Draft Cube: Current Lists (Updated for Earth's Scion)

@bluebird503 is updating it now, and I’ll imagine he’ll have a new version sometime after GenCon is over, seeing that’s where he is right now.

1 Like

With rotation coming up soon, has anybody tried making genesis + spin cubes? Would be a good way to get some use out of cards that are no longer legal for regular play.

3 Likes

That would be the perfect use of those cards. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about searching through and pulling any out for deck building even once rotation happens.

Will someone build a post rotation Cube Draft?

Considering all the prep for Worlds going on, I sincerely doubt that will be happening until the dusts settles in MN. I talked with Kyle (bluebird503) about the prospect and I believe there is going to be a split in the cubes, Stimhack Orgional will use the entire card pool and then possibly a brand new cube built from the Revised Core/Post Rotation card pool. Nothing definite, yet.

1 Like

There is no reason to me that cube won’t be utilizing the entire extent of netrunner collections. Remaining faithful to magic cubes that inspired us.

However, I do think that a cube that is buildable from only currently legal cards is important so that players getting into the game have something to build. Should these players love cube as much as we do. I will do my best to maintain a cube like this but expect less updates from that cube(likely every several packs instead of every other pack like I’ve been doing with SH cube).

Expect an update to SH cube sometime within the next week, a final version going into worlds so that people can have it all built if they choose to bring it.

Finally, I have a lovely side project I’ve been working on. A “graveyard cube”. In spirit of rotation this is something to do with your excess cards(unless you already have a SH cube built).

Here is the first draft
The 4 player Graveyard Cube - Runner · NetrunnerDB The 4 player Graveyard Cube - Corp · NetrunnerDB

8 Likes

Thanks for putting these up. I’ll be running a 4-person draft this week (my first cube draft!).

Have you refined the starters at all? I was thinking of swapping private contracts for Melange in the card pool so that the standard corp starter of 5 prireq and 2 private contracts didn’t overlap with it.

1 Like

that would work fine, I think the starters are very flexible as long as you keep things even between the starters

I was going to refine the cube a bit but some other things got in the way. I will try to get an update out soon.

Have fun!

1 Like

Heya! Any update to the Crimson Dust cube? I’d like to get my cube updated for Worlds next week…

Let me know where this cube drafting is happenin’, I’d love to get in on that.

You got it. Cube is built and I’ll have it on me most of the time (Weds for sure, Friday probably, and Sunday for sure). There are no Kala Ghoda Real TVs in it, though, just FYI.

1 Like

So, any updates for the new cards?

Cheers,

1 Like

These are the newest Lists i could find:

Corp:

Runner:

Hope it helps!
Cheers!

1 Like

As of today I have made my own modernized version of the stimhack cube. You can find the lists here:

Try it out if you like, Feedback very welcome!

Cheers!

Not sure if there is a better place for this, but just wanted to mention an online format that I just played, which I thought worked pretty well.

The plan was 2 2-hour online sessions:

• Session 1: 6 people draft on meteor.stimhack.com (we used @TheBigBoy 's lists/rules ), play your first round of swiss. Extensive trash-talking and self-deprecation on google hangouts accompanies.
  • Session 2: rounds 2 and 3

We ended up starting the draft late (and I messed up the runner packs), so we didn’t get to round 1 the first night and people just scheduled it when they could fit it in. I’ve drafted a couple of times before, and most of the joy comes from the draft itself and the first few games. This struck a reasonable balance in terms of not being impossible to coordinate schedules and not dragging on for too long, and not being too painful if you goof up in the draft and have one (or in my case, two) very bad decks.

Congrats to @BizTheDad for winning, btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just played a bit on jinteki with this Rosenheim City cube. 3 players and 3 bots. Two first time cubers and I haven’t played anything in a year or so. The draft went good. Seemed to be a good balance of cards. There was plenty of tagging stuff for the corp and I noticed a lot of virus matters cards for the runner, but I didn’t really go for it since I’m so rusty. We only played 3 games so we didn’t even see all the decks play. The only thing that seemed off was melange mining corp. I think the corp probably does need stronger default options than the runner because their decks have 4 more cards, but this was feeling awfully powerful. I think in all three games, the corp was able to play it early and money up while the runner had to dig for an icebreaker to try and trash the thing. I think the old private contracts was a little too bad, but this one feels too good.

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for letting me know! And for the feedback. Yeah in out two tries Corps defo won a lot more than they used to using the stimhack cube. Melange can be very good yeah. There were a lot of other suggestions of “mediocre” economic cards on my Netrunner Dorks post. If you can find it try some of that suggestions or yeah use what you feel fits best!

Really awesome that you tried the cube and seem to have enjoyed it too overall!

1 Like

I ve updated the RCG modern Cube to RnR:

Corporation:

Runner:

Are the lists for the Stimhack Cube to RnR available somewhere?

Cheers, and always be running.

also:

2 Likes

Right in the feelings…

1 Like

I was looking for this! and the size is perfect!

1 Like