Stimhack Regionals Invitational Feeler

I would be interested in participating in this, along with streaming and even casting =]

Would definitely be in, considering how much fun SSCI was :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually thatā€™s something that us Baltic players are doing this July, Baltic Meta Showdown on OCTGN. Not sure if anyone would be interested, but if there is any support, I could talk to the organiser, maybe a stream is possible.

yep would be up for it. Despite the fact that Iā€™d once again have to get up at 11pm to then play through the night, into the morning (the ssci was actually killer for me, and left me a bit dead for the days after that)

I am qualified and would certainly compete in this.

Also the best top 8 format would be a deck auction via bidding on starting bank/hand size, points needed to win, etc.

I am qualified and interested, too.

Sounds like fun. Iā€™m up for splitting it into 2 days of a weekend, that way we could have proper 6 rounds of swiss without rushing. I donā€™t think devoting 2 afternoons is harder than 1 whole day and night.

Also, by splitting it into 2, itā€™s easier to find a window of time that will suit both timezones.

P.S. won a regionals in Budapest, Hungary this year and would like to compete

I should be there if it doesnā€™t conflict with anything else.

:slight_smile:

Can Runner Ups Compete? Please? Pretty Please? Even if it was a big 63 person regional? Please? :smiley:

3 Likes

I thought Top 3 were invitedā€¦ :blush:

3 Likes

Get rekt m8

2 Likes

You only won because I flooded. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Only if you managed to get the bye I think.

I would personally feel one day is better. Itā€™s hard for me and perhaps others to get 2 days off in a row.

1 Like

It could be on separate weekends, I donā€™t mind.

Yeah, 2 day is pretty out of the question IMO. Itā€™s almost certain to make less people be able to play. I am shooting for some time in late Sept or early Oct right now, Iā€™ll make a poll with dates.

1 Like

Even though Iā€™m a lesser player with no chance to compete in this thing, I will throw in my 2c: I like the after Nationals/pre-Worlds idea.

That said, canā€™t wait to watch it. Maybe Iā€™ll even give OCTGN a try so I can better understand all the fiddly shit before I watch. You guys doing live commentary again?

1 Like

Iā€™d play. Two day event appeals to me the most.

Any chance of an LMQ to get in, like with the SSCI?

1 Like

Iā€™m down for it, SSCI was a ton of fun (though quite draining).

One idea that is inspired from the development of ANRPC is the idea of conferences, like in sports. Perhaps rather than a straight up swiss bracket/cut, we could divide into groups of regions to form conferences, and then have a multiple elimination section from there.

One cool thing Iā€™ve noticed this Regional season (the first season where Iā€™ve gone to multiple Regionals) is that you see a lot of familiar faces getting T8 across state lines, as well as year to year.

Nationals and Worlds is kind of just a battle of individuals, based on whoever wants to make the trip, where as Regionals is kind of like throwing down for your hometown. It would make for a cool dynamic to find out you know, who would win West Coast vs. South, North East vs. Central Europe, etcā€¦ (I know, I know, Wisconsion meta OP, would win everything, ban it.)

Obviously OCTGN helps with this too, because unlike Worlds/Nationals, there are no financial restrictions, so we would really get an accurate sense of how competitive Netrunner is distributed.

4 Likes