[Stronger Together] Eating Bento Together

Hello Stimhack! My local store’s next tournament is limited ID, and I’m forced to adapt by running some ID’s that I wouldn’t normally consider. I’ve put together a deck list for ‘HB: Stronger Together’ as such. I’d love to hear your comments and suggestions for the deck!

My premise is similar to Pruneface’s ‘Sauerkraut Bento’ (http://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/5494/sauerkraut-bento-cardiff-regionals-4th-place-) deck, and scores agenda’s through click-compression. In RP, this works by placing a Ruhr and a Caprice down into a remote (perhaps protected by 1 or 2 pieces of taxing ice to make trashing them prohibitively expensive). A run into that server will cost 3 clicks, thus giving the runner only one chance to beat Caprice. If a Nisei MKII has been scored, its token can be used immediately after losing the psi game with Caprice to just say “no”.

RP does particularly excel at this strategy, though I believe it is feasible to pull off the same play in HB. Having ELP in play turns our box into RP, combined with a Ruhr costs the same 3 clicks to run. We can turn them down with either Caprice or Ash and end the run. If we are unable to have an ELP in play, we can just build a larger ‘bento box’ by using Ash, Caprice, and Ruhr all together. The runner would use the first 2 clicks to break Ash, and would then have to get through Caprice in just one run. ELP is thus very important for us, though not completely necessary, as it can’t always be counted on.

One advantage that HB packs over Jinteki, however, is having some of the beefiest ice available to corps. Bioroids are generally more efficient than the ice of other corps, balanced by being able to be clicked through. Clicking through ice to access remotes is, fortunately for us, quite impossible when we’re set up. Add in the extra tax presented by HB: Stronger Together and our ice is just plain superior. Biotic Efficiency Research helps rez some of the bigger pieces of ice, which should serve to either create a very early scoring window or give us extra wiggle room in the early game by throwing a turn one Wotan down on HQ.

Without further ado, here is the deck!

Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together (What Lies Ahead)

Agenda (8)
1x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
1x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (8)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
3x Ruhr Valley (Future Proof)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time) ••••• ••••• ••

Operation (9)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Bioroid Efficiency Research (Creation and Control)
3x Enhanced Login Protocol (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 2.0 (Creation and Control)
1x Wotan (Second Thoughts)

Code Gate (6)
3x Viktor 1.0 (Core Set)
3x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (2)
1x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)
1x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)

ICE (1)
1x Howler (Creation and Control)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Spaces Between

1 Like

No heinlin? Make them damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Or strongbox??

I recently built a similar deck to see how ELP helped the big Bioroid strategy. So here are my 2 cent:

• 15 Ice is a little low especially your sentries need a little more love.
    • Ichii 1.0 is pretty great in Stronger Together. It’s only bad early but as soon as they have a program, it becomes great.
    • I don’t like Howler it just never did what I wanted it. It could combo nicely with your other click compression tools. But in my experience it was a wasted deckslot which should have been any other Ice.
  • One reason to play this deck is to not have multiple remotes. This worked quite well, negating security testing, bank jobs, whizzard …
    • to this end you might exchange Eve Campaign for some form of operation econ.
    • Subliminal Messages proved to be very usefull especially with ELP in play.
  • I cut Ruhr Valley for some more Ice and Heinlein Grid which was OK because it protects NAPDs quite nicely. But it can be redundant with ELP, since they don’t have clicks to spend most of the time.

Let me know how Ruhr works out in this spot.

Paying 12 influence for 3 Caprice is too much and she gets trashed before you use her a lot.

Run 2x and then Archived or Interns and you can afford some better economy.

Campaigns are worse when you’re not getting $1 for installing them. I’m not sure you can protect them early with 15 ICE. I agree with @TooBiased that looking at Operations like Celebrity Gift + Restructure should be considered.

With only four agendas that are 2 pointers, you’re going to have to win by 3pt + 3pt + 2pt a lot, it seems.

You could do switch a 5/3 for ABT and Director Haas Pet Project or Gila to have a greater chance to either go 3pt + 3pt + 1pt or 3pt + 2pt + 2pt. Nine agendas is still low.

Caprice was an allstar in my games. You actually don’t want to spent your influence on something else (I generally don’t like Celebrity Gifts).

• Econ is neutral: Hedge Fund, Restructure, Subliminal + some HB options
  • Ice is in faction: bioroids duh
  • What else is there? Enabler like ELP Jackson and Caprice.

At least that is how I built it, but I wasn’t completly happy with the deck.
It is far from tier one.

Though it might be an OK meta call if runner tech against NEH (Remote punishment) and RP (Parasite)

Locally we did a “no core ID / no andy/NEH” tournament for funsies, and I ended up winning with Stronger Together. Viktor 1 is so freaking amazing in ST it’s almost enough to try it seriously.

Typically I don’t like when people post deck lists in response to deck lists, but here is what I played in case you’re interested. http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/w9Zpwv7rMbyuG6idS/

Enhanced Log-in Protocol is outstanding in this deck. I didn’t use Ruhr Valley because I don’t really like the cost. Did it work out for you, or would you consider swapping Ruhr Valley out? The biggest thing for me was how much I missed the core HB credits. Eve is a little more challenging to play and crushing to lose (scubber is making a big push in my meta), so I would consider pad campaign in place of Eve.

What did you think of BER? I am not a fan of that card overall, always seems like it works against me. Probably pretty good for Janus/wotan/heimdal 2.

3 Likes

I’ve been bringing Stronger Together to weekly casual night for a few weeks, and it’s been an interesting change of pace from NBN FA, a cute diversion from the tournament grind. Money’s been the limiting factor in a lot of my games: do I have enough to rez all my ice? Since I don’t get the installation credit from ETF, I’ve focused more on operation econ (GLC, Celebrity Gift) and Melange Mining Corp. MMC isn’t super great with bioroids because the runner can usually run in to trash it for a few clicks, so I’m probably taking it out for Restructure or adding a few more non-bioroid ice. I’m also running GRNDL refinery as a hedge against runners who just focus on getting into my sole remote.

ELP is really good, but every time I put an agenda in my scoring server, I live in fear of Inside Job. Caprice seems great but the influence cost is fairly prohibitive for my tastes.

I started out with Heinlein Grid, then took it out because I never wanted to pay to rez it.

I’m in the same camp as @DJhedgehog w.r.t BER: I’m not a huge fan of it, but whenever I run against someone with it in their deck they’re guaranteed to rez a Janus on R&D turn 1 and lock me out for a long time. Emergency Shutdown is still a card that sees play, though, albeit perhaps a bit less now if everyone’s prepping against NEH.

Pretty neat deck, though. I’m always amused to see Stronger Together popping up.

i like stronger together but i feel like i always end up back at a deck that is essentially a poorer version of redcoats with playable viktor 1.0s. the massive bioroids and the cards that make them playable like BER are stripped out of the deck in favor of tollbooths and the weird upgrades like strongbox and heinlein grid just become ASH and san san.

the one unique thing stronger together does well is pump out the brain damage but i havent found a great way to turn that into more wins yet.

When I was playing ST I had the most success when I used the agenda suite of 3 beta tests 3 Vitruvius 3 NAPD and 2 Gila Hands and scoring with fast advance through Biotic Labour
Just my experience with ST is it is hard to score 5/3’s with enough consistency to make it worth your while.