Stronger Together - The support group for Bioroid enthusiasts

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I won’t play ST without:

3 eli
3 viktor 1.0
3 architect
3 Ichi 1.0

I believe this to be the base ice shell for ST. I also think markus is a good include @higgs_bozo. I ran it when I played, I think I played 2 for a total of 5 barriers.

I also think that Sherlock could be an important substitute for Ichi. Reasoning being is ichi, eli are already 5 str. If you add Turing, suddenly you have 9 ice for Atman to eat.

1 Like

Well, Turing doesn’t have to worry about Atman.

But I still like Viktor 2 better in the “mid-range code gate” slot. I might try slotting a Sherlock, but the rez cost seems steep, especially for something I can’t rez against d4 or Noise.

I always forget about turing being atman immune :confused: disregard my Sherlock comments. It’s bad now that I’m reminded of turing -.-’

I think ST wants Marcus Batty more, because of the litany of bioroid subroutines to choose from. Architect then, is a great idea. I think lateral growth, though still better in ETF, is what ST wants, just to emulate ETF, while still getting the bioroid boost. I honestly think someone needs to crack the code, there gets to be a point where the 1 credit a turn from ETF is irrelevant, and that’s where ST will shine. It’s just a matter of being able to engineer these results, and understanding when to apply the strengths of the ID. Either way, I think breaker bay grid is integral to the economy, especially if you want to play things like strongbox. Forcing the runner to run more often is also key to making bioroids a winning strategy.

The most effective ST deck I’ve run was a slow FA trick of light deck with ice walls and midrange bioroids that just iced centrals and scored out of hand. If you are installing stuff once a turn all game then ETF makes too much sense.

What do people think about Surat City Grid + Brain Taping Warehouse? Rez Surat at the beginning of their turn before they’ve spent any clicks, rez Brain Taping, and then rez all your bioroids in the server for -6 cost. Plus you get to rez 1 other piece of ice which isn’t in that server with your last rez of Surat. Thoughts?

What a great idea. I’ve been trying to wrap my head around a solid benefit to Surat, and this might just be it. Can’t wait to build a deck to test it.

1 Like

I had the same thought, it seems decent but far from tier 1. Defensive upgrades become extra good, as well as short campaigns like Adonis and Launch campaign. I even considered dedicated technician team.

I had the same idea with Dedicated Tech Team. One plus side to Councilman coming out in the same pack with Surat is you get to rez your card in the server 2 times! Here’s my current list. You do spend a while clicking for credits without ETF.

Better, Stronger

Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together (What Lies Ahead)

Agenda (9)

Asset (9)

Upgrade (8)

Operation (6)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (6)

If your going to combo, get 3 surat grids. You’ll still have game where you don’t draw them. I’d drop the batty for a surat and an NAPD.

Also, really try out launch campaigns. Heimdall 2.0 is wishful thinking, and if you prerez him ruining the surprise then he’s not much better than 1.0. Ravanna will help a lot once she is out too.

This thread is long dormant, but with Stronger Together now the official Core Set HB ID, I thought it might be worth hauling back into the light.

We all know ST is a marginal ID that is difficult to leverage, in large part because the “tax” ST creates is one that the Runner always has a choice of paying or not.

But that said, what is a best possible Stronger Together deck look like in the Core Set and Standard environment?

My current take on a Three Core ST list looks like this:

CS Stronger Together

Haas-Bioroid: Stronger Together (Revised Core Set)

Agenda (9)
2x Priority Requisition (Revised Core Set)
3x Private Security Force (Revised Core Set)
1x Project Ares (Revised Core Set)
3x Project Vitruvius (Revised Core Set)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Revised Core Set)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Revised Core Set)
1x GRNDL Refinery (Revised Core Set) [color=#006400]●●[/color]
1x Melange Mining Corp. (Revised Core Set)
3x PAD Campaign (Revised Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (Revised Core Set)
2x Strongbox (Revised Core Set)

Operation (10)
2x Archived Memories (Revised Core Set)
2x Biotic Labor (Revised Core Set)
3x Green Level Clearance (Revised Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Revised Core Set)

Barrier (5)
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Revised Core Set)
3x Ice Wall (Revised Core Set) [color=#006400]●●●[/color]

Code Gate (7)
2x Pop-up Window (Revised Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]●●[/color]
2x Tollbooth (Revised Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]●●●●[/color]
3x Viktor 1.0 (Revised Core Set)

Sentry (5)
2x Data Raven (Revised Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]●●●●[/color]
3x Ichi 1.0 (Revised Core Set)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Revised Core Set

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It is trying to play a Glacier-style game, but setting up a taxing remote and scoring out of it. In games vs. Core Set decks, it is not doing great. The expensive ice is hard to get rezzed. Viktor 1.0 is probably the best ice – a Code Gate Eli 1.0 in Stronger Together.

1 Like

Viktor 1.0 does a pretty solid Eli 1.0 impression in ST, so that’s a good place to start. Ravana and Fairchild 2/3 should also go in the mix. The biggest problem will be figuring out some way to have enough money and tricks, because your ID is doing you no favors in either department. I can’t help but feel like any decent ST shell would be better in Architects for the 4c discounts. Hence - what strategy is better served by a passive strength boost and 3 more influence?

1 Like