Success with Kit

I’ve been playing Kit since her release, while I have played all sorts of different runners as new cards have piqued my interest I always seem to go back to the good ole peddler. With that being said it feels like this is as good of a time for her to shine as any. In the current meta FA decks like NEH require speed and aggression. While glacier builds like RP require the runner to make runs efficiently and have a long term economy set up. So while always trying to adapt to the meta I tried to look at one way this could be achieved with Kit.

When I look at kits ability I don’t just see a way to run early I see a way to save money. I wish to capitalize on that as many corps nowadays are moving to ice with multiple subroutines. Yog is the most efficient breaker you can have as long as you have the strength. With that 5 subroutine komainu (or ice like it) stareing you down and Kits ability you will easily make up the initial cost it takes to put it into play. As the deck starts to build itself I won’t explain everything but list some meta calls.

Yog.0 - mentioned
Astrolabe-speed verse top corps
Personal Touch-lotus field/want speed versatility over Dino
Parasite- Duh
Professional Contacts-I want to draw
Tinkering- Saves money with Yog/use on heavy ice/increased early aggression
Inti-Will turn into Lady when released/Wraparound
Ninja-Wanted a cheap boostable killer other than pipeline.
Everything else falls into helping some of those themes.

Rielle Mods

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (12)
2x Modded (Core Set)
3x Tinkering (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)

Hardware (13)
3x The Personal Touch (Core Set)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Astrolabe (Up and Over)

Resource (8)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
3x Yog.0 (Core Set) •••
1x Ninja (Core Set) ••
1x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)

Program (6)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) •••
1x Parasite (Core Set) ••
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (maximum 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

3 Likes

My only experience with Kit is with this older decklist:

I always have a lot of fun with it. I like to play aggressively, which is why I like Kit. A Dino’d Yog here is ridiculous. I find this deck is particularly well positioned against HB, as they tend to play the most Code Gates of the Corps. This version takes the Oracle route, another card I like playing with. ProCo is definitely easier to set up, but you should give Oracle a try.

I do hate to be that guy, but ‘piqued’

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I love the flavor of Kit and am always on the lookout for ideas.

Your point about building to beat both FA and Glacier is spot on. Another meta trend I’m seeing is Corps playing as many subroutines as possible regardless of the ICE’s strength, since Datasucker tends to nullify strength anyway - the goal of the ICE is to tax the Runner $1 per subroutine.

Yog is well positioned to go against this as you mentioned and personally I’m not wasting any time on Refractor (too many moving parts) or Gordian (too expensive). IMO if Kit isn’t actively blanking a good chunk of the Corp’s ICE, you might as well just play Kate.

Drawing into multiples of The Personal Touch is inconsistent even with ProCo and makes me want to run Replicator, at which point you might as well run 3 Akamatsu (or 2 Cybersolutions) instead to allow yourself a larger late game rig.

I feel that Indexing is worse than ever, between shuffle effects (Jackson, Foundry, the upcoming Weyland card) and just the difficulty of running twice on R&D past the early game. I much prefer stacking Maker’s Eye with RDI. Since Kit traditionally has no influence for HQ pressure, I find a lot of Kit endgames just come down to whether I can drill deep enough into R&D before they fast advance out.

I understand the reasoning behind ProCo and Kati as they don’t require MU, but the sheer amount of NBN makes getting burned SanSan -> Breaking News -> Trash ProCo or Kati far too likely for my tastes.

Opus is much safer and additionally beats SEA Scorch most of the time without having to run Plascrete. Opus can be cheated out via Stimhack and one of Personal Workshop or SMC, whereas dropping your bank to play ProCo probably opens up a scoring window for Blue Sun. Stimhack is in general a great card for Shaper and at 1 influence you can actually squeeze it in.

Of course the disadvantage is the 2 MU, but now we have Leprechaun and Cybersolutions to help with that and Kit can run longer on just 2 breakers than anyone else.

I’ll try to post some videos of myself playing Kit along these lines on the weekend.

3 Likes

In Kit more than any other runner I feel hard pressed for memory. I used to run a Magnum Opus economy but have moved away as I did not want to tutor for it and Yog/datasucker seemed more of a necessity. I feel that if you were to take away proco for MO and memory you would lose some speed right? Or have you found this to not be the case?

Also is it the general consensus that people are taking out indexing now because of those things? In Kit with tinkering, Indexing puts a huge pressure on the corp throughout the early/mid game even into late game and I think I would miss it to much.