No, that was not the main plan. There is a small recurence I have with Lady, after I break 8-16 barrier subs but that's not the point. Also my Levy is there for glaciers, not rush decks.
Take a look at the very base of the game, aka "true netrunner" :
- The only cards that can't be rftg so the game can be win by one side or another are the breakers and the ices.
- There is 12-20 ices in a normal corp deck
- There is 3-9 breakers in a normal runner deck. At this point, any sensed designer should say "well corp's rftg effects should be very hard to trigger".
- Runner's RFTG effects never been on ice unless placed in archives (aka asking archive interface + ice trash).
- Corp's RFTG effects is possible on breakers now, with a lot less conditional standard (aka use one card). People prefered a useless runner Laramy) than random RFTG based on brains, brains which were a lot higher standard than this ID.
- First ice that can RFTG with that ID cost 0c. The runner must complete his rig before running unless he risks the whole game by running in early => tutoring is more important with this id on the field.
==> Corp's RFTG effects for any card in the runner deck is breaking the core of the game.
This ID can trigger on each event the runner play : it can trigger 10-20 times a game. The only consistent plan against it is Noise.
It's removing players interactions : this is not good for the game.
Alternativly, with I think a less better matchup, this ID removes anything that isn't breakers & money runners (oldschool : 9 breakers, interfaces & money). So it is also the end of original decks in competition.
It could be okay/allready very strong if it was worded like "the first time the runner trash...", so the runner can damage control that ID during his turn, but not during corp's turn. Any "authoritarian" trash, source of damage or anything is re-evaluated and boosted by that id.
Stupid ideas :
- fill your deck with will-o
- rftg any played tutor (SMC, special orders, etc)
- occasionally RFTG a breaker on stolen agenda or by Enforcing Loyalty (which is better imho, because anything costing inf tend to be x1 or x2, enable console shooting with no agenda steal and/or critic trash).
- rush behind gearcheck & laugh watching the runner click draw & credit.
There is so many different systems this ID could work that the only good plan is Autist Noise, which is not a good thing for the game.