Take your cards...Throw em on the ground - Skorpios RFG

Agreed. I think right now you pretty much have to go Rigshooter-Rush for a viable archetype.

On the plus side, I took it to a regional and the deck performed a lot better than I expected. I think that had my runner not totally flubbed it, I would have done a lot better.

2x Archer
2x 1-pointers
2x GFI
18 (16, runner-side) agendas pts.
…and playing PS on top.

Problem is obvious, to me. There is situations you lock yourself.

I wouldn’t call that deck a super modernism deck. Super modernism is a fast deck, you want to score out faster than the runner can setup, forcing them to either do unprepared runs or you score out. Caprice and GFI seems really out of place.

Here you have a super modernism from last years regionals.

If you look at the info pictures on netrunnerdb, you can see that your deck is more expensive, and have stronger ICE than that deck. It also have a more bitey R&D, with three snares. I would suggest starting with that one and modernize it a bit (oaktowns, vanilla, HHN, hunter seeker, etc).

I mean this is what we really should be talking about on this thread (2nd place NorCal regionals)…

Every Bad Win Card From TD

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (9)

Asset (17)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (5)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

Wait did we play 2nd round? I was on PE & Whizzard, you had Magnum MaxX & Skorpios.

Yep! That was me.

1 Like

I really want to see this deck in action because I clearly don’t understand it.

Snares aside, what stops you hammering centrals and ignoring unadvanced remotes? Tour Guide subs?

EDIT oh I see, Jeeves

Honestly, I did see the deck in action and I still don’t understand it. It played a weird, grindy never advance game & relied on runners not knowing what they should play around.

Honestly, once you know what’s in the deck and how many of them there are, the deck becomes a lot less dangerous. It’s still kinda possible to just die out of nowhere if you hit the exact combination of wrong things, but it’s way easier than the first time, where you have to literally play around everything all the time.

I like the concept a lot. It kind of capitalizes on misdirection in the same way that PE does.

With enough reps, it’s probably easier to beat. Very interesting take on the id.

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power
– agenda (10 cards)
2 Armored Servers
1 Graft
1 Hostile Takeover
2 Paper Trail
1 Private Security Force
3 Project Atlas
– asset (9 cards)
1 Ghost Branch
2 Marilyn Campaign
2 Mr. Stone
2 PAD Campaign
2 Project Junebug
– ice (15 cards)
2 Bloodletter
2 Data Raven
1 Hadrian’s Wall
1 Hailstorm
2 Hortum
1 Hunter
2 Ice Wall
1 Tollbooth
2 Wall of Static
1 Weir
– operation (13 cards)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Hedge Fund
1 Hunter Seeker
2 IPO
2 Scorched Earth
2 SEA Source
– upgrade (2 cards)
2 K. P. Lynn

A trial build for the TD using only the core and TD. Any suggestions are always welcomed.

Looks like I get to be the killjoy who points out that Project Atlas isn’t core. Maybe replace them with another graft, armored servers, and hostile takeover?

Sorry I forgot to say the Atlas were a placeholder for the agendas the game gives you for the first game.

1 Like

That deck beat me cause I really wasn’t expecting scorch. I only cleared one tag after a siphon, had 3 cards, died. I was up 5 points to 0 and had 25+ more credits than him.

The amazing game was when he beat Andrew Cortez on siphon whiz to make the finals. He had already played Cortez once, so he knew all the tricks, and he also lost 6 points and endured a million siphons early. However, Whizzard injected a paperclip that Skorp RFGed, causing whiz to rebirth into Quetzal to get through vanillas. Losing the 3c a turn from whiz allowed the corp’s board state to develop, and also allowed him to score out behind double vanillas (it’s possible to get through them with eater+knifed and then quetzal, but that never happened).

1 Like

Netrunner, as she is played

16 Likes

I love gaming cultures for sentences like this, absolute nonsense to anyone not into the game.

6 Likes

seems perfectly cromulent to me

2 Likes

Is the all-barrier or all-code gate lockout deck good?

Against a deck running single copies of each breaker it seems favored to win, but against a runner who is careful and has more than one way to break ice, does it really have a reliable way to win the game?

Last two games I’ve played vs it as Andy, I got a lot of money then I used a combo of Mammon, Femme, and Paperclip (or Passport + Inversificator) to steal 7 points before I got locked out.

It feels like a deck that can heavily punish the unprepared but loses to a reasonable runner that is played carefully.

IMO anything not running Marcus Batty is going to fail to lockout the knowing runner every time. Once Film Critic hits the table your Hunter Seekers are worthless and the runner just needs to make sure they have more money than you (which isn’t too hard). Even with a Batty deck you pretty much need to be able to trash a program at least twice to truly win via lockout given the number of AI and SacCons around.

On that note, I’ve been messing around with this list and it has been hella fun!

I think I’m going to replace Standoff. It’s great turn 1 or 2, but after that it becomes a liability since the runner can trash your fancy ice to get past without their breaker. I also thought it would be better value for Tithonium, but I’ve generally been happy enough to rez that for full price. I’d go +1 Interns, +1 Best Defense. Preemptive Action is also a candidate for replacment. Probably 2x Crisium instead. (Edit: I made those changes.)

Lockdown

Skorpios Defense Systems: Persuasive Power (Terminal Directive)

Agenda (9)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (18)

Barrier (2)

Code Gate (1)

Sentry (9)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I have a friend that’s been messing around with a Skorp deck that basically is just a Red Planet Couriers deck in Skorp. I’d seen something similar in BoN, and it works well there, but the Skorp version is probably just better because of the RFG plan. The agenda package is 3x Hostile, 3x Food, 1x Tavekover, with your plan being to score 1 Hostile and then RPC the Takeover, either never-advanced in a secure server or from hand with a Biotic. He also was running a kill package, which doesn’t seem unreasonable in a deck where you can play a Mass Commercialization for 10 credits. Getting to 9 advancements on ICE is pretty trivial, and honestly the deck seems fairly solid. Not like t1, but much better than I’d gave it credit for when I saw it originally.

I’m positive that between Jemison and Skorp, there’s probably going to be an amazing RPC FA deck next pack, what with Priority Construction coming out.