Terminal Directive - A Narrative Campaign Expansion for Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Just realized Clyde van Rite from Red Sands would be a great tax in a Skorpios deck…

1 Like

:: IF you’re Weyland, it means that you’ve gained a chance to CAPITALIZE upon Haas-Bioroid’s blunder.

lol

9 Likes

Except Chronos Project is a 3/1 and therefore bluffable.

I see the main benefit as firing from archives.

4 Likes

I was talking more about Scorpios. It just kills recursion.

Let’s see. I heard there will be some Criminal cards in this box as well. :wink:

2 Likes

I think it will be a really interesting game to play. Because unlike other runners, Geist has a huge amount of control over what is trashed and when. The ID power only works the first time once each turn. Decks that want to bring a specific thing back over and over will struggle. Not a deck that just brings everything back, and everything is basically expendable anyway.

For instance, if you want to save a card from being removed from the game when it’s trashed (so you can get it back when you Levy), pop bait with a Fall Guy first (the second time through the deck, I don’t really care about Fall Guy!). Pop a whole load of trash effects on one turn, then build up. And so on.

I think Geist will be fine, because of how full of redundancy the deck is.

I am a bit sad that ‘remove from the game’ is the new trash. How long before we see ‘return to the game’ effects?

3 Likes

It’s once a turn, but the corp controls when.

2 Likes

Ah, so it is. Well, that will still be interesting I think.

So I think Skorpios is the first Subsidiary we’ve seen. All the other corp IDs are Megacorps, Corps, and Divisions. Not that it’s been made mechanically relevant yet.

2 Likes

I feel like skorpeos can also provide interesting threat of traps. An install advance out of that faction you have to sort of respect the risk of junebug because it isn’t just two net damage. It’s two net and you can never recur one of those cards again.

4 Likes

I think skorpios hurts criminal (in that there will be more rig-shooter) but hurts the other factions way more. At its heart, skorpios is anti recursion, the only recursion criminal make use of is same old thing. Criminals are already very used to not seeing stuff come back from the heap and are much more protective of their rig than other faction - they have the least adaptation to do.

What is the biggest problem for criminal is hunterseeker rather than skorpios - criminal can adapt quite easily with a combination of film critic (tutorable with hostage too) and they already have an answer to batty in tracker (or the slightly less reliable interdiction or polop/councilman tag team). I think they come out ahead of the other factions on skorpios release even though at first glance you wouldnt think so.

One thing i think everyone is happy about is it looks like for the first time since core there is light at the end of the tunnel and weyland may finally be great again.

9 Likes

I know I shouldn’t get too pedantic about this but something seems fundamentally wrong with having a “return to the game” effect. There’s no specified location for things gone from the game, because they’re not in the game anymore. If FFG introduce a return to game option then removed from game is basically a different class of heap/archives.

Would we then start to see “Really remove from the game”?. Or “throw this card out the window”

Essentially I don’t see how game state changes can effect stuff outside the game unless that stuff is actually still in some way in the game and we’ve just misnamed it all these years.

3 Likes

I could see something that shuffled a agenda that was forfeited back into R&D. Could be handy, especially if they keep on printing more cards that play off doing so, and to keep the game state in one that it’s possible to still win by scoring out.

If there’s ever anything printed for ‘Return from out of game’, that’s a very, very loud warning bell for the state of the game. It’s a super-dangerous effect/mechanic and has a lot of potential to break game states. In addition to that, it’s also a blatant example of Power Creep.

2 Likes

Agreed, and I think Leela may be pushed to the top of the Crim pile because of how much advantage she can build without stealing any agendas. Let the corp score 4 points while making money and building your board state, build up Aaron Marron counters, siphon spam the heck out of them and build up a huge econ advantage, then steal an agenda or two. At this point, you should have such a huge econ advantage that you can afford to use inefficient backup breakers like Saker, or Femme a piece of ice that locks you out to get the last points.

2 Likes

hmm there is a nonbo with critic and leela

3 Likes

Oh yeah, Aaron Marron Leela deeeeeeeefinitely does not want to run critic!

1 Like

Between Hunter Seeker and that Otaku Protocol agenda that’s coming out, I feel like you’re running Film Critic regardless of the anti-synergy with certain IDs/cards. You might not use it when you don’t need it, but I feel like not having it is suicide against some matches in the upcoming card pool.

11 Likes

lol Otaku Protocol

What’s next? Tsundere and Yandere ICE?

6 Likes