The Code Gate Experience

Ok, I’ve taken into consideration a lot of these comments on the deck, and I can say that yes, in a tournament, this could get scouted. I was running ice wall in a previous build, and it gave me something to do with the advancement tokens, and make them play a barrier. I’ll probably put that back in, since I feel the deck did a little better with it, but as for marker over sensei, it’s simply not true that sensei does nothing. It’s pretty crappy early, admittedly, but so is a wormhole. A sensei over a wormhole though, if you really need something, is a lot better, right? You won’t need tenma line to save your chum, if you have a sensei above it, and it actually makes for a pretty good etr. Now, as for there not being anything but etr subs, that isn’t strictly true. There have been times that someone facechecked a wormhole, that was obviously a wormhole, and instead of just bouncing them, I made them pay 2 credits via datapike, or lose a click with enigma. In tennin, this can make the difference. In fact, I put a sensei over a datapike and an unrezzed tollbooth, and it made the difference between a dirty laundry success and a dirty laundry ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

If no one knows you’re not playing medical breakthrough, and you’re playing trick of light and reclaimation order, that’s usually enough to get them to try to run on your remotes, which is why NAPD and TFP are in here. Caprice also helps make these expensive runs totally useless. I like the archer idea though, and I would probably trade in any agenda to make that hit.

Marker sucks, and I wouldn’t consider playing it, because it’s just not cheap enough and doesn’t really do anything, having a sensei as the topmost ice over 4 other pieces of ice goes a long way in making that server more secure.

If you’re able to get your ice stacked five deep, I guess Sensei would be better than Marker…I just don’t see ice towers that tall very often. :confused:

continuing the tangent on wormhole -

In a lot of cases, particularly as blue sun, rez 9 for a data raven trace that will actually land is a great deal (I can get my 9 back and am often rich enough to win the trace even after the 9 rez). A token on a data raven is a death knell against weyland. - it enables so many plays in a very similar way to atlas counters, and is extremely difficult for the runner to clear off (parasite/forked being about the only realistic options). The other thing is that you’re not spending 9 just on that one trace; once it runs, it’s still a str 7 etr code gate if/when need be.

ok, sorry - I’ll stop with this tangent now! ;D

OK, I can see your point, as I actually made a deck with marker in it to see how good it could be, and if you pair it with a mythic ice, marker is pretty much a 0 cost, strength 3 end the run ice, but you need something under it. As long as they aren’t playing yog, it’s not bad, but that is more rushy than what I’m trying to do with this deck. Ice Wall is definitely going back in though, if only to make a giant wall of tokens, and a potentially frustrating piece of ice for eater decks.

I laughed for no particular reason, but it was good.