The Geist Zeitgeist

Pretty sure Geist tends to have space for a 1-of for R&D multiaccess. Since SoT tends to recur Siphon, it pretty much leaves R&D Interface and Medium (there may be more, but I can’t remember off the top of my head). I know I’d prefer Medium over RDI as a one-of any day. Not the clear best card though.

I find that I’m fine with TME, plenty of shots at 3 of, esp with levy, and you don’t have to manage keeping low to no ice on RnD, or waiting for sufficient support breakers to show up. That said, I’ve not tested medium, mostly because it seems like repeated runs aren’t likely.

2 Likes

I mean, TME is reasonable. I haven’t played the deck much, so I’m not much of an expert, but I personally would probably rather just keep my opponent from doing anything by just constantly Siphoning them. Once low on money, you can then run R&D multiple times with Medium and give them a huge threat on both centrals, especially since Crescentus is a thing.

I’d be interested to hear the opinion of someone more experienced though.

I suppose I can see it, if you can do it. I find corps tough to keep poor, esp if they stick crisium or eve, or score an early CST.

At least with TME, there’s 2 copies to find, so it turns up earlier, its always 3, recurrable by SoT, doesn’t die to CVS, and can’t suffer program trash. Maybe if I were better at netrunner medium would be better.

1 Like

I tried Medium vs Makery’s Eye extensively pre-Business First. I found that the one-shot nature of the breakers means Medium only works against poor Corps. It doesn’t work against NEH due to multiple CVS, Archangel, etc etc. Testing against NEH I found 2 was the bare minimum to have a shot at winning from R&D after the Astroscript train has left the station.

Maybe Tech Trader has given enough of a boost to allow multiple runs with the poor persistent breakers, but I am doubtful.

1 Like

im using corroder/passport/mongoose for medium runs mostly, or post siphon cant rez, or after the e-shutdown.

i dont use the terminal breakers that often for centrals, i mean sometimes… i dont have a guideline.

but thats why im on passport, not peacock. i play to real-breaker for medium. terminals are for remotes, siphons, and a quick burst of cash (3 gained plus card plus the value of not really breaking some ice… so like spike vs eli is a 7 dollar econ card… its fun to think of it that way.)

Geist is so fun right now. I don’t even know what my winrate is, its just blisteringly fun.

8 Likes

I am doing pretty well

I’m testing Keyhole over Medium. Easy to fit in with all the free memory, doesn’t die to CVS. Still very slow though, TME stretches further because of the Same Olds.

I prefer The Maker’s Eye over Medium or RDI. Slapping down a RDI/Medium is quite telling, TME is usually a surprise for some Corps players who’ve been reinforcing HQ and Remotes. (Context Glacier Decks). TME also works well with the B&E programs/SOT.

im using medium as the end game planned solution, and the B+E as the mid game, not the other way around. you might be more into medium if you view it that way.

2 Likes

Actual Hacker Jeff Goldblum

Armand “Geist” Walker: Tech Lord (The Underway)

Event (8)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Hardware (4)
1x Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount)
3x Forger (The Underway)

Resource (17)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time)
3x Off-Campus Apartment (Breaker Bay) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Street Peddler (The Underway) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Tech Trader (Business First)
3x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (13)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
3x Crowbar (Chrome City)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
3x Shiv (The Underway)
3x Spike (The Valley)

This is what I have been using. once political operative drops the UC will likely be gone for at least two of them. I win a lot with this deck. Like way more than I should on competitive Jinteki.

The majority of this list was designed by @ItJustGotRielle

2 Likes

Nice. People try to stack code gates against Geist somewhere, typically a remote. This seems great.

1 Like

That was the big thing that @ItJustGotRielle sold me on, originally my breaker splash was corroder but he convinced me stacking code gates were the larger threat to my plans

1 Like

I think the natural place to pull Corroder back in is drop the Off-Campus and add the last Peddler with Corroder. I know some people prefer that setup.

1 Like

Hmm, if I went that route I’d definitely want to find room for some drug dealers in the list, or maybe earthrise- you need a ton of draw to get up and going, and off-campus is super helpful for that. Once you’re set up, Geist activations will give you lots of draw, but early game you’ll be stuck clicking to draw too often without some extra draw power, I suspect. Sports Hopper will help with this when it shows up.

2 Likes

Oh, and I love the cy-cy! That is pure genius, it feels like a big advance for the deck.

I run Peacock over Passport for this reason. It works okay for me, 2c to break each sub is a pain, but very few code gates have more than 2 subs, and I still have Crowbar.

I’m surprised stacking sentries to hold out Mongoose isn’t a thing, but I’m glad I don’t have to deal with it.

I’m really happy to see you back on the Account Siphon train! What would it take to make you consider Crash Space? It’s like a Plascrete that you can use to clear tags!

Your current list has no protection against Breaking News or Midseasons to set up a kill, which always makes me nervous, but maybe I have Convenience Shop PTSD (Post-Tagging Stress Disorder)

1 Like

Yeah, it might be we’re stuck with Off Campus until Sports Hopper. Tough decisions.

2 Likes