The MaxX Thread

btw you have Ross deck listed as Blue Sun Scorch in title. are these 3 your wins? what did you lose to?

Damnit he adds two cards and you call it his deck >:O

He’s already got a deck named after him.

@hypomodern I’m interested in seeing your Opus list, never got it to a place where it felt right when I tested it.

@mediohxcore I wish Tori Hanzo was good =/

Here’s what I’ve been running: MaxX - CC Stimhack · NetrunnerDB

It ended up pretty similar core to Reg Ass actually but with some Ret Run / Stimhack tools. Torch is amazing when it costs 3c or 1 Brain Dmg. My win rate is actually higher with the Keyhole/Siphon/Eater build so far though.

I love this ID, I feel like it has the aggression of Crim with some of the versatility of Shaper and all the goodies of Anarch.

Well, on the same topic, I’m more than happy to have a Scavenge in the heap when a LF in the same spot would make me very sad.
Apple and orange, I guess.

2 Likes

I’m playing 2/2 CS/Scavenge now for this reason. Cheaper, smarter, quicker.

[quote=“maznaz, post:782, topic:2378, full:true”]
I think you should post your deck for discussion. The reason people got irate previously was you were speculating at length about something completely untested. Some of that cynicism will have carried over, but I’m sure we’re adult enough to get past it.[/quote]
Ok, so please don’t flame me. This is tested (and studied) stuff.
20-10 at the moment, with only one ragequit :confused:

About “omg Force of Nature” that a lot of people told me while playing them, I understand the love of Zu for the instal price, but not for the break cost atm. Force of Nature cost half a credit more to break codegates and ices will melt anyway.

Not sure Zu’s inf would not be better in another clonechip / scavenge I think.

I play RetRuns, so maybe that’s because of this, too.

More a deck to 50% blackmail / 50% steal the corp than 100% steal the corp like other does. Half wins by HQ melt / Remote attrition locking when hemorage runs, actually because it’s a funny and unexpected plan, compared to R&D lock with Keyhole or not. Some wins by medium / incubator (call / install medium is almost always 2clic in this deck, clic incubator, demorun best, or glory run R&D. Incubator to be used as a tool to parasite BS’s ices too once bumped.

Some wins by a mix of all of this. You have a lot of choices, covering a lot of situations.

You can mix up with Djinn / Scavenge or late game recursion as you like. Last mix up is always fatal.
Decking out at turn 24, -1 turn per IHW (decked out only once).
I usually win in turn 14-19 (made 1x6 and 1x7, some under 10, made lots of 10-13, majority of 14-19, lots of 20’s, made 1x36 or something winning by pure opponent missplay so half a victory to me :/…). Since my main range of winning is 14-19, larla 45/47 is not good there.

Not sure if it’s competitive but it works against of lot of random octgn decks atm (when not working, it’s mainly because of my skill : more than half of the times I die, there is a solution to the corp’s system I couldn’t figure “live” :confused: Do not be too greedy on parasite recursion vs installing breakers too. It will work phase 1, maybe 2 but you will loose the edge hard in phase 3 so if you don’t lead by 4 or 5 pts, don’t do this even if you can. You can mix up with another thing.)

Some terribad cards in this deck… Using side effects of Hemorage to create agenda fload in HQ, that’s very nice when melting ices.
They all have a meaning (but maybe Cyberthreat, Medium instead of Nerve and Incubator, in testing).

Bad matchup vs Architect decks and medium match up vs NEH. Very good matchup vs Jinteki and those current Weyland decks (unless they try to Gov Contract punitive you turn 1 :p).

No future

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock (Order and Chaos)

Event (32)
1x Cyber Threat i[/i]
2x Day Job (Order and Chaos)
1x Demolition Run (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Forked (Order and Chaos)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
3x Retrieval Run (Future Proof)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control) ••••
3x Spooned (Order and Chaos)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (8)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••
3x Cyberfeeder (Core Set)
2x Desperado (Core Set) ••••• •
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (10)
2x Cerberus “Cuj.0” H3 (All That Remains)
3x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Force of Nature (A Study in Static)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Wyrm (Core Set)

Program (17)
3x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Hemorrhage (Fear and Loathing)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
1x Incubator (The Source)
1x Medium (Core Set)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
77 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Do you really want your name associated with a deck that has 47 cards in it? :wink:

Thanks, fixed. Those are all my MaxX games, all wins. I was messing around with Space Tennin and lost some there but MaxX was doing great.

Maybe it’s just variance but I seem to mill nearly all my Dejas and SOT most games and don’t have any to spare to recur Scavenge. An extra SOT might help here but there’s not really space.

On the second pass, having a Scavenge trashed is most of the time fantastic since you don’t have much target for SoT and you don’t really need to keep them for the levy :wink: I also tend to fire off the levy earlier than after being entirely milled.

Glad I’m not the only one this happens to :). I see these lists with less than 3 Deja’s and 3 SoT’s and I’m like… man… I’m lucky to see 1 or 2 of the 6 that I have!

@Zolend I’ll post it up in a lil’ bit!

If you do not draw any cards other than the ability and you mill your whole deck, the percentage of not getting any of 5 cards (2 SOT, 2 De Javu, 1 Levy) is around 5%. If you add more than 5 cards, the percentage lowers. Still, many games seems to be won without levying at all, especially versus decks with 5/3 agendas.

The main point of this MaxX deck people don’t really get is you want to draw outside of your ID Ability. It’s even crucial to do so ;).

12 cards in heap for turn 18 + a Scavenge in heap + something actually usefull in those 11 other cards or in hand (16 cards total, third of your deck) + something to trash on table, sure that’s fantastic… :astonished:

Problem solved tbh.

It seems to be when you aim it at mulligan. In that case, you have to protect it vs damage for the whole 1st run aka as long as 13 full turns if you never draw, but anyway, with never drawing hypothesis (which is easy to calculate) :

With 1 of 5 (SoT, Larla, Deja vu) :

• 45, aiming at mulligan is (1 - (0.28) * (0.666 ^ 5)) = 96.3% of having it.

• 45, not aiming at mulligan is (1 - (0.54) * (0.666 ^ 5)) = 92.9% of having it.

• 47, aiming at mulligan is (1 - (0.30) * (0.666 ^ 5)) = 96.0% of having it.

• 47, not aiming at mulligan is (1 - (0.55) * (0.666 ^ 5)) = 92.7% of having it.

With 1 of 6 :

• 45, aiming is 98.1%

• 45, not aiming is 95.8%

• 47, aiming is 98.0%

• 47, not aiming is 95.7%

With 1 of 7 :

• 45, aiming is 99.1%

• 45, not aiming is 97.6%

• 47, aiming is 99.0%

• 47, not aiming is 97.5%

(and just for the fun of it because I’d really want to play that DemoRun… :slight_smile: )

• 77, aiming : 97.8%, or +1.5% than a 45 version
  • 77, not aiming : 96.4% or +3.1% than a 45 version (conclusion to me : omg terribad 77 consistency…)

“2 of” are harder to find out for 45 actually to prove that’s better tempo than 77 1st recurence : this would be important to know if you can use events other than this larla in your heap or not. To compare from larla 1st run vs turn of 1st recurrence in a 77 (which one is late game, which one isn’t).

If not better, 'd better call Kate ?

Is this called high variance if you’re more sure of playing at least one target event, other than a larla you don’t need, in a game from any long deck than from a 45 ?
I allready conclude one month ago, waiting for you alone guys.

I don’t see that anyone called it his deck! Calm down Dan you’re still our #1 fave World Champ. Who can forget that RP deck. Right guys?

EDIT: Oh wait I see it now. @kiv the correct title is Reg-Ass MaxX by World Champ Dan D’Argenio, pls fix thx!

2 Likes

Syntax, the very best Netrunner players visit this board and contribute to it. Literally like the top 16 of the most recent Worlds event are writing in this thread. These people know what they are talking about and are the best at the game.

It’s great that you are experimenting and trying new decks and ideas and such. I’m not sure why you feel the need to be aggressive about your unorthodox deck. I think if you are able to win some tournaments and prove that you have got some serious chops, people might take your ideas more seriously.

Let’s keep it cool!

7 Likes

No problems with that, but I feel really overlooked from my point of vue and it’s quite disturbing. Numbers, my feelings and playing successes is all on the table, I can’t do better.

Not sure to be a good pilot enough to win something, and can’t netdeck a corp list because I don’t like playing this way.

I’m cool, I’m also 100% sure to be clumsy in english :smile:

Would more be sad about it than angry if you wanted to know my actual feelings.

1 Like

We’re all surprised, that’s all, because you’re basically saying all these things long ago tested and worked out are wrong.

If you asked me to design a runner deck that was bad, I’d probably tell you to play Anarch, include Force of Nature, Wyrm, Cujo (ideally 3 of each), add Cyber Threat, and then make it 80 cards with no tutors.

I’m really glad it’s working out for you!

Yes it work for sure, why wouldn’t it work less than in a deck you play larla after you draw 5+14 cards (and if you draw a card a turn like a Wyldside, after, say, 5+24 cards) ?

Just a honest question.

There’s a math and stat problem here, it’s not automatic 45.

You have a clock.
Either you reset it half way, either you slow it down.
77 is slowing it down. For a lot of reasons I can list, that solution is valid.

I think some of the skepticism arises because you are playing inefficient cards in multiples. The “many cards vs 45+LARLA” debate might be a secondary issue, but diluting your chance to draw impact cards like Desperado is one argument against the “many cards” approach. MaxX’s ability is very powerful, and it will take some time to figure out its optimal utilization. The oft-quoted arguments against both “many cards” and your card selection are reason enough for most, I suspect, to deprioritize testing or refining your build.

1 Like

Man, JUST when this thread was starting to stabilize, a wild @Syntax appears.

7 Likes