I’m trying to work on a different approach to Wu. I feel like this deck has some merit but it’s missing something. Any input would be great.
Big Rig Wu
Kabonesa Wu: Netspace Thrillseeker (Down the White Nile)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Down the White Nile
Deck built on NetrunnerDB.
The deck typically plays in the following order of phases:
(1) Start up: Get burst money, then use Wu’s ability to tutor out SMCs and install 2x Sahasrara and 1x Multithreader. This is a really powerful economy engine for most of the game.
(2) Expand setup: You’re sitting at 1 MU, so get out Mirror and/or Leprechaun to increase your ability to add more programs to your rig.
(3) Final board: Get out Maven and/or combination of standard breakers. You want to be searching for the rest of your Multithreaders, which will let you have a ton of money for breaking each turn.
Against decks that do not run fast advance options, Clone Chip lets you recur Tapwrm to keep it on the table. SacCon primarily does the same thing, but pulls double duty against Skorpios and also allows you to keep Clot on the table when needed.
Once you can threaten Clot, you can use Peace or Day Job to get more money and stall a bit. Use Maker’s Eye every few turns to dig into R&D, and snipe other agendas from HQ.
– Utility rig really lets you mitigate costs for installing or using programs
– Multithreader can be used to pay for SMC, Misdirection, or add power counters to Study Guide on turns you don’t run
– Powerful late game (typical of most big-rig Shaper)
– High degree of consistency
– Can afford to run more aggressively on high-impact runs than some other Shapers, especially to close out a scoring window
– Wu allows you to pull out and use Misdirection with 3 clicks in a pinch, great against NBN or tag-and-bag Weyland
– Lots of installing, so can be caught off guard by damage/kill decks
– Runs through the stack quickly in many games. PU will be a very poor matchup.
– Burst economy cards require turn 1 (Peace) or 4 clicks (Day Job). With Beth out, you can Day Job and still run if they are at 15+ credits, which can catch some people off guard.
– No current. Could really use 1-2 Interdiction to counter Batty, NGO Front, and Ash