Home | About | Tournament Winning Decklists | Forums

The Underway Set Review

Originally published at: http://stimhack.com/the-underway-set-review/

Discuss the latest article by @Crunchums here.

What the hell, it’s been like 3 hours or something and so far no one has criticized the review scale or said that a card is obviously under/over scored! We’re losing our touch, damn it.

I’ll bite. How does Test Ground get anything more than 0? Much less putting it ahead of Pachinko or even Defective Brainchips. I can at least see a moderately useful purpose for those cards.

I’ll bite. Using LLDS Processor as an example of a 2/5 card? Didn’t you know LLDS Replicator Chameleon London Library is the new meta?

Seriously though, good review. I would rate Allele and Expose lower because 2 to rez is expensive on top of the cost of the advancement tokens.

I agree that should have put Test Ground at 2 instead of 2.5 and LLDS Processor is not a good example of a 2
Hard to get things perfect : X

You say the best runners for Faust are Noise and Quetzal, but I would argue MaxX is better than either since she gets a free card every turn.

I disagree. MaxX has inherently less ability to use Faust in the long run. She already only gives you access to ~30% of her deck (~60% with levy), and if you have to trash even more of her deck to fuel Faust then that’s even less usable economy and other cards.

Ideally with MaxX, there is no long run.

Just play a bigger deck then.

Probably depends on the MaxX deck. RAM has a pretty excellent late game and can go the distance. True she is on a timer and sets up fast but that isn’t all she does.

True with big deck MaxX. 110 cards go.

and never find your Faust early on…

You’re MaxX, you have free draw and easy recursion for it if it gets milled, it’s fine.

Oh sure you will. Play Wyldside-Pancake, you see 5 cards per turn (that’s my current deck, and it’s working :p).

On a sidenote, the best card for “my game” is Allele. This card is just a giant banana with ice cream and top chocolate for my Tennin deck :smiley: