Thematic disintegration

Adam has no such restrictions, afaik, and cerebral static has no effect on him.

On the note of Apex though, it’s worth pointing out that Fantasy Flight went out of their way to point out that no-one is sure what it is. From the official site:

so basically, yeah. if you play titanium ribs, maybe it means that apex is reinforcing the meat body somewhere that hosts it; maybe it’s just a more sturdy tank for the animal brain it’s wired to. Maybe cerebral static forces the long-jacked-in Apex to wake up! Conversely, if you run an Apex deck without these cards, then maybe it is a sentient AI, free-floating in the net. the point is that there is intentionally no canon as to what or who Apex is.

3 Likes

Drive By the Ghost Branch though…

"Alright boys let do this…

hmm…

Did we get the right address?

You sure?

Fuck it, just shoot the walls up or something."

4 Likes

Haha, I’d see it as those thugs getting tagged, but not giving a fuck, and ghost branch is therefore useless as a trap so it gets trashed, cause no one will fall for it anymore. But I really like your interpretation. You know, every criminal had access to drive by, but so does every runner. You know, I’m more and more sympathetic to the Corp every day, especially when little cyber girls with dinosaur machines start gunning down sysops. Sysops with dreams and nightmares just like the rest of us.