Titan Transnational

maxx is a goddamn brat she hogs all the attention

7 Likes

It was the average of the 3 ones that won SCs, except instead of shards or box-es I had a clone chip as the last 2 influence. Otherwise pretty stock.

1 Like

Anyone done some thinking about adding slight modifications to give you an Accelerated Diagnostics Plan C? If youā€™ve already got Jackson Howard and Power Shutdown you can turn on some combos with very little extra commitment.

For example if you went:
+1 Interns
+2 Shipment from Sansan * *
+1 Accelerated Diagnostics *

-1 Lotus Field *
-1 Sweeps Week * *
-2 Beanstalk Royalties

That enables scoring a 5/3, from the deck, for 3 credits. Add a Subliminal Messaging and you could score a 5/3 from hand for 2 credits (or 7 with Biotic Labour). You also get a more consistent Scorch combo, just make sure you donā€™t trash your R&D and hit their Iā€™ve Had Worse. With an overscored Atlas you donā€™t even need to have a single card in hand, just have Jackson survive a turn. Also worth noting that Wormhole gives you an extra target for Shipment.

2 Likes

Not saying itā€™s an unfeasible idea, but I donā€™t think the deck could function without those Beanstalks and Sweeps Week. the econ can already be tight as it is if your deck feeds you garbage

this isnā€™t something you can really count on being able to do

Shipment from Sansan and Subliminal Messaging are roughly equivalent to Beanstalk Royalties for economy so I donā€™t see the switch as a problem.

Right, Iā€™m saying you have to assume Anarchs have Iā€™ve Had Worse in hand so itā€™s rarely worth the risk to shutdown scorch combo when they have a 5 card hand and sketchy against a 4 card hand. Although the combo also opens up triple Scorch which has a solid chance of working.

I canā€™t agree about Subliminal, Runners run all over you with this deck. Early game you rarely have enough ICE to cover all your servers, and mid to late game theyā€™ve got their breaker suite and your gear check ICE becomes relatively transparent

God do I hate wasting deck slots on subliminal messaging.

Having expercienced my most severe loss yet against @maznaz with Maxx, I can confirm this. Itā€™s all nice and well to have a very taxing piece of Ice in Tollbooth, but you got to be able to rez the darn thing first. Hell, I canā€™t even rez an Enigma 80% of the time without going to zero creds. And next turn, they Spoon it or something. Iā€™m at my 6th revision for a Titan supermodernism against this archetype and now Iā€™m certain that short of extreme luck, thereā€™s nothing I can throw at it that gives me even a slight edge against it.

Iā€™d love to hear how to consistently beat it, outside of ā€œjust play BS or NEHā€. Crisium Grid is not an answer.

Ummā€¦ we already have a dedicated Mediohxcore (or lack thereof) thread:

:smiley:

I think it may be just a really bad match up for Titan. I played against a Titan deck my friend was running at the local store champs yesterday.

Heā€™s a good player and the deck seemed solid but my Eater/Siphon/Keyhole MaxX easily beat him two times in the tournament and again in a casual match between rounds.

Iā€™ve also never lost to Titan on OCTGN with that MaxX list.

it is a bad match up, hence why i came in here seeking advice some time ago ;d

So I played about 20 league games with Titan, and I got news - Mark Yale sucks. When he is useful he is great, but that happened just in a one game, so he sucks instead.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your build?

He feeds into the major feature of the deck in my experience - when you are winning, your deck makes you win more, when you are not winning, your deck makes you lose. Hard.

1 Like

Exactly. If you are scoring agendas, Mark Yale is awesome.

If you arenā€™t, it sucks. But if you arenā€™t scoring agendas, Mark Yale is likely not the problem, something else is going wrong.

I tried something that can switch plans midgame - rush, classic remote play, scorch, FA. So far mixed feelings, but not sure if build type has anything to do with Mark Yale being a lazy bum ;). Turns out the deck lives and dies on Project Atlas, which is not very good.

Transitional Versatility

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)
1x Firmware Updates (Order and Chaos)
2x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (6)
1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
1x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)

Operation (15)
1x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢
2x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set)
2x Trick of Light (Trace Amount) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢

Barrier (6)
3x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Lotus Field i[/i] ā€¢ā€¢
2x Quandary (Double Time)
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (6)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Errand Boy (The Source)
2x Nebula (Order and Chaos)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I did great with Titan, until I ran into Quetzal. Anarchs can be very annoying. If you donā€™t get the right ICE fast enough, youā€™re doomed. I donā€™t like the anarch matchup

I think you have two many plans in mind, concentrate on one with Plan B.
Scoring one Atlas out of three, with Biotic in deck, is pretty easy. Yesterday I scored one and lost another two - that one Atlas counter won me the game (Hostile for 7 points or Sea Source for flatline). I started with Atlas behind Chimera, leaving both HQ and R&D wide open and I was right - the cookie of free Makerā€™s Eye and Legwork was too much. :smile:
The only problem I have is with early game money - Iā€™ve put two Succesful Demos for that, but I didnā€™t test it enough so I donā€™t know if itā€™s the right call.
Anyone have tried Grail suite in Titan? 8 inf left for other things looks fine.

Tried Swordsman yet?

Have you? Seems totally not worth it and a waste of influence to me. Eater/Keyhole decks have Femme to break it. Shapers use Mimic. The new Andy drip-econ-with-Overmind deck abuses Fairy; etc.

2 Likes