Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread

I’ve been testing a Making News Tag Drizzle deck, linked here and pasted below. I come from a Midseason PsychoBeale deck that was doing very well, but I started to feel that runner economies were speeding up enough that I was having a harder time firing off the Midseason. This deck removes the ability to tag the runner on the corp’s turn while simultaneously super-charging the ability to tag the runner on their own turn.

MVPs are Manhunt (obviously), the ID in Making News (by about the midgame, those credits get used very frequently) and Data Raven. ChiLo City Grid is a powerful card that I’m on the fence about right now. If I get a Viper and a Hunter on RnD, ChiLo turns that server into a heavy tax if they let the traces fire, and activates two already taxing pieces of ICE if they opt to break them. Another good play is throwing ChiLo in a remote while you’ve got Manhunt running and start installing your Sansans, Melanges or even an agenda along-side it. It’ll make the server taxing during setup because ChiLo triggers off the Manhunt trace.

Strengths: the deck is super taxing and it’s hard for runners to figure out a strategy against it. I think Parasite recursion/Cutlery is probably the best call because that can chop up the data ravens, and Atman at 4 is pretty funny in this deck (I didn’t notice that it was almost all strength 4 until I ran into an atman player. Still managed to win, but it was much tougher). Aside from that, regular breakers cry at the cheap taxing nature of cards like Hunter and Viper, made worse by the fact that if you’re clearing tags you just can’t afford to let any of those traces fire or you’re eating an even bigger tax.

Problems with the deck so far: money and ICE. I feel like Eli and Viper are absolutely crucial to this deck, since it’s ultimately an econ-denial strategy on the corp’s side. If they don’t show up, runners don’t get slowed down early and can build their state to the point where they can handle the tax (or be prepared to go tag-me). Money is also tough, since I don’t want to have unprotected remotes that could provide easy answers to the manhunt trace. That puts persistent asset economy out, leaving me with… well, hedge, Sweeps and Melange. If anyone has any good ideas as to how to do the econ differently, let me know. Melange usually sits in the Sansan/Scoring server, letting the runner come in and trash it if they want to pay the tax for it and otherwise paying out to me very quickly. Another obvious weakness is link, and the Andy supplier decks runner Dyson and Underworld Contacts make me nervous.

Game play so far as been mixed, but promising. I’d say about half the time the pieces align correctly and the tax is very burdensome for a variety of decks I’ve played against. The other half the time the deck doesn’t feel like it really distinguishes its self, but often pulls through a win because the cards are largely yellow. Any thoughts about increasing consistency or economy?

Tag Drizzle

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x TGTBT (True Colors)

Asset (6)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x ChiLo City Grid (Trace Amount)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (13)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set) ••••
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Manhunt (First Contact)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
1x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (3)
2x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) ••
1x TMI (What Lies Ahead)

Code Gate (7)
1x Checkpoint (Order and Chaos) ••
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
3x Viper (Cyber Exodus) •••

Sentry (5)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Hunter (Core Set)
1x Information Overload (The Spaces Between)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Looking at the ice choices for your drizzle deck, the deck kinda just auto-loses to an Atman 4, since 10/15 ice are exactly on 4. Have you had any trouble with this?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s a problem. I’ve actually only run into 1 runner playing atman at all since I started testing the deck a few weeks ago, and I won that matchup because Atman doesn’t help with manhunt and if you let the tags float at all in a event deck, you’re going to get your accounts closed (and recurred via archived memories). But a strong deck with atman at 4 should have a field day with the deck as it stands. Caduceus is a good card. Shadow, maybe? I dunno.

1 Like

How about a Tagstorm Psycho version with Manhunt?

Identity: NBN: Making News

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: undefined / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program
1x Market Research
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Beale

Asset (18)
3x Daily Business Show
3x Dedicated Response Team ●●●●●●●●●
3x Jackson Howard
3x Marked Accounts
3x PAD Campaign
3x Snare ●●●●●●

Ice (11)
3x Data Raven
3x Hunter
2x Information Overload
3x Pop-up Window

Operation (7)
3x Diversified Portfolio
2x Manhunt
2x Psychographics

Upgrade (3)
3x SanSan City Grid

1 Like

Needs more Interns (and maybe Dracos in place of the Hunters), looks… playable otherwise.
( :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

The only reason Hunter is in there over Draco is that it doesn’t end the run, which means Manhunt fires.

You could be right and maybe I do need more stopping power though.

1 Like

The runner can just jack out before the hunt…

1 Like

In which case you have used a cheaper ice to successfully end the run. That doesn’t sound too bad.

Personally, I think ChiLo will be supercharged by Gutenberg. That’s a 2 rez 3(+3 if on R&D) strength sentry with a trace 7 to tag subroutine. If that sub fires, the trace is almost certain to succeed (barring the runner paying through their nose to avoid it).

1 Like

4-0 so far…

Blow the noise

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (10)

Hardware (2)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (3)

• 3x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (25)

14 influence spent (max 15)
48 cards (min 45)

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Need some assistance please Stimhackers.

The idea is basically ‘install, double advance’ on each of your turns once you have built up a little bank and are ready to punitive or scorched. Keep trashing the runners rig so your central barriers are impenetrable. Its a bit of that uncorrodable idea. The first time they get pinged with a bad trap, like a junebug, you can start laying out three pointers and go for em. It would be crazy, but if the runner is sufficiently scared of a 9 advanced Junebug or Secretary you might even pull off a Government Takeover from time to time.

Playtesting so far has been a blast. Its not got enough economy I don’t think (you’d think but no). You have to build up a while before you can punitive. If you can scare the runner enough after the first secretary you usually have a good shot at scoring a gov contracts which keeps you very nicely in the black.

Any thoughts on improvements and what have you would be much appreciated.

Ghost Ship v0.2

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (6)

Asset (19)

Operation (15)

Barrier (6)

Sentry (3)

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Yesssssssssssssssssss, I forgot about Gutenberg. Though one of the things I really like about ChiLo is that it turns your non-tagging tracer ice into tags. Caduceus is really nice that way because people are normally ok with letting you get the money if you’re dropping your making news creds into it (paying 4/5 to deny you 3 makes people sad) but if they’re getting a tag, too… :smiley: I love those painful choices.

Played the deck twice again last night and manhunt is just super taxing. I got wrecked by @gumOnShoe’s Valencia deck, though, since I couldn’t use any of my ICE. Not sure if that matchup is bad enough that it needs to be teched against, but maybe Broadcast Center or Executive Boot Camp? Problem is, deck space is already really tight.

1 Like

Boot Camp/Veteran’s Program is the better call. Broadcast Center is ineffective if you don’t have a way to remove BP to begin with.

1 Like

Good point. Veteran’s Program is probably the best way to go since it doesn’t take up extra space. Sad to lose TGTBT since it’s nice bait, though. Either way, I don’t think it’s worth teching against unless Valencia gets more popular and more people play it well enough. Other times I’ve played it it’s been fairly simple to bait out the Blackmails into remotes to create scoring windows. I don’t think most people have cottoned to running planned assault in that deck yet.

1 Like

This deck almost looks like it’d be better out of NEH. Data Raven and Information Overload still have teeth without Making News (especially if you can get the Data Raven Outside the Information Overload) and Pop-up Window gains nothing from it. The only card that gets much weaker in NEH is Manhunt, but maybe something like Midseason would work better in this particular deck anyway. And if Hunter doesn’t feel as awesome, you could replace it with Universal Connectivity Fee to discourage tag-me (and it’s a fine tax even without tag-me for its price).

I’ve been playing different kind of tagging NBN decks for a few months and I only really felt Making News in particular start to shine when I started throwing 3x Viper into the decks. It’s a better Eli in Making News because it hurts to face check and it’s generally taxing better anyway since Corroder pays less for Eli than Zu pays for Viper. Not running it feels like a missed opportunity.

1 Like

Rex is slick. I like it.

ST definitely ends up with 3x gift or caprices 90% of the time. Great choices. 1x heinlein and 2x caprice makes shit gross. Throw in lag time, patch and midway for those ichi servers and you’re in business.

1 Like

I went with Making News because of Manhunt, but after playing it a few times it’s definitely better out of NEH, with Midseason. Which is a shame, Manhunt and Making News are both strong, but NEH is just plain better.

1 Like

I think there’s decks where Making News is stronger (more tracing ICE and less asset economy) but your decklist is definitely screaming for NEH with all those installables. Increases your pace and taxes the runner’s economy, which is exactly what your midseason replacements wants.

1 Like

3-0 in league with this pile of garbage so far, 2 9/6 combo wins and 1 5/3 combo win

thanks to @kiv for inspiration and pro tips

Titan 6pt Doomsday Combo

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (9)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (7)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)

Operation (18)
3x Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora) •••
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
1x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
1x Reclamation Order (Double Time) ••
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) •••
1x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (5)
3x Hive (Double Time)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (5)
2x Archer (Core Set)
3x Errand Boy (The Source)

Other (1)
1x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
17 influence spent (max 17)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

6 Likes

I think goofiness aside, I think that having a PS/AD option is probably really smart, for 1 card and 1 influence, and the ease with which Titan acquires an Atlas token, to have the option to combo out for points or a flatline–in some cases, propagating your 1 token into 3.

1 Like

So, I’ve been working on a very irritating Reina deck. The idea came when I started running Keyhole in Gabe. Most RnD pressure isn’t actually super run intensive. Maker’s Eye and Indexing make for an explosive turn, but you don’t have to run a whole lot. RnD Interface makes your once-a-turn or so runs lock out the corp, and Medium escalates each run until the corp does something about it. Keyhole, though, is weird. Each individual Keyhole run is actually not that bad; if it’s an agenda you throw in the trash you still need to run again to pick it up, and trashing anything else is something you can already do with Imp. Picking the best of 3 is definitely nice, but a single keyhole run will almost never be a game decider. The card gets oppressive when you smash into RnD with it over and over again, throwing multiple important cards and agendas in the trash.

So, its natural pairing seems to be Desperado. Keyhole takes up a lot of your time when you’re exploiting it, so adding run synergy in with it seems like a good idea. Further, you could gather yourself Medium tokens while you’re doing it to add another vector of pressure for a regular run. Eater makes the Keyholes more reliable and Cutlery/Parasites keep the ICE from becoming too taxing. Deck here and below.

Queen to RnD: Checkmate

Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter

Event (10)
2x Dirty Laundry
2x I’ve Had Worse
2x Knifed
1x Spooned
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2x Clone Chip ••••
3x Desperado ••••• ••••
2x MemStrips

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts
1x Hades Shard •
3x John Masanori
3x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (6)
2x Darwin
3x Eater
1x Mimic

Program (9)
2x Datasucker
3x Keyhole
1x Medium
3x Parasite

45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

So far it’s doing ok, but play is super annoying for the Corp. Since the deck is almost entirely bound up in the Keyhole strategy, it sort of negates any other plans they might have had. I’ve had a few people on OCTGN commit auto-suicide by just drawing like crazy and dumping agendas into archives to end the game early, since if Reina’s plan works, it’s basically unfun.

That said, it’s a pretty rad engine when it’s running.

1 Like