Worldwide Regional Results

San Antonio had 31 today. Colin Hanna won again. @shazzner second.

Edit (top 8 final standings):

1 - Colin H - Noise/ETF
2 - Chris H- Valencia/NEH
3 - Sam S - Whizzard/SYNC
4 - Chris S - Whizzard/Palana
5/6 - Alex L - Noise/Spark
5/6 - Allen H - Andromeda/Haarpsichord
7/8 - Jeff S - Noise/Etf
7/8 - Rufus M - Leela/NEH

4 Likes

How does that attendance compare with last year?

We didn’t have a regionals last year. Our store championship was only 14, so +17 from that.

2 Likes

What were the Madison results? I missed the stream.

Jordan Morris (maybe @rubyvr00m?) won with Maxx and NEH. @spags took second with Whizzard and IG. I’ll post more info with the NRTM graphs at some point later today.

5 Likes

Thanks again to everyone that came out to the Madison, WI regionals. @cranked and I had a great time TOing the event. Also, huge shoutout to @Sotomatic for coming down to stream the event. Here are the final standings (not sure if some of these guys are on Stimhack or not):

1. Jordan Morris @rubyvr00m? (Maxx/NEH)
  2. Scott Pagliaroni @spags (Whizzard/IG)
  3. Alex Simon (Kate/NEH)
  4. Trevor Stack (Hayley/Palana)
    5/6. Joe Schupp @Paranoid (Noise/IG)
    5/6. William Brown @Ulkrond? (CT/Blue Sun)
    7/8. Erik Hasse @hasserik? (Whizzard/Biotech)
    7/8. Aaron Andries @aandries (Whizzard/Biotech)

For those of you that like stats/graphs, here ya go:

Runner ID breakdown:

Corp ID breakdown:

Corp vs. Runner win %:

Runner Faction wins:

Corp Faction wins:

Runner ID win %:

Corp ID win %:

ID matchup:

That’s a lot of data, but here are my takeaways:

1. Corp was king with a 56% win percentage.
  2. The only corp without an ID greater than 50% win percentage was HB.
  3. Of the corp IDs played, 11/17 had >= 50% win percentage.
  4. On the runner side, only Whizzard, Maxx, and the one lonely professor had >= 50% win percentage.
20 Likes

Also - so much NEH, IG, Gagarin - we really are deep in the asset meta.

3 Likes

fantastic data; rather sharpens my opinion that in competitive play, the game has swung hard towards corps outside of anarch IDs (and even noise is struggling to remain in contact)

Thanks a ton for sharing!

7 Likes

Yeah it was me. Finally beat the great @spags on his own turf.

5 Likes

Yup, that’s me. Even if we finished 7/8, @aandries and I brought Biotech to an 81.8% win rate! That’s got to be some sort of record.

7 Likes

@hasserik got a list?

I’m doing a writeup on NRDB right now, I’ll edit a link in when it’s posted

edit: Here’s my Biotech list. I did a little writeup of each game there for those who are interested.

3 Likes

Huntsville Top 8 (29 players):

1 - Ahmed Abbasi - NEH/Kate (@AceJack)
2 - Gordie Murphy - ETF/Hayley (@Abstract)
3 - Sjohn Chambers - NEH/Whizzard (@Sjohn)
4 - Hollis Eacho - IG/Whizzard (@HEacho)
5/6 - Timothy Hiehle - NEH/MaxX
5/6 - Matt Dawkins - NEH/Noise (@CrimsonWraith)
7/8 - Richard Baxtor - ETF/Whizzard
7/8 - Frank Mehlhaff - ETF/Leela

Full Swiss Results: http://i.imgur.com/gplRG9c.jpg

Top 8 Bracket: http://challonge.com/HuntsvilleNetrunnerRegional2016

Full stream archive: Twitch

11 Likes

Fantastic play. I erred at times, but also was trying to fight my dex at times. Well done. Proud of you.

Props to all my opponents, and @stormzbowler, @cranked, and @Sotomatic for showing how to run and stream a tourney well. No commentary, but I think @Ulkrond and I provided enough for all.

Slops to I’m Board. Two years in a row, they pull some of the best US Regional attendances, and give ZERO beyond the kit. (They did have some trick or treat candy). Poor fucking form. I’ll never support such a store.

10 Likes

Thanks

4 Likes

I want to hire out Will to be my personal voice at tournies.

7 Likes

Wow, I haven’t seen a top 8 where everyone had the same prestige before. Were there many intentional draws?

The tournament was 1 round too long. With the numbers we had, we should have done 4 rounds, but we did 5 instead. There were several IDs last round, though there were a few flex spots that got determined after the extra round due to last-round sweeps.

1 Like

There were 5 byes used, also, that probably increase the chance of of matching records going into top 8, I’d wager.

By my understanding… Going into the fourth round, there were four players at 10 prestige and ten players at 8 prestige. The top four players decided to ID the fourth round. Going into the fifth round, there were now six players at 12 prestige and six players at 10 prestige. The top six players all decided to ID in the final round. Two of the players at 10 swept in the final round, making for a clean cut with eight players at 14.

Funny enough, the two players at 10 that swept also had the highest tiebreakers after four rounds, so the top cut didn’t change at all from the fourth round to the fifth round, though the seeds shuffled a bit. Never seen it myself before this tourney, clearly an unusual scenario caused by the IDs.

1 Like