Valencia, the combo Anarch?

I think one ice carver is fine, but any more is pushing it and that really is a tech slot and definitely not core to her at all. Inject feels 100% necessary to me. Everytime I cut it, it’s a huge mistake. I can’t stand the lack of consistency without them.

I don’t feel like you need 3 clone chips to fire inject. I’ve been fine with 2. It kind of reminds me of playing government takeover. Sometimes it will just screw you but the consistency that it offers the deck is worth the risk to me.

Scrubber I also consider tech. 1 of is fine.

Why did you decide to do 3 adjusted instead of the normal 2 that most lists are running?

1 Like

i hear where you’re coming from, but the first time you’re making multiple runs with desperado, ice carving two ice, a datasucker, and bp…
you will never look back and you will slot 2 of em
i have been injecting with 2 chips and earthrises as a draw package instead of wyldeside, it’s not really much worse, might free up a slot

edit: wyldside is all the draw you need, but you’ve got to get it going if that’s the plan
3x makes sure that happens properly. 4 dead cards in a 50 card deck isn’t the best, but when every other card is so great for you it’s a suitable sacrifice. now that you mention it the draw is more crucial than getting the click back, so the adjusted could definitely go to 2. i haven’t thought of the package that way but i like the slot it would open up. sold.
inject/earthrise package is less reliable yet possibly less durdley in a way, it’s a tough call. earthrise is 3 new career fair targets though, whereas adj/wyldside just calls for 1 if any career fair to get it out for cheap, frees up other fairs for resource econ

does the visage need to be there? i’m on the fence but it’s about a possible advantage if wyldside isn’t showing up, even at 1x

edit: +1 inject -1 adjusted lets see how it goes

Dat sarcasm xD

How do you guys feel about the Lack of HQ multiaccess?
With the blackmail threat I often feel that Agendas Stack up in HQ and some form of HQ pressure would be nice.
But the influence is too much pressured to play Legwork and I’m Not sure if Wanton Destruction is good at all. Plus it is antisynergistic with Wyldside without Pancakes and costs you the whole turn…
I’ve even thought about nerve agent as an influence free HQ Interface, but the MU requirement hurts.

TLDR; Slot Legwork/Wanton Destruction/Nerve Agent or just be happy with Single access HQ runs?

you just head into hq more than you normally would for a single access, which is quite good because you’re putting more pressure across both centrals and remotes in a pretty lovely and even way that the corp has to deal with, making it harder for them to just shut off your medium digs and call it a day

Street Peddler should make Clot a reasonable include to shore up the FA match ups if they end up being a big issue, I think, especially if you’re running the full three Clone Chips.

Street Peddler->Fools Gold

Reveal 3 cards from your deck at random: will always contain the magic card.

2 Likes

Netrunner is a game about skill and cunning, but mostly it’s a game about always drawing the best card in your deck.

3 Likes

Netrunner is about outplaying your opponent even when you have the worst cards in your deck. Your TO might want to have a word with you if you always draw the best cards. :confused:

I was being facetious :speak_no_evil:

Regardless, I think Street Peddler’s dual benefit of filtering and allowing you to play on your opponent’s turn means that Clot will actually be a card in the value based Valencia/Whizzard(/Ed Kim) decks, if that’s what your meta calls for.

1 Like

Street Peddler will be amazing as it both decreases variance through draw, and it increases skill by providing a new set of decisions to make.

7 Likes

Ended up 4th at the Chicago Regionals with this list:

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (15)
3x Blackmail
2x Career Fair ••
1x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
2x Inject
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
3x Clone Chip ••••• •
2x Grimoire
2x Net-Ready Eyes ••••
1x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (11)
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account

Icebreaker (7)
1x Atman •••
2x Corroder
2x Mimic
2x Yog.0

Program (9)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
2x Medium
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Chrome City

It only lost two games on the day, both against RP. In one of them, I lost 5+ psi’s for the winning agenda and the other where I couldn’t find breakers fast enough but still would have won if I had thought through my last turn a little better. If you haven’t heard, it turns out Parasite and Medium are good cards (that can win the game by themselves if not respected.)

I’m really glad I brought Valencia instead of Whizzard – she did work. It’s hard to say with a 50 card deck, but I believe Blackmail won me games that Whizzard would have lost. One of the main issues with Anarch is the set up time and I really loved threatening Blackmail and sniping agendas while doing so.

Up until the night before I was going to bring Zu / Legwork / 3rd Career Fair ala @hhooo over NRE/Atman but I tested it against RP and Zu felt awful to me. I’m really glad I made the change – I had NRE pretty much whenever I needed it and blanking Lotus/Code gates was amazing.

Atman I never ended up using to good effect – it was a peace of mind include against glacier that should have probably been a Career Fair and Legwork instead.

Stimhack was a good surprise card while setting up but only really played into the outcome of one game – it likely could be cut. I want to test Incubator in that slot for threatening a big medium run – or maybe just replace it with peddler.

I feel like Street Peddler will make this deck worlds better, the econ package is already good but #AnarchProblems are real and accounted for all of my close games/losses but one. Being able to stash a Breaker or Parasite with Peddler would have been amazing.

1 Like

Congrats! Did you face any shutdown?

I didn’t! I could have just dodged them in the early rounds but I feel like there were too many great Kate and Siphon MaxX players for a deck going all in on that strategy to make it to the top tables.

I’m sorry, I’m just dumb - I can’t bend my mind around Street Peddler and see how it solves Anarch problems and helps in a lot of games. I guess, it involves surprise factor but still…

@Humanoids I’m sure it won’t solve it entirely but I believe it will smooth things out some. The surprise/insta program aspect will be useful at times but I’m just looking forward to another card that lets me efficiently move through my deck while also providing a small economy boost.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks! It’s just that I don’t find Street Peddler a card that I would cut anything for - the decks are tight as they already are.

yeah it just doesn’t seem like it’s better for draw or econ than the things the decks are already doing
but testing may reveal otherwise, sure

edit: maybe it makes the deck more versatile, towards maxx level. but it causes some problems at the same time so…

1 Like

Love your deck, right down to the Stimhack. Street Peddler does out your build in a bit of a quandry. Testing will have to reveal if having too many useful events, as Val does, will make Street Peddler frustrating to play. I like the idea of it as a 1 or 2-of. Cut Stimhack and maybe a resource for it.

You kind of want Stimhack with Street Peddler though. It’s another source for you to dump the 9 creds on.