Weyland Glacier Grid Combo(HELP!)

Alright Guys, I have been going through many versions of this deck for the last week now, and I have officially come to StimHack to outsource some thinking power. I really think this could be the start to Weyland’s come back, especially with Blue Sun dropping next pack. I’m gonna talk for a little bit about the deck, then list what I have right now, and go through some cards I was including/thinking to include in other versions.

So number one, this deck needs to make a bunch of money. It needs to be able to rez the grid combo, which costs 9 combined, as well as the ice to protect it. Number two, that needs to be some taxing ice, because unless you are running ash or corporate troubleshooter(Which i thought about), you can’t really pay to win.

Now, I have gone through versions that use Draco and Data Raven to try to give tags to ice, with the threat of Scorched. Other versions ran no scorched, but punitive’s because the amount of three pointers you have, but that has been inconsistent as well.

This is what I have as of right now.

Identity
Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
3x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Asset (4)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) • •
2x Eliza’s Toybox (First Contact) •• ••

ICE (17)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) •• ••
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Hadrian’s Wall (Core Set)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) • • •
2x Wendigo (First Contact)

Operation (13)
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) • •
2x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Upgrade (6)
3x Off the Grid (Second Thoughts)
3x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Total Cards: 49
Total Influence: 15

I was running Closed accounts as tag punishment at one point, but took that out as well.

This latest version has made the constant decision to take out the flatline cards, wanted everyone’s opinion on that as well.

It was running Hive as well to lock them out of R&D for awhile, but I found that it was useless if I didn’t get it early, and it obviously isn’t strong late game once i have points scored.

As above, i thought about Ash and corporate trouble shooter, but I felt with the combo that would take a lot of set up to work, and I chose toybox over troubleshooter to rez the big ice. I might go back to troubleshooter to protect the cards that been Oversight AI’d.

How does everyone feel about Oversight AI here? I feel as though it’s strong, but with the existence and prevalence of Femme and sharpshooter that using it on a hadrian’s or archer isn’t very safe.

That was a lot of talking, what do you guys think?

Femme doesn’t kill your Curtain Wall/Hadrians (except in some bizarre alternate universe where they’re paying 19/12 and tinkering, then they can have it). Archer vs sharpshooter is a problem. I’ve got Oversite AI in my list, haven’t tried it yet.

Oversite is a good early game card and a medium mid game card.

I think you need interns to install OTG from archives and to reinstall your dead giant ice.

I have been developing two versions of the off-the-grid/crisium deck in parallel. One is heavily taxing based, the other is heavily program-destruction / binary-ice based. The latter has been the most successful.

I agree completely. I thought punitive had a place in my tax version because of the large number of 3 pointers, but it rarely worked out because it’s so expensive. Your money is spoken for in other shenanigans. I also feel like scorch clutters up a deck that really wants to be seeing it’s primary combo or things that enable it as much as possible.

I dislike it. I’ve already experienced games where OTG is buried in the deck when I have the cash and will to continue scoring. Relying on yet another combo to feels too janky. Same goes for the toybox. To be completely honest, I haven’t tried this approach yet, so take this with a grain of salt.

Here’s my take on it:

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (12)
2 Chronos Project
2 Corporate War
3 Geothermal Fracking
2 Hostile Takeover
3 Project Atlas

Upgrade (8)
2 Corporate Troubleshooter **
3 Crisium Grid
3 Off the Grid

Operation (11)
3 Beanstalk Royalties
2 Blue Level Clearance ****
3 Green Level Clearance ***
3 Hedge Fund

Barrier (5)
3 Ice Wall
1 Wall of Static
1 Wraparound *

Code Gate (5)
2 Enigma
2 Inazuma ****
1 Quandary

Sentry (6)
3 Archer
2 Grim
1 Swordsman *

ICE (2)
2 Chimera

Some notes:

• Still working on the ice composition. I want to up the ETR count, but the large amount of card draw has pulled me through so far.
  • Off-The-Grid is more of a way to force bad decisions, and release pressure in the mid-game. Ideally, you want to score 1-2 agendas behind ETRs before even needing it. Just keep trying to score, even if it means giving up a few points.
  • Chronos project has been clutch on several occasions. The biggest weakness this deck has right now is parasite recursion on your cheap ETRs, denying you early rush scoring. Since a lot of money and tempo comes from agenda money, this can stall you out. Blowing up a parasite in the heap against Andy or Kate is worth it all on its own. Against crim, blowing up a breaker then punching Chronos can be a game winner.
  • Anarch in general is strong against this deck. Imp and robust breaker suites (3x of each, rather than tutoring) put a damper on your main schtick.
  • Will-o-the-wisp is next on my list of items to test. It was underwhelming in the tax variant.
  • R&D is really porous, and it -will- be a huge headache if not careful :frowning:

Let me know what you think.

I don’t think your ice is big enough to warrant toolbox.

5 clicks and four cash to get 8 credits is a bad return.

Essentially 13 clicks for 28 credit means you have to rez 3 Ice to break even.

And that’s not counting variability of ice draw, cost to put down ice, and the tempo hit if there us a delay Between placing ice and rez zing it.

Janis. Curtain wall. Wotan payback in two.
Plus weyland usually has cash to rez ice so it’s A card in search of a problem.

Now in next it’s a different question.