Where is the MWL? - As of August 20th, 2018 - MWL 2.2 is here (effective 2018.09.06)

I’ve been playing a lot of stealth Kit with 3x temujin and Net Mercur as the backbone of the economy, with 2x Paricia to help with asset spam. It can (normally) keep up with asset spam, so I’m hoping that just dropping the third temujin will balance out with having less spam to deal with (maybe).

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

Old hand deck building advice to newbies is to net deck. Pods and articles say to dig up competitive decks from NRDB and play those.

In light of new MWL, what decks would you point new net deckers toward now?

2 Likes

Any recent good stuff crim will be mostly unaffected and damn solid.

Unless you need the deck for this weekend, I’d watch NRDB to see what gets published in the next few days. New MWLs always shake up the meta so it will take a few days before the new best decks start getting identified.

A really nice point that I think was brought up on the most recent Dead Channel episode (though it might have been the most recent The Winning Agenda episode) is that even though Criminal doesn’t actually get hit by this MWL, if the MWL shifts corps deck toward more Glacier-oriented styles of play, run based economy takes a hit, which might hurt Crims.

5 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how much the hit on RM will do for glacier resurgence. I’ll be tip of the spear on that, so I’m excited.

1 Like

How do you have an MWL update in the pipeline for months, and fuck this up?

6 Likes

FFG does not appear to invest much in copy editors.

7 Likes

I’m relatively new, but I remember hearing that the old katman decks ran desperado as the console of choice. are those decks viable with desperado off the list?

If I recall it was CVS that hurt that deck a lot.

So I think Katman itself is probably dead as an archetype (AI Hate is much more prevalent now than it was, and that deck would be super vulnerable to getting blown out by CVS). That said, I think desperado shaper might be worth exploring. In particular, combining Net Mercur with desperado to double up on the effect seems like it should be good.

3 Likes

Desperado Smoke?

1 Like

It’s on my list of things to try. My gut instinct is that it’s going to be worse than temujin smoke, but I think it merits testing.

I am really curious to see if Mirror is viable given the meta may shift to glacier. Supported by Temujin, it really works well with indexing mad dash.

1 Like

Thank the Boggs!

1 Like

Dunno if anyone cares at this point, but they did go back and fix the PDF to have the right MCH image, the right Level 3 influence, and to only be 4.4 MB.

27 Likes

Huh. I guess things are happening much faster under the leadership of Boggs. That was, what, 12 hours?

3 Likes

Despe Smoke is my fantasm since day 1.
I’ll try another time :S
Astrolabe TradeIn and 1x Despe doesn’t work. Much (lacks of punch).

Good on them. That was faster than expected.

Crim still has a favorable matchup if they’re not on batty/rigshooter I think. Kati (w/ hostage) and 1-2 exploits really helps. I also like employee striking EtF as Leela so they either lose a bunch of credits or have to score an agenda earlier than they would like, opening them up to siphon.

3 Likes