Winning Decklists: Fair Games Store Championship 2014

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Fair Games Store Championship 2014 - StimHack

Discuss the latest tournament decklists here.

Whizzard: Master Gamer (What Lies Ahead)

Event (14)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow) •••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Vamp (Trace Amount)

Hardware (5)
2x Grimoire (Core Set)
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (8)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)
3x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (9)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Keyhole (True Colors)
3x Parasite (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

NBN: The World is Yours (Future Proof)*

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x TGTBT (True Colors)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)

Upgrade (1)
1x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (14)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ••••• ••••• ••
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
3x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)
1x Flare (Future Proof)
2x Grim (Opening Moves)

12 influence spent (max 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to True Colors

I’ve been playing with this Whizzard deck yesterday. Keyhole and ofcourse AC are amazing. I went 4-0, but somehow I felt the deck could use something more. Does anybody have some suggestions? Some other cards? Of can this deck do better as Noise?

As a looongtime Whizzard player:

• if you want to switch Identities, explore Reina before Noise - not enough viruses, better use of the ability. I strongly prefer these builds as Whiz, though - free trashes of Adonises and Jacksons are awesome, and people with PAD campaigns/sundews suddenly become very sad
  • I went down to 2 Carapaces, in favor of a third Armitage. You can choose when to get tagged, and don’t really do it when it would kill you. Once you draw a Carapace, you go into full-rage berserker mode. For that, 2 is fine. Another reason is this: the deck really works well when you can get into HQ reasonably, and really explodes when it can’t. That’s why it’s probably smart to put in more cards that will get you from “can’t” to “can” (like, econ :slight_smile: )
  • Personally, I would really try to fit in a nerve agent or two - the synergy with Siphons and Vamps is very nice, and only having to parasite my way clear into one server, rather than two has helped me countless times in the past.
3 Likes

Corp deck is very similar to mine. Except that I go with 3 anonymous tip (Instead of 3 restructure) and I have 40 cards only. TGTBT is really awesome. I went 5-0 at one store championship with it. Can’t say the same about my runner deck (2-3)…Finished 3rd.

I’m very happy with similar deck but with AI set of breakers:
Rockafellar Skank (45 cards)

Whizzard: Master Gamer

Event (14)
3 Account Siphon
2 Deja Vu
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Quality Time
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2 Cyberfeeder
2 Grimoire
3 Plascrete Carapace

Resource (7)
3 Armitage Codebusting
2 Joshua B.
2 Liberated Account

Icebreaker (8)
2 Crypsis
3 Darwin
3 Knight

Program (9)
3 Datasucker
3 Keyhole
3 Parasite

I will not switch identity until everyone stops playing Jackson Howard and SanSan City Grids.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Also interesting;)

Exactly what I’ve been saying since Opening Moves whenever someone whined about how Whiz is a bad identity :stuck_out_tongue:

@Gozik and @PeekaySK I must say that both approaches seem great. Gozik’s deck is more streamlined, but I like the regular Anarch suite with peekkaySK’s suggestions. And I like Vamp as extra tool.

I’ll keep playing and looking for improvements. Thanks for the discussion!

@Argamas If you’re interested in what I’ve been running, here’s my deck:

Lately I’ve been experimenting with going down to 2 Siphons in order to make room for 2 Clone Chips (Insta-speed parasite! Surprise Nerve Agent!), as well as fitting in two copies of Kati Jones and a third Mimic (instead of 2xCrypsis and a Demo Run). So I’m way less tag-me than Gozik is, opting for flexibility instead.

I’m aware that my deck has no extra draw, but the 1-of Atman is too strong to justify ditching for QT. Maybe eventually Anarch will get a card draw effect that I like, and then it’ll find its way in :slight_smile: