Winning Decklists: Team Covenant Winter Tournament 2014

Originally published at: Winning Decklists: Team Covenant Winter Tournament 2014 - StimHack

Discuss the latest tournament winning decklists here.

Team Covenant Winter Tournament 2014
Reina Roja: Freedom Fighter (Mala Tempora)

Event (4)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) •••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set) Hardware (8)

Hardware(8)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) ••••• •
3x Deep Red (Mala Tempora)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (11)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
2x Ice Carver (Core Set) 2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Liberated Account (Trace Amount)
2x Mr. Li (Future Proof) ••••

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Knight (Mala Tempora)
2x Mimic (Core Set)
2x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (13)
3x Bishop (Second Thoughts)
2x Crescentus (A Study in Static) ••
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
2x Rook (Opening Moves)

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World (Core Set)

Agenda (10)
1x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
3x The Cleaners (Second Thoughts)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Operation (22)
2x Accelerated Diagnostics (Mala Tempora) ••
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) ••••• •••
3x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••

Barrier (3)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (3)
3x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (6)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
2x Hunter (Core Set)

ICE (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

So what does this say about Reina? Better then expected? Do people not know yet how to counter/play her? Or was this just a skilled player? :wink:

The Reina deck is stunning to me.

Mr.Li
Levy AR Lab Access
Ice Carver

Really interested in hearing about those card choices, those are unexpected to say the least.

1 Like

Carver I would understand if you were boosting for strength a lot, but those are mostly fixed breakers.

Mr. Li is actually pretty good in anarch, it’s a little slow but they desperately need card selection. He lets you set up pretty easily if you have some time to use him.

No clue on Levy

EDIT: apparently it was a meta call that he never used. Source Reasoning

Chris put up a blog at team covenant talking about his decks…

http://teamcovenant.com/oniya/2014/02/09/by-popular-demand-top-8-champion-talks-about-his-decks/

I definitely think there’s a lot people can take away from that Reina deck to improve upon. She’s not Andy, but perhaps top tier 2.

1 Like

I for one, am amazed at Reina’s ability to use hardware as events!

Yeah, the formatting goof threw me for a loop too :). I didn’t see the Kati Jones at first and was like “Y U NO MONEY” :). Clone Chip + Deep Red is nice synergy. I’ve been tinkering with Grimoire for Clone Chip + Parasite instead, which is a different build altogether.

As for real feedback, I think this Weyland deck would be in trouble if it faced the noise deck that won Standish, ME:

Imp and virus mill are good against combo decks like this.

1 Like

Mr. Li is the best draw card in decks that have lots of redundancy (as Anarchs do). Ice Carver is an excellent resource that’s currently underplayed-- it works very well with Anarch breakers. For instance, a lot of people have been playing Viper and RSVP in NBN recently to avoid Yog, and Ice Carver shuts that down hard. I definitely play 2x Ice Carver in my non-Siphon Reina decks.

LALA I’m less confident in. It might be a meta choice against Jinteki, but personally I think this is unnecessary and not even that reliable when you don’t have Same Old Thing in the deck.

2 Likes

playing mr li in anarch is so smart… this runner deck looks really good, although the economy is little suspect.

queen’s gambit will make it significantly stronger when it comes out.

I’ve always thought the team covenant meta suspicious from the information they have posted about their tournaments and these decklists continue in the same style. The weyland deck is great against bad opponents, once they figure out the “trick” of not doing stupid runs on centrals, always have a good bank of credits and hit any remote the winrate plummets.
Haven’t played much Reina so can’t comment much on that list but whoever piloted it must really like Mr Li.

Team Covenant posted a video recap of their final. It need three games:

http://teamcovenant.com/blog/2014/02/26/v-netrunner-match-2-winter-league-championship-2014/

2 Likes

Oh man, screw the Accelerated Shutdown combo directly. It’s easily the stupidest, least fun thing in netrunner.

eh? game two he won with a punitive. he failed the combo and just killed him out of hand. the combo is overrated

Sure, but every time it works is one time too many :)—he only failed the combo because he didn’t click for a credit before launching it ;).

It was a weird game. Corp waited for the runner to make a super run with 2 RDi’s and a Maker’s Eye and the Runner let an (open?) HJ go, while he knew it was a combo deck…

power shutdown for 3 into punitive would have been enough

I get that he won even without the combo, but that doesn’t prevent me from being annoyed at seeing the combo attempted :). Yes, the runner should have played around Turn Two Nuclear Launch Detected better in this particular case.

For me that second game shows a fundamental lack of understanding regarding how to play against weyland combo, and every possible warningflag was up after that first turn.