Worlds 2015 - Predictions and Useless Banter to Bide Your Time

I still think we see a lot of Noise. He’s too good of a slot machine, and can blow out even the hardest of kill decks.

I think RP’s fine. There will be Crim, it’s still good against that, has tons of ICE that bug the fuck out of Faust decks, and can rush if need be. A scored Nisei MK 2 is still one of the best cards in the game.

6 Likes

A scored Nisei mkII is pretty astounding, but there’s a lot of film critic and employee strike 'round here, which is some pretty serious haterade for RP. Does work a treat against andy and faust-reliant decks, though.

Had a guy tell me the 24/7 News Cycle was going to do… something for RP, but I was never very clear about what that was.

1 Like

I’m feeling less and less Film Critic, with people subbing it out for anti-kill cards. I like the idea of Employee Strike, especially in Crim. What dex do you see running it? (I’d be running it in Leela, for sure)

Plus, my current RP runs 2 ELP, so, there’s that.

1 Like

the secret tech is a bunch of runners teching for NEH and HB FA.

2 Likes

I think employee strike’s predominant effect is to slow a corp down so I reckon either a deck that uses it to boost their speed-game or as a tool for an overwhelming late game.

1 Like

Central time of which country ?

1 Like

Whichever ones you’ve got :slight_smile:

Employee Strike seems bad when one of the most prominent corps, regardless of ID, will be running two or three 2/1 agendas. NEH doesn’t need the card draw. It would stink for Haarps a bit, but they have the 2/1 thing going for them.

If you can stick both Emp. Strike and a Clot, maybe you’ll put them pretty far behind.

ETF can survive without the free credit. It’s not ideal, but it doesn’t shut down their game plan.

I wouldn’t run it at Worlds, but interested in hearing someone defend it in their deck.

This is a legit point in the competitive meta: it’s hard to know how to flex to cover both these insane 24/7 Butchers and Glaciers. Running ELP seems like great cover, since that’s a good effect anyways.

I’m playing around with employee strike in my Kate and it’s quite popular in Leela/Geist (which since we’re mostly fun near-tier-1 around here nowadays there’s tons of): it’s so far the first runner current that has seemed worth an include.

edit

You can’t let them in here! THEY’LL SEE THE BIG BOARD ;). But more seriously, vs. Haarp it’s there for those turns when you’re trying to close the game out and think you can stick clot.

turning off ETF’s power for even a handful of turns is nice, but not backbreaking. Turning off Blue Sun or RP feels good, man.

2 Likes

This is the biggest ball/ovary buster. Run into a Curtain Wall to get them to rez, then play E. Strike. Hope they didn’t just install an agenda.

2 Likes

I’m now running medium again in my criminal decks, so… yeah. Parlay that willingness to spend low to lock them in to never having money or agendas from R&D again :).

2 Likes

Question about worlds, and apologies in advance if it’s been asked elsewhere: what’s the approximate scheduling for Sunday? My friends and I are planning a superbowl-style party to watch the stream, so it’d be helpful for logistics to know around when semifinals start and when finals ended last year.

10 Likes

I have zero clue, but I just wanna say this is really cool to hear.

1 Like

Rough streaming times Here

2 Likes

Thank you! For others’ future reference, here is a more direct source for the times:

8 Likes

NEH,Never Enough Hate

1 Like

Make sure to serve chips, and make some overt reference to them being memory chips or something

1 Like

yeah, I think it’s obvious that basically everything in your life will have to be some kind of pun for the duration of the netrunner worlds party

2 Likes

With 3 hours of elimination rounds before that.

2 Likes

Did someone forget to tell themselves that its 40 minute elim rounds now?

3 Likes