Announcing the First Annual Stimhack Store Champions Invitational!

International Month Line, yo

6 Likes

I know it’s probably not great consolation, but if anyone wins (or gets a bye) a Store Champ that takes place after the invitational, message me to tell me and I’ll make sure you qualify for the event if we do it again next year.

1 Like

Yeah I think so. It only got scheduled this week because when the kit finally came in, as they weren’t sure if it was ever going to get here and didn’t want to schedule one without it in hand.

If the game’s still around.

2 Likes

I think if Thrones or CoC can last as long as the have, we should be fine.

I forgot the sky was falling

3 Likes

3 Likes

This game will not get the support it needs from FFG to thrive, An official online client is it’s best chance of having a long and prosperous life, since you could have big time tournaments supported by the playerbase more easily. FFG isn’t going out of their way to make the game as great as it could be, they have no interest.

2 Likes

Seems like they’re putting a lot of their eggs in the lcg basket so let’s hope they are smart enough to support them

The lcg system is keep making more lcgs, and eventually let them all die sad slow deaths from either just not being a great game or from lack of support. They seriously have the same number of people working on Call of Cthulu as they do Netrunner.

1 Like

It’s at least clear to me they are trying to keep the game supported for the long term; it’s just they don’t care about having the healthiest top-level competitive scene (comprehensive rules, infraction guide, metagame balance, tournament software, engaging with community streamers/commentators).

I’ve been assuming they don’t realize how important that stuff will end up being for netrunner, and/or are too understaffed for making fast progress. We’ll have a better sense come fall, when we see how they treat worlds.

2 Likes

I wonder if the reason is that they don’t have the staff. I know they run a tight ship, not as many employees as you’d think they would have with all the products they publish.

Is it a too soon to start talking Worlds?

I’m glad players are starting to put together more events by themselves (this and the Southern Megacity Circuit). God knows FFG doesn’t care too much about the competitive scene. It would be a shame to see this game slowly die due to their lack of support.

1 Like

Keep hearing this. I disagree sure things aren’t perfect however I think FFG’s future plans show they do very much care and will continue to improve their game.

5 Likes

In beta at the moment.

Here I go. Just won my first SC this season with HB / Kate after 3 top 4.

At least :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard champ

You dropped Queen’s Gambit from your deck? :wink:

1 Like

I played Kate :p.

2 Likes