Announcing the First Annual Stimhack Store Champions Invitational!

It doesn’t seems so. But the timeframe is pretty unforgiving for us european.

1800 CET right?

It isn’t so much on when it’s gonna start but when it will end.

1 Like

Which depends on the start :wink:

The tournament is going to be 4 or 5 rounds with 75 minute rounds. It should end before 0100 CET that night. I don’t see what’s so unforgiving about that!

Because all Europeans sleep at midnight. It keeps our skin beautiful. :smile:

6 Likes

Well, I turn into a werebeast, but sure, that skin story could be told as well

1 Like

As far as tournament software goes, we don’t really need a netrunner specific one, I’ve been using tio for years and it should run netrunner tournaments just as well as anything else.

EDIT: For those interested http://tiopro.com/

EDIT: swiss implementation is missing, ignore this, gonna yell at its developer brb. You can probably use a magic tournament program and just set it to best of 2 though, point still stays

But does it run on my android phone?

For what it’s worth, as always, I recommend this spreadsheet for running any Netrunner tournament. Easy to maintain, simple data entry, and the ability to go back and manually adjust stuff, all with a lovely analytics page full of stats to enjoy afterwards. I’ve tried the ANR program and NRTM, and I always come back to this. I’ve used it to run casual game night kit tournaments, numerous Store Championships, a Plugged-In Tour event, and two Regionals now, and I wouldn’t think of using anything else.

1 Like

I am going to use challonge.com, because it does most everything automatically and I am familiar with it.

The only issue is that it doesn’t use exactly the same tiebreaker, it uses opponents prestige with the best and worst opponent eliminated, which is actually much more forgiving to people who have an opponent who dropped.

1 Like

Here’s an updated list of everyone who has entered:

Aaron celovsky
Adriaan Zwiebel
Ahmed Abbasi
Alex Carder
Alex Forndran
Alexander White
Allen Haas
Andrew Hynes
Anton Lapygin
Arto Heinonen
Artturi Piipponen
Ben Blum
Ben Mason
Ben Wicks
Brandon Hodgins
Brandon Rice
Chris Demetriou
Chris MacLeod
Christian Vestergaard
Christophe Vallet
Christopher Briley
Chuck Spiekerman
Corwin Brindley
David Kempe
David Lipowski
Dylan Green
Dylan Meredith
Elliott Hedman
Falko Sieverding
Foil Flaws
Frederic Arnold
G Man
Ghislain Dancause
Gil Joson
Gregor Terrill
Grzegorz Pijas
Guillem Piñero Estivill
Ivan Macias
Jacob Tighe
Jakub Pozarski
James Pfeiffer
Jean-Baptiste Laroche
Jerry Stormo
Jesse Vandover
Jimmy Risk
Joe Schupp
Joel Haslam
Johann Pschill
John Flannery
John Meindersee
Jon Dalesandry
Jonas Wilson
Jordan Peters
Jose Gonzalez
Joshua Imobersteg
Julian Stüven
Justin Gordon
Justin Poliquin
Keith Gaudry
Kevin Hynes
Krzysztof Grodecki
Kyle James
Liang Zhong
Lucas Cook
Lucas Muxi Li
Maël Brunet
Marc Valles
Marek Narkiewicz
Markus Kernic
martin! falder
Mateusz Radecki
Matt McKinley
Max Gillett
Minh Tran
Natalie Edwards
Nick Kyle
Niles Stanley
Noah McKee
Oscar Wadin
Patrik Kampmann
Peter Kopac
Piotr Romanowski
Quinn Wongkew
Rachel Hodgins
Raj G
Reid Delfeld
Rob Blackler
Rob Waltman
Rob wiley
Robert Thompson
Ross Freitag
Rufus Mathews
Sam Suied
Scott Piffard
Sean Terry
Seth Stewart
Shane Ruman
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Stefan Zappe
Stjepan Pavuna
Tang Yao (David) Cheng
Tim Vaduva
Timmy Wong
Toby Forman
Tom Smith
Tomasz Fedorczyk
Ty Volpo
Ve Herrmann
Walker Smith
Will Morell
Yoshi/Peter Hernandez
Zach Eaton

@GMan please PM me your actual name

More players in this invitational than most nationals during 2014 :o

5 Likes

Well, there is the advantage of being online. I think a lot of the players who play a lot on OCTGN and post here have won a store champ, as there were a lot of them. I didn’t want this tournament to be SUPER exclusive or anything, but I wanted there to be a high enough level of competition that would drive the best players to play in it and set it apart from the mediocre, take-forever OCTGN tournaments that have been run on BGG in the past.

If you want to play in a super exclusive tournament, we will probably be doing one for regionals winners as well :smile:

3 Likes

Woohoo, top of the list! Probably the only time.

This would be great.

@mediohxcore Could you please confirm which sets are legal for the invitational? I suspect that you’d like to have The Valley be legal, but given that we have no confirmation for when it’ll be rezzed (and relatively bug-free), it’d help if you could make a clear statement about which sets are legal so players know what to practice.

2 Likes

It will almost certainly be legal for the invitational, though I am not sure about the LCQ. I can’t make it any more clear than that; it just depends how fast it gets rezzed.

Just signed up!

Using Valley will be weird if its out - it probably won’t even be in the UK in physical form on that date, based on past experience :wink:

Looking forward to it!

Is it out in the states yet? if not we almost certainly won’t have it by then, 2 weeks has been about the best turnaround for packs getting here. I’m tempted to sign up (if only so there’s a Valencia in the mix) but it could run absurdly late… No work on monday Gaz?