ANRPC Code of Conduct

Originally published at: ANRPC Code of Conduct - StimHack

Discuss the latest article here.

4 Likes

Looks like nearly the same as was on the ANRPC website before it disappeared.

Highly controversial changes Iā€™ve found:

• The spelling of ā€œbehaviourā€ was fixed.
  • A few bits were slightly rearranged.
  • Objectifying images are specifically called out as inappropriate.
  • The paragraph about other peopleā€™s property was added. Needs an apostrophe.
  • More bold, less italics, list no longer marked up as a list.
  • The sign-off at the bottom was added.

(I spend too much time trying to figure out what changed when in things at work, clearly.)

Itā€™s good to see this on a non-disappeared website for reference. All of the changes seem very sensible. Dare I hope this heralds a possible return of ANRPC events in some form? Or is this just saving a bit of useful ANRPC content?

This was entirely just to rescue a linkable version from the old ANRPC site. Any changes are unofficial at this stage and likely to do with me cobbling it together from archive.org and the BABW version.

I left the Discourse autoposting on in case there was anything to clear up or clarify, but Iā€™ll work to get this to a definitive version for linking in events, etc.

1 Like

That makes sense! I was only looking at the archive.org version, which is why I thought there were changes. It really is good to see this preserved.

Iā€™m serious about the apostrophe, though.

1 Like

Thanx. We let the site go, and didnā€™t have a copy of it. I thought Dan wrote it, as I couldnā€™t find a copy in my archived stuff.

Re: ANRPC events
Larger events that want to use the name, buy prizes from me for said events, etc. are great. Playerbase forsnt exist for smaller circuits outside of the UK. I believe Laurie subsumed the BABW and it now runs on its own, without any ANRPC affiliation.

lol - 'the spelling of ā€œbehaviourā€ was fixed :slight_smile: - meaning ā€œchanged to the American spellingā€.

3 Likes

It had actually been changed to the British/Canadian spelling, but now itā€™s been unfixed.

I think maybe the apostrophe should be after the s, as there are multiple others? Sorry about being so picky.

(If weā€™re being picky, the last behaviour has a u, and the other three dounā€™t)

1 Like

Oh, maybe I was just looking at different behaviours!

I guess that probably 75% of people who played in ANRPC events lived in the US, so it probably has a good mix of behaviour spellings for the intended audience!

4 Likes

Personally, I have always enjoyed the extra ā€œuā€ that the Brits throw in. English already has a ridiculous amount of silent/dumb usages of letters, so why not throw more in?

1 Like

No offense to the Netrunner community, but I canā€™t imagine anyone at a Netrunner event ever making any sort of sexual advances. Itā€™s a pretty comic image.

1 Like

Arguably true, but itā€™s nice to have it spelled out in plain text somewhere that we can point to and say ā€˜See? Not allowed. Cut it out.ā€™ if it ever actually occurs.

It also lets recipients know that it isnā€™t allowed and that they can and should bring it up if it occurs.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get what the use of this is.

Paraphrasing: ā€œIf someone says someone else did something unspecified they may be ejected or not.ā€

Well, thank goodness thatā€™s cleared up.

Wow I suppose now that youā€™ve reduced it to an absurd simplification it does look a bit silly.

Better pack it up I guess.

2 Likes