Breaker Bay Set Review

I think a few too many podcasts and set reviews are writing off Research Grant without mentioning the high synergy cards that we know are coming soon.

Also lets just go ahead and say every ice is weak to stealth breakers. I’d say a 2 cost ice that requires 2 stealth credits is solid.

3 Likes

We only know about one, and it still takes a lot of effort and specific situation to even turn it into blank a 3/2. The “combo” is also hosed by Clot.

1 Like

I really want this to be good

1 Like

With all those new location specific ices, wouldn t it be good to add esher in shaper decks ? Rp is playing crick for sure, maybe even turing, and Gutenberg is nbn new favorite toy.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s worth slotting in just for those ice. That being said, I will run that card in every single Shaper stealth deck ever. It goes a long way towards unstacking those sentries and code gates that the corp has meticulously placed.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have 2xTuring in my NEXT Rush deck. I don’t have a ton of games with it yet, but it won me the game against a Qimpossible variant.

I think if it was cost 3 instead of 4, I’d be including 3 of in many of my HB decks.

4 Likes

Totally fair, I now only include 3 if I think ai is a problem. Still like 2 of as an extra tough code gate to protect eve

9 credits of investment in order to get a drip of 2/turn seems kinda excessive though, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Spot on. I tried this and concluded something like a pop-up is much better for this purpose. I still like the 1-off for the scoring remote, although deck space is tight at the moment.

In defense, it does cost a lot of runners at least 9 (except D4vid, CyCy and Atman4+DS) to break Turing and trash Eve. And the remote can continue to be used for taxing the trashing of other assets such as DBS/Jackson etc… This is actually my favorite use of Turing. I run 3, one for the scoring remote and 1-2 for asset protection. If they are running D4vid/Eater, I use them for parasite bait on the centrals instead.

But that being said, I agree with you and it’s the primary reason I don’t run Eve.

As for pop-up, it is definitely better for that scenario if you can spare the influence. I’m just not willing to give up my Tollbooths for them.

Depends on the match up, I like my games to go long. 9 is excessive, but eve pays for a lot of things, and early if the runner doesn’t have 3 clicks to throw away on a face down card, or the 5 credits to trash it, it’s better.

Also, if you’re using d4v1d to trash an eve campaign, you’re doing it wrong :smiley:

I think the use of Turing is best with bioroids or a devious shell game. The 3 inf is the petticoat thing about Turing in my opinion, but you’re not exactly wrong in your statement. Netrunner can be tricky

Eve campaign is is a Sundew. Anything you’d do to trash a sundew is appropriate to do to trash an Eve. Sounds pretty valid to me.

1 Like

Not quite…Sundew has the advantage of becoming more or less credit-neutral immediately upon rez, but once they’re going, they are pretty similar.

On another note, what have people’s impressions of Breaker Bay Grid been? I’ve personally found it to crazy good so far, maybe even one of the best corp cards in the set, and only set to become better as more assets inevitably are printed with 4+ rez costs.

It’s really good with off the grid I feel.

Also, eve is 5 credits, and d4v1d wants all its counters to save you from the worst situations, archer, janus, so on, if you’re not imping it away, the 5 credits you lose with eve can be the difference between a scoring window or not. I hate trashing eves.

I’ve been using breaker bay grid with Turing protection then using that server for eves and Adonis. I like it! makes the HB asset economy much better. I do don’t always get the discount with Adonis though, as I prefer to put them in scoring remote for extra protection. If I draw a second copy of BBG I’ll chuck it in my scoring remote it then helps with Adonis and ash.

I currently have 2 breaker bay grid, 3 Adonis and 3 eve. Also 3 brain taping warehouse. Costs a lot of credits to keep trashing all that…

I’ve played various different HB lists for awhile now but this is one I find quite fun! Always liked bioroids. Not looking forward to net ready eyes though, yog will destroy viktor again sob sob…

I only play with a group of 4 friends though so hardly a very competitive scene.

BBG seems nuts. Eve is really good, no doubt about it. She needs to go if at all possible if you’re running against her. The Rez cost is irrelevant once the card is rezzed. Though obviously it has a direct impact on the game state. If the only way to trash eve is with D4v1d, that’s what you put him there for. You can get more if you need them later.

1 Like

I think the game is pulling away from recursion dominance with cards like blacklist and shattered remains, and it’s simply easier to let the Corp get rich, and pursue other servers than to waste a d4v1d counter on an eve. I don’t see a problem with it, but it’s not optimal I don’t think, I’d love for the runner to do this, but I play with big multi sub sentries often. It’s not set in stone, but that’s what eve is for, making ruining the corps economy harder.
Breaker bay makes it even harder to justify. Love that card. Are we sure you can’t rez regions with breaker bay? I thought the card text only applied when it’s rezzed and active, I used to play midway station grid with sansan, trashing sansan if it was rezzed when I rezzed the midway, and vice versa.

The “limit one region per server” is a rules limitation; the text on the card is just a reminder—or so goes the ruling :).

2 Likes

Feeeeeehhhhhhh. I do not like that ruling, but thematically it makes sense. But still, that’s the way midway is useful. Please support these cards more FFG.

Yeah, I used to play ChiLo on top of SanSan to protect it in my tracers MN deck until someone pointed out that it counts even when unrezzed. That was the final nail in that ChiLo shaped coffin for me.