Competitive Kit Discussion

I feel like DaVinci is really a Hayley card, and pretty good in one of her decks. Being able to install pretty much anything off it opens the door for serious shenanigags. Not convinced by it in Kate, it’s anti synergy with her ability?

1 Like

I think it’s strongest in Hayley, probably, because of the nature of her ability. I’d still think it’d be better in Kit than in Kate because Kit does get runs pretty early in my experience, and I find that by the time the Corp is on to the second piece of ice she’s often sitting with the breakers she wants in hand. The value might not be quite as good as Modded, but the flexibility might make up for it. You can’t mod in a Daily Casts. I don’t know that you’d particularly want to devote slots to both Modded and Career Fair – to say nothing of the influence – but you can put in 2x DaVinci and live with the potential for lower value? I dunno. I’d pay 1c to be able to install a Daily Casts on the Corp’s turn and start getting credits immediately.

Has anyone tried DDoS in Kit? If you have DDoS out, the corp can’t double ice to keep you out. Seems like a good match, except for the influence cost.

{sad trombone noise}

DDoS is a bit of a waste if you’re only using it on one server (since the Kit trick won’t work more than once). and since it’d be most important to have early, which means you’d want three, so that means no parasites or vamp or or or…

yeah.

Took the following list to a small GNK and managed to go 3-1, winning against two NEH FA and The Foundry decks and losing in a long grindy match against IG. All in all, I was happy with the deck’s performance and even manged to come back from being down 0-6 against NEH.

I would change a few things though, based on this experience. The knifed was a last minute addition to the deck (Thanks for the tips @higgs_bozo) replacing a parasite, and I was really happy with its performance. So happy that I think I’m going to go up to 2 copies and drop the lucky finds to free up influence. As for why knifed over spooned, I explained to my opponent that I never wanted to trash his code gates. Refractor is Kit’s best icebreaker and I want to use it as much as possible. It’s seriously my favorite icebreaker in the game and when I won, it was when I could break any ice they put out and do it cheaply.

One thing that I wasn’t happy with though was my lack of HQ pressure. One of my opponents recognized this and never iced HQ at all and there wasn’t much I could do to punish him. Utopia Shard was used as a poor man’s legwork most of the time rather than anything else.

Stealth Kit

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (12)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Knifed (Order and Chaos) •••
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (9)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (12)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Dagger (Creation and Control)
3x Refractor (First Contact)

Program (6)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control)
1x Clot (The Valley) ••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
10 influence spent (max 10)

Is Lucky Find considered standard in Kit these days? If so, what’s the thinking there? I don’t play Kit at all, but it seems to me that your precious influence should be spent on tricks rather than money.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it’s standard. My reasoning to include it was that I felt the deck needed more money and event economy worked well with the drawing power I already had. I had a fear of being poor and being forced to click for money which is a big tempo loss.

I think the Lucky Finds were unnecessary and I will be dropping them for another knifed and a stimhack. They did help in my practice games when I spent all my money trashing assets and then was able to recover quickly but they weren’t high impact in the games I played at this GNK.

What if you dropped 2 lucky finds for a stimhack and an imp? That set up can pretty easily match the credit-gain from lucky finds while having other utility. A second Kati would also be nice in your list. Maybe go down to 2 Refractors? Again, I don’t play Kit, just spitballing here.

1 Like

If you spent all your money trashing assets, as Kit tends to do… Scrubber is a good answer. Especially for Stealth Kit, since you generally want only one run a turn, your Scrubber is good enough. Less influence, more impact for Asset Trashing.

Imp is also a good answer. It costs a lot of influence, and has HUGE impact, allowing you to threaten HQ and Asset Remotes with one card. Like Scrubber, the once/turn usage is a good thing for Kit. The downsides are a limited number of uses, and the ability of the Corp to burn a turn to remove your counters. (Which might be the intent anyway…)

I like the Knifed. :smile:

I’ve been using Paricia. It does suck every time you come across and upgrade that you need to trash, but it has two advantages, I can tutor for it if I see I’m against an asset spam deck (and it pays for itself) and it costs no influence, which is also great.

1 Like

I think I’ll be playing something similar to this in the future and see how it feels. I wonder if it’s time to get off of Pro co and do symmetrical in kit. I feel like I draw a lot to find stealth pieces. I like getting paid for it since I’ll be doing it anyways. Also makes for good compression with pieces like personal workshop or modded.

Event (11)

Hardware (9)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (6)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)

I still can’t help but think 1 knifed is just crazy in Kit, let alone 2. You’re using 6 influence! There just seem to be so many more uses of it… Legwork, Imp, Parasite, Vamp. Surely they can’t cover that much of her weakness to be worth giving up power cards like those?

Seamus and myself until recently were running corroder which was 2 inf to be quicker against NEH and tutor off smc since dog was expensive. Recently I changed to lady. I think this is more than enough to deal with eli / wos / wraparound. No one is running any other breakers, sans resistor which isn’t legal yet. I see no reason to spend the influence on knifed unless you’re on corroder, which means you’re using most of your influence anyways.

I think the following cards (not including breakers) are ideal for kit right now influence-wise:

Vamp (only with mopus)
Legwork
Crescentus
Scrubber
Parasite
Imp
Utopia Shard
Clot
Lucky Find
Stimhack (Mopus variant, Personal Workshop)

I know there is no way Seamus would want to lose the Legworks. They just win games! In faction gives you plenty of RnD pressure.

The only card that Kit needs to spend influence on is Clot, everything thing else is a luxury. You have what you need in faction and with so many slots taken up by the stealth package, it can be hard to find the space to add tech cards. Deckslots and not influence is the limiting factor from what I’ve found.

I’m not even 100% sure I’d run imp, parasite, vamp if they were in faction. I’d certainly run 2 copies of legwork at 0 influence but the rest need support that I’d have to devote more deckslots to. I know from painful experience that parasite is pretty lame without datasucker for instance. I’m going to try Paricia instead of Scrubber/Imp in my next iteration and see how that does.

Legwork is meta-dependent. It’s good against NEH (which floods itself with the ID ability) and alright against RP (which takes forever to build a scoring remote), but it’s pretty bad against HB, which gets to the “draw agenda, slam agenda in remote” stage of the game by like turn 4 or 5 sometimes. In that matchup, you’re much better off slotting a couple Stimhack to let you keep checking the remote.

Personally, I think the HB matchup is bad enough and the NEH matchup good enough that you should just adjust your play and run HQ more against NEH and spend your influence on things that are good against HB.

If you do, go -1 Lady, +1 Inti.

That’s the problem with Stealth Kit in my experience. Too poor to vamp, too many resources and not enough influence to Siphon, no influence or MU for Lamprey, not enough denial to make Shutdown stick. You can get points out of HQ (with Legwork or without), but eventually there’s a big remote and a tower on R&D, and Ash and Caprice everywhere. I’ve had more luck with cards like Stimhack and Drive-By enabling remote snipes than with any “HQ pressure” cards.

Add MU to that sentence, and you got me. I don’t have the MU (or the deckslots for the MU) to run more than maybe 1 utility program, so I’ve just been blowing it all on events since all the big-ticket influence resources suck.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that Baby > Contacts in Kit. You’re paying an additional 3 in an already poor runner for the option to use the proco ability more than once a turn. Next time you play, keep a mental record of how often you do that. I found that I didn’t want to use it more than once a turn anyway so I didn’t miss the additional flexibility.

1 Like

I think you go ProCo or you go Kati, but not both. If you have Kati, I think Baby is better, but I think you could also do pretty well by playing ProCo, a couple Lucky Find, and Levy to let you ProCo through the deck again in lieu of using Kati for the long game. Of the two packages, I lean towards Baby / Kati.

2 Likes

I like to use Imp for ‘HQ Pressure’ because it doubles as Econ for asset trashing, and does a really poor R&D Interface impression as well. Also just randomly makes HB mad when I kill a Biotic Labor from hand…

I’m down on Imp because of omni-present CVS, MU, and recursion costs (any limited-use program you plan to recur is so much better out of Kate).

That said, I played it alongside Legwork and liked it like a year ago.