CT String Theory/Doubles/Oracle May (It works)

I think I’m going to like Game Day in this deck probably instead of Quality Time (and maybe one Eureka). I’m not a huge fan of Quality Time in Shaper anyway. So getting a slightly worse Diesel that also counts as a double is very nice. But, it would require some set-up so your grip will only be 1 or 2 cards (including Game Day), so that will require some testing to see how it works. And it will reduce my influence for out of faction doubles (I use a Planned Assault instead of a 2nd Legwork to have more doubles and a tutor for Indexing/Maker’s Eye, but it hasn’t been great.)

I think Comet is going to be nice, the failure rate will only increase a few percent by having one additional non-event and the upside is so huge since almost every turn you’ll want to play more than one event.

1 Like

If you are going to run Comet in this deck you’ll probably have to run (at least) two of them. This will increase the likelihood of a fail, but if you are going to run one of them then you need to run enough to make sure you install. Once you install, Comet will pay for itself and any future fails you might have.

1 Like

I feel like a single Deja sort of covers the Comet wiff, but worse than Retrieval for program installs.

4 Likes

Interesting, I was planning on running just one Comet. I’ll have to test if one or more is correct. I suspect it’s a balancing act between more Oracle failures and the boost from extra events.

I’ve been playing mostly against glacier/tax decks lately and the first LARLA is about halftime, so it’ll still be useful if Comet comes out around the first quarter of the game. That’s assuming it doesn’t get trashed by May. I’ll have to keep track what percentage of draws are from May and which are natural/event draws. I suspect 40% May draws. @warpchy suggestion may be the right call if Comet is super valuable to mitigate it getting trashed.

1 Like

It’s worth noting that Game Day could work in this deck if (and only if?) you are able to get comet on the board. This will allow you to play one more event each turn, which should get your handsize nice and low.

All of this is just bullshit until we actually get these cards (wtf?), but we can all agree that Comet, in the right deck) is OP. Netrunner is all about click advantage and nothing says Click Advantage more than… an extra click.

Right, back to the current meta, because it’s not fun to dream about a card that won’t be around for a couple of months:

So, how nice is that Code Siphon (in a few weeks) for this deck…

3 Likes

Should be next week, actually, at least here in the US.

Definitely excited for Code Siphon

2 Likes

Code Siphon will definitely help with some of the setup time that this deck can have. It’ll also have the benefit of making the deck a little less vulnerable to program trashing now that the pressure is off the Test Runs as the only tutor.

1 Like

I’m set up to relaunch this deck after the next pack drops, but I’m only running 1 code siphon as of right now. I figure there needs to be 1. Only 1 ICE on R&D and 2. A femme in play targeting that ICE in order for code siphon to work. I’m not seeing it working reliably enough to be the “savior” that we’re all excited for.

I’m also prepared to be wrong.

1 Like

I agree. It’s ok against certain decks where you can expect a porous ICE on R&D and it’s pretty at getting the second breaker, but it’s expensive (effectively two clicks with a cost of two plus the cost of making the run) and unreliable as a first tutor (which is when you really need it).

Until Comet comes out I don’t really see anything coming out that looks like going to boost this deck, which is a massive shame because it constantly surprises people with how good it is. It’s possible that Beach Party and Game Day might enable a slightly different build as well.

Why after the next pack? What’s coming that you are excited to add?

If only they print an event that temporarily increases your hand size! Would be combo-tastic with game day, and would keep this deck to only running 6 non event cards. Seems pretty unlikely, but that could happen.

Does anyone find this deck to be rather boring to play? It’s effective, but I would vote this for the biggest auto-pilot runner deck there is. All brute strength, no finesse.

On the contrary I find this deck to be amazingly good fun, and much less autopilotable than, say, standard Andy. There are plenty of decisions that need making - can I afford to Test Run now without Scavenge/Eureka, or should I dig for one of those first? To ditch this Power Nap or not to ditch it? How long should I spend trying to squeeze value out of my last few cards before I LARLA?

I know I’ve lost games my messing up these decisions, so they must be pretty significant.

1 Like

Quite the opposite. I think it has the tools to beat most things out there with it, but you have to play near flawlessly to pull out the win. There aren’t that many choices but they are really big ones - go for fast mutllti-access off femme or breakers, when to Levy etc.

What is boring is the Blue Sun match-up where - once the early game is done - you both end up piling huge amounts off cash and eventually either you wiff with the legwork and die or score out.

Personally I’m holding out for a +2 hand size current. That plus Game Day would be pretty sweet. I’m intrigued by @DJhedgehog remark relaunching it after The Source. Personally I’m not seeing it at the moment.

3 Likes

More a meta choice and wanting to see what code siphon does. For some reason, there is not a lot of Blue Sun (which I really don’t get). I don’t think it’s more viable I just miss playing it.

anxiously awaiting said relaunch!

1 Like

This is my current version. Lady is still an experiment. I love the efficency (paying two to Battering Ram to break every piddling little one sub-routine barrier was getting on my wick) and that her presence gives the Scavenges and the Test Runs a use even after your rig is up and running and Femme is well targeted. I miss Tinkering a lot and I keep playing with the idea of switching a Dirty Laundary or two for Infiltration to better target my runs against Glacier. I don’t see a slot for Code Siphon at the moment to be honest - paying full for Torch or Femme (ok full -3, +2 and a click) doesn’t appeal.

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (34)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Retrieval Run (Future Proof) ••
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
2x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Eureka! (Second Thoughts)
3x Power Nap (Double Time)
3x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••• •
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit) ••••

Resource (2)
2x Oracle May (Honor and Profit) ••

Icebreaker (4)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set) •
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to All That Remains

My list is similar to yours but:
-3 Dirty Laundry
-1 Levy AR
-1 Lady

+2 Indexing
+1 Infiltration
+1 Overmind
+1 Tinkering

I just don’t think Dirty Laundry has enough impact - it doesn’t stack with anything in the deck (no suckers, John, Desperado, etc) and I generally seem to have enough money without it.

I do like Tinkering but I’m considering switching it for one Code Siphon now that I’m playing Overmind and Lady which are cheaper targets for it.

Did we ever consider Escher?