Data Leak Reversal Cheese

I bet this is just misinformation! DLR onslaught.

2 Likes

Expect a lot of Kate. Andy is surprisingly good atm as well.

I expect some DLR.

1 Like

I think these decks require a lot of skill to play. Of course, spending a click to mill a card isn’t hard, but getting to the point where you can do that before the opponent has set up fully is not easy. You have to balance setting up with stopping your opponent rushing you out (if you focus on the first you’ll win very few games, the Corp can just score out). This is of course not including decisions like running centrals/remotes/what to trash/whatever, on top of the big decision of when to go tag me and start DLRing.

I know a lot of people hate this deck for whatever reason, but they are definitely not easy to pilot perfectly.

7 Likes

I’ve been waffling between this and Kate. I’m not the best Kate by a longshot but it seems like an overall stronger deck.

Yeah, you probably shouldn’t play the DLR deck. I overheard all the kids at the playground talking today, they said they’re all packing All-Seeing I’s and Archived Memories and shit. Heard it’s everywhere.

3 Likes

I kinda hope someone with DLR deck wins the Worlds and everyone else just beat the shit out of that bastard.

7 Likes

It’s hard for DLR to whirrrrrrr it’s way past Fastrobiotics, though, so… I’d guess we transfer that rage to NEH :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sauce + autumn man?

1 Like

Played against a Blue Sun deck last night that actually seemed like a pretty bad matchup. I definitely could have played better, tbh the DLR nonsense seems to steamroll every other slower deck (read: non-NBN) I’ve played against and so I just wasn’t paying enough attention.

So yep. Blue Sun, multiple Housekeeping (!) and SEA/Scorch. With only 1 D4v1d in MegaMaid, answering the Oversight+Curtain combo was difficult and then they actually have the $ to burn down DLRs through Net Pavilion.

I suspect the absolute best plan against that deck is to have the endless sea of Kate players beat them so you don’t have to play them. Failing that for some reason, just draw like a madman and don’t tag yourself till it costs the corp a really mammoth amount to trash your nonsense. I think 3x IHW as well as Paparazzi is needed in MegaMaid anyway as your meat damage package due to Convenience Shop, so theoretically the Scorch threat is not that bad.

Jonas is one of the greatest deck builders. This deck is amazing, and it’s really an amazing feat of craftsmanship. Well done to @thebigunit3000 for creating a remarkable innovation and to Brandon for crushing it today at worlds. Incredible results on both parts. This deck’s name is Mega Maid. All naming rights to Jonas.

6 Likes

My vote for the name is Val Doesn’t Like Running.

1 Like

It’s Val doesn’t love running. Catchier and less obscure. Anything besides fbsk.

Once 3 shitty names for a deck are made up, you just call it DLR Val. Sorry boys you missed the naming boat.

12 Likes

Never too late to acknowledge one’s roots. Don’t forget where you came from when you make it big.

Dan does nothing?

Just call it pavilion shop

7 Likes

From now on, everything is (x)shop, unless it actually runs Pawnshop or Workshop. Then it’s called “Good Stuff (x)”.

15 Likes

I think the deck runs a little better (safer?) with @Chill84’s 3x IHW and 1x Inject for Event draw instead of just 3x Inject. I suffered a lot of loses because I couldn’t find a Paparazzi before my house got torched.

I also like David at 2x. It takes care of a rezzed Turing on remote, and a lot of big pain in the ass ICE that Faust doesn’t like breaking (Wraparound). It is much better than Corroder include, I think. Also can get you into HQ for Siphon after you’ve forced rez to break them.

I like dickpunch.dec. Mostly because that’s what your opponent wants to do to you when they play against it.