Data Leak Reversal Cheese

The free bad pub gives you innate All Seeing I protection, and the ability to blackmail remotes can stop the corp from rushing, which appears to be one of the bigger flaws with the deck.

I just started running the deck and I’m planning on adding a single Activist Support once D&D becomes more widespread, just so I can get the bad pub back if the corp tries to get saucy with me.

Additionally, the bad pub plus scrubbers makes it very easy to keep up with asset spam corps.
Mid-run discounts when peddling are nice too.

1 Like

Blackmail also lets you install DLR easily without having to break through ice (bonus points for getting Hades for free on the same run).

1 Like

In addition, Anarchs have a few very helpful cards in their factions that support DLR that others might not be able to import. Joshua B., Scrubber, Inject, Street Peddler, Off-Campus Apartment, and Faust are all really nice and fit into the deck almost perfectly. Other factions will most likely result in a different angle of attack beside the DLR.

Activist Support is also nice for giving out bad pub if you’re not Val

Heres my changes to @thebigunit3000s deck that I play right now.

Megamaid v2

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (10)
2x Account Siphon ••••• •••
3x Blackmail
3x I’ve Had Worse
1x Inject
1x Queen’s Gambit

Hardware (1)
1x Turntable

Resource (35)
1x Armitage Codebusting
3x Daily Casts
3x Data Leak Reversal
3x Drug Dealer •••
3x Fall Guy •••
1x Hades Shard •
1x John Masanori
3x Joshua B.
3x Off-Campus Apartment
2x Paparazzi
3x Same Old Thing
3x Scrubber
3x Street Peddler
3x Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder
3x Faust

Honestly, I hate this deck and only play it because I have nothing else sleeved, but it wins games so thats cool.

6 Likes

Also, it’s got a great name.

2 Likes

This is what I’m using right now, still working on the kinks. I went with Wyldside/Pancakes because I don’t know how I feel about Drug Dealer, and I don’t trust Peddler with this many events in the deck. I put in Keyhole as a plan B, although I’m probably going to remove it because I’ve never had to use it. I might also remove the regular breakers, they are mostly there as backup in case of Executive Boot Camp, Beta Test, etc. rezzing something Faust can’t easily break.

Straight Childish

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (17)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]••••• •••[/color]
3x Blackmail (Fear and Loathing)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
3x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow) [color=#32CD32]•[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Vamp (Trace Amount)
1x Wanton Destruction (Order and Chaos)

Resource (27)
1x Activist Support (True Colors)
3x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Data Leak Reversal (Future Proof)
3x Fall Guy (Double Time) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) [color=#708090]•[/color]
2x Joshua B. (Cyber Exodus)
3x Paparazzi (Old Hollywood)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Wireless Net Pavilion (The Universe of Tomorrow)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
2x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (1)
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Is Dealer better than Wyldside / Chrono?

Dealer means you are basically playing the game at 0 until you siphon them. Seems like you can get the same effect in-faction (no influence) and you don’t have to pray your daily casts timing works out with the cards you draw.

FWIW I won a local GNK with a Dealer version and am now trying to make the Wyldside version work, and for some reason it is just… slow?

I like dealer better. It gives you some extra protection against kill decks and let’s you draw a card when hosting it on OCA. Oh, it actually works directly. Chronotype will only work once you have Wyldside, too

1 Like

Sure, but comparing dealer to chrono is unfair.
The swap would be 3 dealers for 3 Wyldside, meaning that if ever you have a game with a dealer in play, you’d actually have a Wyldside. Chronotype would be whatever card you’re swapping out to fit chrono in that ISN’T dealer.

If you have 2 dealers in play, then you could say you have a wyldside and a chrono.

Drawing cards from OCA is definitely legit, but I don’t think it is too much of a loss when compared to Wyld, in that you have a ton of other connections to play on it anyways.

As for protection against kill decks, I definitely feel that as well, but there’s also the disadvantage of offering bigger Sweeps Weeks to NBN decks (which are arguably the worst matchup with their ability to score from hand and spam wraparounds). I’d rather handle kill decks with IHW since I can use that card as additional card draw in other matchups.

Overall, I think the wyldside build should be better. The additional cost of Wyldside isn’t too high , and when compared to losing a credit per turn (and the clicks “lost”, even when you time your Daily Casts correctly, spent clicking for a credit [to play faust for example]) it seems the two are actually pretty equivalent.

OMG megamaid.

SUCK SUCK SUCK.

3 Likes

She’s gone from suck to blow!

4 Likes

The existence of this deck is just one more reason why RUSH RUSH RUSH is basically the only competitive archetype available for corps right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The RP meta was just a fluke, rush deck has always been the best way to play corp. You don’t put pressure on the runner if you don’t score.

5 Likes

Damn you and your absolute correctness. I played a bunch of different decks today, and hb team sponsorship rush killed it everytime

1 Like

Good thing I’m an inveterate since-core-set NBN lover, then :slight_smile:

I just discovered this thread after finding FF0X’s decklist in the tournament winning decklist. I independently created a DLR deck and it focuses way more on getting the 4-card combo up and running (Joshua B., Fall Guy, DLR, and Wireless Net Pavilion). I can consistently get the combo online by turn 3 if you mulligan properly.

v2I Can Seal Your Doom in 8 Runs or Less (50 cards)

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (21)
3 Blackmail
3 Deja Vu
1 Express Delivery
3 Hostage
3 Inject
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Lucky Find
3 Sure Gamble

Resource (26)
3 Daily Casts
3 Data Leak Reversal
3 Duggar’s
3 Fall Guy
1 Hades Shard
3 Joshua B.
2 Paparazzi
2 Same Old Thing
3 Street Peddler
3 Wireless Net Pavilion

Icebreaker (3)
3 Faust

The basics are to draw, draw, draw, and draw some more until you get the 4-piece combo. Use blackmail to threaten remotes that aren’t fast advanced from. Bonus play that I think sets my deck apart from the rest: Use Josh B. for 5 clicks. Use Duggars for 10 cards, Use Faust to run with impunity after all of the blackmails are used up or if the Corp is rezzing using Executive Boot Camp.

All insights welcome.

2 Likes

Heh, I made myself play HB (my least favorite faction) for 6 months after repping NBN for the 2013 competition season :)—HBCI was equally fun, I must say :).

I still remember you playing out your 20 card hand during the Louisville elims and suggesting that your opponent play Memory!

Good times.

1 Like

Devilish, Faust and blackmail, the constant annoying threat. I hate/hate/love it