Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Yeah, I agree with both sentences here. I do think the thematic angle might be more of a reason than balance that you don’t see much tag-less meat damage though - it doesn’t make too much sense that the corp can attack the runner in meatspace without knowing who they are.

Even Punitive Counterstrike is hard to explain away: can the corp find out who the runner is when they steal an agenda, but they give that info to a hitman without bothering to keep a copy for themselves? Or do they just send someone to shoot every single runner in the city? It all goes a bit odd however you try to rationalise it.

I suppose thematically that’s why Punitive involves a trace.

Vulcan Coverup and Contract Killer work thematically to me and don’t involve tags or traces so I don’t think coming up with something world-consistent is beyond the design team whose many achievements include fantastic melding of theme and mechanics.

2 Likes

I get the feeling that we’re going to see a lot of games end with 24/7 + double-boom power shutdown/accelerated diagnostics kills when Boom comes out.

2x boom, 1x power shutdown, and 1x accelerated diagnostics (9 influence total) leaves you 6-8 influence, plenty to make this combo more likely to go off with MCH and Consulting Visit.

Sometimes I wish DRTs were harder to trash. They seem… strangely easy to trash for what they are supposed to be.

1 Like

It already is a rule in the core rulebook:

Note: Some cards do not have any influence value (this is different than a card that has an influence value of zero). These cards are identified by their lack of an influence box. A card without an influence value cannot be used with an identity card that has a different faction affiliation.

2 Likes

Anyway, the reason I came into this thread was because I played a Weyland yesterday who had the perfect storm of Money turns early, Product Line for Scorches, then Oaktown advance spam.

I was running a Magnum deck so I spent a lot of time drawing for Film Critic and getting money, thinking “if the HQ is 3 scorch and a consulting visit, then I can just wait for the corp to have to make some hard choices.” Meanwhile, the corp is on 50 credits and has scored naked Atlases that I knew I couldn’t run the risk of stealing.

It felt like one of those Weyland games that Weyland players dream of where the runner cannot act for fear of death, but I know the second I sleeve up Core Weyland and fill it with 3x Bean 3x Hedge etc, my hand will be Oaktown, 2x GFI and 2x Quandary.

It got me thinking about Magnum as an econ option and how even with unlimited money with no need to draw, I couldn’t keep pace. Kati can’t keep that kind of pace, but does let you draw as well.

Anyway, tl;dr - salty loss by a noob.

1 Like

This thread is full of Brits. I’m scared. I’m packing my plascrete for Reading.

4 Likes

So, how about that Prisec?

I’ve had Sabotage running in my head all morning after seeing it.

3 if possible in combination with Snare in Weyland Builder of Nations Advanceable ICE deck + DRT and Scored Cleaners.

1 Like

Something I’ve been debating is if running a Localized Product Line or Reclamation Order is worth looking into. There’s been so much I’ve Had Worse or Sports Hopper running around that sometimes two nukes isn’t enough when the opportunity arises and you havn’t gotten access to a third. But if I’m able to recycle the nukes (who said they weren’t green? …pun unintentional…) back into my hand and hit them again while they’re still floating tags from a HHN, or if a Judge is rezzed and still able to spit out tags, it might be enough

1 Like

I feel like product line could be. Reclaimation is not likely since you can’t grab everything and kill in the same turn.

Off topic, but seeing someone play localized production line at the Toronto regionals to grab 3 exchange of informations was pretty hilarious–that card may be underexplored in general.

2 Likes

Although, I guess there is the option of Subcontract if Sports Hopper continues to be a thing as well, since they won’t have the timing option to pop the Hoppers to refill their hands after the first nuke lands.

Hrm. Pondering.

2 Likes

Conceptually I really like builder of nations. Especially since hopper and I’ve had worse is so popular.

Although, I really want to run the cleaners in the deck along with exchange of info so that I can make the advances do 2 damage a pop.

2 Likes

Does any one have any semi-tested to fully tested builder of nations brews? I just put something in the oven, curious to see what others have thought up.

I have something on paper, but I am not that confident in it.

If it proves okay Thursday night I will put it up.

Right now, mine basically looks like Supermodernism with advancable ICE, so I’m not exactly going deep down the rabbit hole. Nothing special, but here it is:

Builder of Supermodernism

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations (Blood Money)

Agenda (10)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

I think SEA is probably better in this build than Hard Hitting, since there’s a good chance the runner can just clear the tags, but I’ll try both.

2 Likes

Snare/Prisec seem really good in this style of deck.

I think it could be pretty decent and will get better post Mausoleus.

1 Like

Man, Weyland as a faction gets better. They’re starved for a code gate worth playing.

4 Likes

Going back to your build, judge would probably be worth a slot if you went with HHN.

Cool idea. I keep going back to my build and thinking “if I am running that, I am better off scorching to death”.