Flashpoint Cycle!

Yeah and I’m curious if that can be played with somehow, maybe something that makes them panic and slow down while you win some other way. It is very tempting to just blow up their house though…

Pretend you’re on a scorch plan when all you really want is to play closed accounts and use zealous judge as the enabler with bandwidth as a splash.

Win games

2 Likes

I think the big difference is that Manhunt causes the Runner to spend 2 credits and a click every time it hits while Door to Door is a loss of 1 credit at best. This means that for every time Manhunt hits, it has the impact of three turns of Door to Door.

And in NBN, Manhunt can hit every single turn. It just requires a successful run and there are lots of powerful, “must-trash” cards like Daily Bussiness Show or SanSan that will force that run. And Making News, of course.

1 Like

Door to door can fire every turn and turn on zealous judge. If you can just clear the tag on your turn, it’s easier to let it just fire if the Corp boosts it. You can choose not to run with Manhunt. It’s obvious which it’s more broadly useful, but you can get quite devious with door to door. Not saying you’re wrong, but the card it’s so different, it might be wrong to compare them straight up.

1 Like

Sure, it fires, but it’s almost never a good idea to increase the trace, since you’re usually hurting yourself more than the runner. Turning on Judge is okay if you can make Judge either safe or taxing enough to get to that it opens scoring windows, but the times this actually happens are most likely going to be few and far enough between that I’m not sure it’s worth the effort and card slots that could be going to more consistent tactics. Obviously I can’t say this with 100% certainty, as we don’t have the card yet, nor do we know everything that will be in the packs leading up to/after the pack, so maybe there will be some build where Door to Door makes sense in. I can’t come up with this build as of yet though.

1 Like

Probably a PPVP corporate edition. I’m betting on corporate spending accounts being a thing.

2 Likes

Did I just walk into a thread full of people that don’t know net police exists? Door to Door net police yall.

4 Likes

You know I know about Net Police

1 Like

I know net police exists in very much the same way I know mike’s hard lemonaid exists.

9 Likes

speculation:

i recall Damon saying somewhere that we’d see Chaos Theory’s parents ‘soon’ (or maybe he mentioned Flashpoint… i can’t even remember the interview where he said it)

BUT ANYWAY

in Financial Collapse, it looks like the two men arguing in the background are the same two men in the picture on the left (with CT in the middle). they could be her parents. which leads to further speculation (along with Sunny as well): Chaos Theory and Sunny’s kids could be adopted, or they could be biological children of their respective parents, thanks to some advances in assisted reproductive technology (likely from Jinteki?)

4 Likes

Haha, I like to think about Sunny’s children as Chaos Theory and MaxX :slight_smile:

Father would be Jackson, because He’s the Father of all things being. :slight_smile:

I like the small bandage across Dinosaur’s eye. So much flavor. “You don’t need to watch them fight, Dino. Here, close your eyes.”

1 Like

I liked Mumbad for exploring a part of the world that is woefully underrepresented. The flavour and art in this cycle is really a step up - Financial Collapse is a particularly good example, but Sunny’s current is also really well done.

3 Likes

Also, it now looks like we’re getting fairchild 2.0 in this cycle.

2 Likes

They seem intent on low strength code gates being a thing this cycle. But with anarchs having basically no good decoder but yog, aren’t these kind of dead on arrival?

i also like thinking of it as the result of Shattered Remains, where she did what she could to patch it up

3 Likes

the best anarch code gate breaker is Faust (and sentry breaker too!)

I don’t even think it’s a question of if they’re her parents. On the left-hand side of her head is a picture of all three of them happy and smiling in a family photo (presumably in economically better times).

It goes even deeper than that!

The blackout in Titan Transnational is the same blackout that you play in the Android: Mainframe boardgame. Chaos Theory aka Olivia Ortez is one of the playable characters in said board game. In other words, she either helped cause the blackout or at the very least had fun mucking about with people’s (like her parents) finances during the blackout. That look you see on her face? That’s not just a child’s sadness that her parents are fighting, that’s guilt that she may have very well been the cause of the fight (and many more!)

15 Likes

Oh god. Please stop breaking my heart…

6 Likes