Flashpoint Cycle!

I assume this story is well-known but just in case it isn’t - Apparently Matt Zellinger was only allowed to depict Dinosaurus getting destroyed in the art for Shattered Remains after giving reassurances that Chaos Theory would be able to repair it.

22 Likes

Everyone is bringing hella A game about Chaos Theory on this thread.

4 Likes

Love the CT background story. I always thought the two men was one her parent and the other like their banker or something. Didn’t see the pic. Bet you Jinteki made some sort of assisted reproductive tech.

2 Likes

Or maybe Chaos Theory’s parents are gay…

Anyone else notice that the kids in Ramujan Reliant are Sunny’s kids?

3 Likes

i didn’t know! haha thank you for sharing. that’s amazing.

NO IT’S OK CHAOS THEORY DON’T CRY :cry:

i always got the sense that she was the kind of kid who was quite privileged (possibly spoiled, but not necessarily) and was able to use that status to kind of do whatever she wanted. she never seemed like the kind of person who would hack into corporations and expose their secrets for some morale high ground or betterment of society, but rather for the challenge of being able to do it, the lack of feeling that rules apply to her like they do everyone else, and like she says, the most important part of a run is having fun. there also might be some disconnect with running being done in virtual space and not ‘real’

along with that, i think Financial Collapse is probably the first time she experiences real-world consequences for something she’s done while running

yeah, that was my first reaction as well until i looked closely and saw the picture

this has been confirmed to be untrue. the biggest evidence ‘mommy wouldn’t buy crap consumer-grade stuff for her kids’

4 Likes

Hey, um…gosh. What kind of card, of what faction is financial collapse?

looks like a neutral corp operation

Yeah. Assets and upgrades have the card title below the picture, and it’s clearly not ice or an agenda. And the coloring looks neutral, though in fairness some preview pictures can make green or purple look a bit grey. The straight horizontal lines in the top left are part of the neutral background, though.

Oh dude, no. That is clearly Zed 2.0, the card that will combine perfectly with Zed 1.0 and Janus 1.0 and Janus 2.0 : Ruiner of Brains. Ooh, also, Sandburg and Defective Brainchips might just work. Ooh again, didn’t realize how much fun it would be to convolute the runner into running a Edge of World protected by Brainstorm with the current on. Newsflash, new meta is fun

2 Likes

My point was purely to speculate that her parents were gay, because I hadn’t seen anyone mention the possibility, and it seemed indicated in the artwork. I wasn’t trying to contradict anything anyone had said.

As for the Ramujan thing, where was that confirmed?

Oh hey, in case anyone hasn’t pointed it out yet, Blood Money’s status just flipped over to Shipping Now.

7 Likes

Fear the Masses with Obelus, Nerve Agent and Medium in an Omar deck can be fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling one or both of CTs parents is a banker.

1 Like

ah, ok.

and about Sunny, Damon said so in an interview (i believe the last one he did with Run Last Click a couple of months ago)

1 Like

there’s another hidden easter egg on the Chaos Theory card. If you look really closely, Chaos Theory is on it.

1 Like

Cool stuff. Really interested in the rest of Khan’s cards. Already figuring out how to include Temujin Contract into decks as well.

You just now picked up on this?

Mr Trump says it all explain her scene name. #SubtleHumor

1 Like

Does someone noticed the Obelus / Masanori interaction ?

Bump a server, get a tag => +1 handsize, then run HQ / R&D access, and at least draw 2 :slight_smile:
(then DLR etc)

Ah. That’s what I get for only listening to half of that episode.