Flashpoint Cycle!

Huh…actually, I just realized that the runner factions’ ethoses kinda map onto mtg archetypes: Shaper is Johnny, Anarch is Timmy, Criminal is Spike.

5 Likes

The backlash of DDoS is you couldn’t run everywhere you wanted before playing it :wink:

Enough with Anarch backlash… They need a pair of cards, lots of draw and double the cost of what other factions propose. Their decks lacks of basic support (but wizzard dumblefork… But would that mean there is only 1-2-3 decks there ?).

They are in big need of B&B. They were supposed to do things “the Anarch way”, mkay but gives them B&B (or inf, but not both, like Shapers).

I don’t know who decided all B&B have to be Shaper, and all money have to be criminal, but come on. Anarch have 2 (effective) draw card and one is on MWL. Anarchs have 2 decoders and one is on MWL. Anarch have the most need of MU (not Shaper) and they have no in-faction MU chips. They have no tutor, even a bad one. They have no safe play recursivity like CC / Scavenge.
Money have high costs, and they have no money, so they clic relying on coreset or so money.
K. Not coreset. Liberated is gonna rotate out in 1 year :confused:

Etc etc etc. I don’t really know what happens in FFG but they sure don’t like the punk in cyberpunk (just see how clean is the ANR universe, compared to Gibson’s. Punk, or a form of revolt, is where most of his heroes comes from, btw).

1 Like

Boost & Break? Bed & Breakfast?

5 Likes

Bread & Butter.

That’s basic internet / nerd VS gaming slang for “basic / everyday tools” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t believe I didn’t realize that :sweat:

I dunno, man. From where I’m sitting, it looks like Anarchs have plenty of draw (I’ve Had Worse, Inject, Wyldside Pancakes) and money (Day Job, Liberated Account, even Queen’s Gambit in a meta increasingly heavy with assets). I have a harder time making Shaper economy work, and while 3x Diesel is a pretty easy pick for Shaper, Quality Time doesn’t always fit. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think ‘bread & butter’ is where Anarchs have it rough. (But that may be because I don’t feel like Anarchs really have it rough at all, these days.)

9 Likes

Don’t forget they also have MaxX and can use Earthrise just as easily as the other two.

I’d say there’s only one real glaring weakness in any of the three: Criminal’s lack of even crappy recursion. Anarach has Deja, Retrieval Run, Trope, Heap Breakers, and Influence enough for Levy. Shaper has Clone Chip, Test Run, Scavenge, and Levy. Criminal? Bupkis.

5 Likes

Criminal had expose and could prevent these problems. Really it sounds like rumor mill fixed Criminal. How do they lose programs again? Faerie and Femme have no clue.

1 Like

Aggressive Secretary + Underway Grid new meta confirm

3 Likes

Multi-purpose ca&rds like IHW is one solution for Anarch. IHW is their diesel and Plascrete.
Wyldside need Pancake to work. That’s 5 cards. With IHW, that’s 8 cards.

For me, Chaos Theory, after maybe something like 300 or 400 games, have a “natural” balancing point at 3 Diesel / 2 QT / 1 Larla for how I like her to be piloted. That is me. That’s 6c for one revolution of their stack, 5 slots, draw power of 17-19 cards (aka around half deck with no mulligan) and a 5c event to start it again.

Criminal will typically have much more problems than Anarch does have, to find their draw, but they can tutor their hard-to-find breakers with no inf.
They play a double or triple Earthrise that they can afford (Anarch / Shaper rarelly can), putting in 3x, = 12c for a 18 cards potential (aka near 20 cards = half deck - 5 cards).

An Anarch, triple IHW, Wyldside / Pancakes needs 8c and 8 slots, 3 inf & removing their meat protection. Draw power of 9 + 12 = 6 turns (or 10 turns not playing IHWs because they transforms into QTs with Wyldsides). Puting injects on top (asking a card to recur lost breakers) will ask 10 slots in your deck. That’s a lot of money / breakers or multiaccess you don’t have there.
Anarch don’t tutor naturally. So because you can see a tutor being the exact breaker you want, they have to double / triple their breakers, loosing another 3 slots there.

Etc etc. They lose slots everywhere. Meaning they have to choose between, in the end, money or draw or multiaccess and no tutor. Shaper don’t choose, they have lots of inf. Criminal have access to (a little) more inf than Anarch to compensate those problems.

Shaper / NBN same story. They have B&B tools in-faction (NBN = Jackson), meaning they have more inf than the others to be free to deckbuild.

i was, but i often think of Cuj.0 as fixing Anarch’s weakest point (since it’s so damn terrible), and it messes up my train of thought

and so that means Yog.0 is supposed to be a bad decoder?

so that means Criminal is worst at breaking barriers, ok at breaking code gates, when they didn’t even have a decoder in the core, and all they had until Passport and Rex was Peacock and Leviathan?

this explains so much

also, i guess literally nothing is literally better than Aurora

1 Like

Peacock was ok back in first cycles. There was not much multi-subs codegates. People just spammed Enigma because “take that, criminal !”, which was the 2 years all-star faction until they had their deluxe.

FFG have problems printing non-green breakers.

Lol. Someone told you that, no ?

3 months ago I was saying “hey Aurora is a card we could play !”, heavily defending my point against the universe, with my usual elephant finesse sale talk.

The whole hardcore french scene made fun of me (like they are used to - yeah I’m a nerdy clown, and I’m happy with that, I’ve got idea nobody have, and one in twenty is a good one :slight_smile: ).

They were saying your exact words about the decks I posted :slight_smile:

Can you expand on this because I don’t get it. Looking at break costs between it and corroder, it seems…well bad. The only instance I can find where it’s better is a strength 10 one sub barrier. In all other instances it’s at least one more expensive, often two or more expensive. I run a single aurora in my Leela deck for when I can’t find my corroder, and I think that’s basically it’s best use case scenario.

I’m not saying I was right, Aurora was another strange / baroque idea I had.
I did not see the benefit of ending a game with Criminal @ 20+ credits, when you could have Desperado with the spared inf. This and Criminal whines about inf was the starting point.

1 Like

Oh i see.

Wyldside was doing good work long before Pancakes came out, back when Anarch actually weren’t a great faction.

Who has more inf than Anarch? Anarch needs to import absolutely nothing, save tutor effects. Multiaccess? They’ve got Medium, possibly the best R&D multiaccess card in the game. They’ve still got Nerve Agent for HQ multiaccess (which I personally think is an underrated card, but then again they have so many spectacular cards it’s easy for merely ‘good’ cards to be overlooked). They’ve got the money and draw cards I noted before. They’ve got excellent breakers – their breakers were so good Criminal imported them exclusively for years. They have Deja Vu for recursion, as well as Retrieval Run and now these self-recurring breakers. They’ve also got a monopoly on trashing effects: cutlery, Imp, Parasite. They’ve got freakin’ D4v1d. What don’t Anarchs have, other than tutors?

Edit: I mean, seriously. I remember putting together an Anarch deck, cutting slots (poor Nerve Agent, always card #46!), and then going “oh shit, I forgot to spend any influence. Uhhh…I guess I’ll slap in some Clone Chips for instant Parasite…damn, now what do I cut?” Criminal have more inf than Anarchs? Desperado being on the MWL is a serious drag on the faction. Meanwhile Anarch has like 5 cards on there and they don’t skip a beat. They finally can’t have Siphon or Clone Chip on top of all their other goodies. I’m not seeing how they’re worse off.

8 Likes

And suddenly someone play Turing & Lotus Field in the same deck and all orange dreams collapse.

Faction bullets, best bullets. Comes in no other color than orange.

1 Like

Dumble has no problem there. Faust, Parasite, D4. Never really getting locked out. Put them in Blue Sun and maybe, but why are you doing that…?

2 Likes

To get more wins through say a base of 20% “good” matchups ?
Say you’re a midlevel player with 50% wins like me suddenly tada your deck gives you 66%.

I mean sure, you can tech vs anarch, but if you put influence on Turings/Lotus Fields, you’re also making your Shaper matchup worse (probably also Crim, but depends). So overall win% might not be going up. Also, influence might not be something you can afford, depends on the deck you’re playing.