Flashpoint Cycle!

• Etr codegate is a garanty problem with Criminal, when placed on remote.
  • Who cares Shapers. The faction is so much “got everything” and so diverse that you’ll never silverbullet against them, but with Chronos Project “maybe”.
  • If you have influence problems, then change your deck or rewrite one.

I agree with the point about code gates and criminals. Shaper point not so much, but with the last one I do have a problem with.

Not sure if joking…
Do you honestly splash multiple Turing out of faction or are you playing strictly HB?

“If” this is influence that makes your win % go higher, then it’s well spent influence…

That’s a “if”, though.

Wrote another SOL this morning, with inf = 2x paywalls, 2x Turings and 2x Lotus fields (and 2x Wraparound but whatever).
Triple GFIs for the last 3 influence, with triple Chronos Protocol = 10 agenda (Beal & Astro).

Really nothing fancy, yeah ok, just Ouroboros.
I know these are cards that creates lots of problems.

1 Like

Hmm, ok. Not sure if genius or madness, but good luck with that deck! Would like to hear how it works when you get some games in on the comp Jinteki.net side. :slight_smile:

This is madness 19 times out of 20 :wink:

1 - run archives with Omar to go to R&D
2 - run archives with Sneakdoor to go to HQ
3 - run archives to say hi, I’m a hobo
4 - profit (Apocalypse, Notoriety, Quest Completed)

DDoS, and use Stim Dealer with Apocalypse for extra jankpoints. And a Chopbot because Paperclip / Black Orchestra stuff.

btw, if Black Orchestra is an AI, things will start to get medieval.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Martial Law preview up!
Given the lose condition of New Angeles, I was wondering whether this is where the cycle was headed.

Interdiction…oof. Rumor Mill was one thing, but did we really need to silver-bullet surprise?

10 Likes

Actually I think the article is wrong… Interdiction shouldn’t prevent on-access effects?

6 Likes

Interdiction: “The corp cannot rez non-ice cards during the runner’s turn”

“You’re guaranteed your synapses safety from Haas-Bioroid’s Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control, 9), and your rig gains safety from the corp’s Aggressive Secretary (Core Set, 57).”

That’s not how netrunner works…

7 Likes

It wouldn’t be the first time a reveal article expressed implications of a card incorrectly. I imagine this will get edited.

2 Likes

Also equivocation is awesome. It’s what Laramy should have been.

5 Likes

Yeah, it seems like it was written pretty hastily; they also refer to the pack using three different names.

(Interdiction is an annoying card even with that obvious exception. It hurts powerful assets and upgrades a lot less than interesting ones. I’m hoping people will stick with Rumor Mill.)

2 Likes

NBN now has a second Barrier that’s better than anything Weyland can muster. Why can’t Big Green get a single AI hate card!?

15 Likes

Looks like the new Apex card is another ‘trigger the first time you trash a card’, but it being a 1m program is a bit worrisome.

1 Like

Seems like Anson Rose probably won’t combo with the Space ICE suite as it places the advancement tokens when you rez it, not before. Probably need an FAQ ruling on that one. I don’t think he’s going to be very helpful outside of Gagarin. 4 is the magic number for asset trash costs, but most Weyland decks are going to be taking bad pub too. I don’t know. Not very exciting. Even for BoN.

Also agreed with above: why the hell is NBN getting killer Barriers and Weyland gets Bailiff?

3 Likes

Anson Rose is definitely support for Mausolus and its ilk (I do not for a second believe it is the only ice in its set). He’s good for BoN but might not be worth the opportunity cost. I agree about the space ice: I don’t think he works as he triggers on rez, so you’ve already paid the cost.

I’m glad my understanding of the rules wasn’t totally off. I was thinking a current that just blanks all traps would have been stupid.

Is IP block so amazing? It obviously depends on how common AIs are in the meta, but with faust seeing less play it’s not an obvious include. If they don’t have an AI it’s a pretty weak rez.

Not much in the spoilers seems exciting yet, except for the already known Mausolus.

Anson Rose singlehandedly makes PAD Factory and woodcutter and tyrant way better. Hell, if you stick a runner with a salvage advanced a bunch of times with no parasite, and no link, and no Shrike…and no…fuck it. But the other cards are still totally playable. Swarm bitches.

7 Likes

I see Eater being played more, and perhaps Dai V will be more a thing with Smoke

Equivocation for RDI replacement?

1 Like