Flashpoint Cycle!

I don’t have much faith in Dai V, but Eater is a fair shout. Although alot of the decks I see using eater are siphoning and keeping tags anyway, so in that case IP block acts as a 4 strength barrier ETR. Not bad, but I don’t know if I want to lose wraparound for it, which is good against AIs too. I definitely don’t want to cut resistor.

Yeah, people still play AI, also it’s still a 2 cost str 4 barrier. And it just gives you a tag. Not like data raven, you just logged on an NBN server, so clearly they know where you are. Uuuuugh, it’s so broken and enjoyable. You need to be able to expose ice to prevent bad things from happening, that’s just what’s going to happen

1 Like

Also misdirection is almost useless against midseasons. Another one of those “article writers don’t understand the game” situations.

Well it all leads to:

New Angeles the new board game :wink:
Hopefully the last Datapack is no namedt:
Make New Angeles great again *go stealth*

I mean it does something about Midseasons especially if you only get hit with less than 10 tags or something; it’s just probably not that efficient

The thing is you could have just paid extra into the trace to begin with - midseasons already lets you pay 1 credit per tag to remove.

1 Like

Not really, but Weyland (a) does not have a single barrier with a str/rez ratio over 1, and (b) does not have a single barrier that does anything but end the run (except Orion, which isn’t really a Barrier).

I mean, look at this list. How many of these would you rather play over IP Block? For a faction who’s strength is barriers, their options are pretty lackluster.

7 Likes

Heh. I do think the comparison is a bit of a non-starter, as weylands barriers are just varying size of gearcheck, whereas IP block is AI hate - amazing if they do have an AI, but almost blank against a runner without an AI or tags. I wouldn’t slot IP block into any weyland decks I currently have (which is very few tbh), but maybe NBN can figure out a good way to use it.

2 Likes

Also, NBN doesn’t need the help. We are living in yellow land. Give another faction a chance.

2 Likes

this whole pack is making me hot and bothered

3 Likes

If the runner has no AI or preexisting tags, it’s still a 2/4 barrier with trace3 give the runner one tag and end the run.

10 Likes

also of note, Preemptive Action has no influence cost.

they totally knew what they were doing when they obscured the first pip in that art fan lol

EDIT:

it’s basically what Pachinko should have been.

Am I misreading? It looks like a trace 1 on my screen. If it’s trace 3 I agree it’s very good.

The thing for me is that they keep giving other factions interesting options and giving Weyland run of the mill ETR, make money (sort of) and cards that try to patch bad mechanics or make other bad cards playable instead of cards that actually address serious issues and stand alone. The only good card we’ve received this cycle that stands on its own two legs and isn’t trying to fix other broken cards and mechanics is Mausolus.

Meanwhile, NBN keeps getting more and more powerful and interesting tools that synergize greatly with their already powerful gameplans.

…I’m sort of salty. /endrant

8 Likes

IP block is solid but rarely amazing. As long as Kate and Andy are 2 of the top dogs it’s (most of the time) a 2 cred break.

Gets a bit more sexy with Improved Tracers out of Sol.

I want to play improved tracers, superior cyberwalls and encrypted portals in a deck, am I sick?

1 Like

It’s useful if you come into money after the Midseasons trace. Having one means that the time the corp has to really use those tags might be shorter than expected, as it makes the feasibility of clearing these tags possible, rather than impossible.

Hypothetical - you’re on 5 credits, corp has 15, they midseason you for 12 (say). Spend nothing contesting. Next turn you can Sure Gamble, maybe gain some more credits, then click-click-spend 10-12 and wipe out the tags. It allows you to spend that 1-1 credt for tag removal whenever you want, not just during the midseason trace.

Even if all you do is credit, credit, Misdirection, you just cleared two tags from 0 credits in a single turn.

5 Likes

Also, hard hitting news on 4 credits, looks like you just ran that QPM kitty cat

1 Like

It’s already been edited. They must watch the message board.

IP Block is definitely a trace 3. ENHANCE:

12 Likes