Flashpoint Cycle!

It’s probably like Nasa extreme or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can pay up to 2 to place that many power counters on it (i.e. up to 2).

I’m guessing it’s New Angeles Stock eXchange.

I’m not speaking from any top tier experience here, but one of the things I’ve noticed about PAD Campaign in its favour is that it’s so mundane with its 1c per turn that runners seem more inclined to leave it alone if things are close. I don’t see the same being the case with NASX. In this case I’d say it being better makes it more of a target.

On the topic of release dates, this is what really annoys me about FFG. Multiple packs announced seemingly randomly ahead of time. No idea when any of them are released, seems messy, unintentional, and defuses drama rather than heightening it.

Note that, as an extension of being unique, Rumor Mill shuts down NasX.

Not a strict upgrade from PAD, but I feel like I’d almost always take 2x PAD 1x NasX over 3x PAD.

6 Likes

I seriously hope you’re right. For balance’s sake I’ll assume that you are. I’d still like to see the card made slightly weaker with respect to PAD, but I’m no longer totally freaked out.

I really like all the other stuff, especially VLC and Peace for our Time. I read it as

Play only as your first click and only if the Corp scored no Agendas during their last turn.

Gain 10. The Corp gains 5. You cannot initiate any runs during this turn

I really like the flavour.

1 Like

It’s worth nothing that Stinson is an upgrade, not an asset like you might expect. It’s a nice little bonus.

4 Likes

Yeah PiOT is… weird. Its very strong for setup, and can be a great hail mary card when you know you need to hail mary on your next turn. At the same time it can give the corp the money it needs to close out the game. It rewards runners with high amounts of information and planning, and harms aggressive, reckless runners. I don’t think it will be played much but it is certainly interesting.

Stinson + Lateral Growth + two ICE is BABW’s best opening hand I think… It’s like Hedge Fund + two ice but also gets you Stinson rezzed for future use.

Stop reminding me that Lateral Growth should be green. I’m trying to be less bitter about Weyland.

7 Likes

I think it’s fair to require BABW to pay two influence for a card that lets you install and gain 3c for a single click… But yeah I wish LG had been green as well.

I think that’s way undervaluing 2 influence, especially in Weyland.

4 Likes

Well yes I would have preferred one influence… Weyland is so much better off than they used to be though. It’s not 2015 anymore, and they keep getting sick cards.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but “take an additional turn” seems different than “gain four clicks.” So it doesn’t seem like Apocalypse just got better. But I also could totally be missing something.

1 Like

Starting your turn with 5+ clicks is not uncommon out of shaper, at which point running all three centrals, Encore, Apocalypse is quite good. Possibly follow that up with Medium and a hand full of Data Breach/heap full of Out of the Ashes…

If the runner steals an Agenda, you Midseasons them for a good amount of credits, bringing them below 6.

Then you Bryan out a Restructure, then Bryan out the same Midseasons for enough tags to reach the ceiling. GG

1 Like

Mid-seasons unfortunately isn’t a transaction.

3 Likes

Ok, that makes sense. It doesn’t necessarily make the Apoc easier to fire, but means, if you planned well, that you can capitalize on it more.

Whoops, missed that!

Are we leading up to a card that lets the Corp win by amassing a certain number of credits?