Flashpoint Cycle!

The corp already wins by amassing credits. The game just never tells you it does.

2 Likes

I guess the new Weyland guy is pretty good in nilla Weyland. Otherwise, pretty unimpressed.

1 Like

Iā€™m a huge fan of Stinson. Expensive to get rid of, upgrade, comical level of goodness with BWBI (go core!), more non-Jackson Corp recursion, and will create a fun new type of interaction with Weyland (trace drain to get em poor and jack it riiiight back upā€¦ Or do you just let it fire and hope?).

4 Likes

NASX is crazy with Celebrity Gift, if Iā€™m understanding this correctly. I think you would spend 3 clicks to net 25 credits, assuming NASX is already installed.

1 Like

not 3 clicks for 25 credits. Itā€™s you gain 10 credits, then you pay up to 2 to put up to 2 power counters on NASX, which you can then trash for an additional 4 credits. Itā€™s bursty, and works best if you have a tonne of drip econ, and you need to burst up your credits fast.

2 Likes

I think heā€™ll be popular in the Utah meta, if you see what I mean

iā€™m loving all these cards i donā€™t care.

Encore is legit.

iā€™m really liking Peace in Our Time for the simple fact that Beth Kilrain-Chang exists

and Bryan Stinson: PLEASE

3 Likes

Seems like NASX is causing some confusion. You can only place at most 2 power counters, for $1 per counter, per trigger (getting money somewhere else), correct?

yes, and it also doesnā€™t seem to be limited in any way by the amount of credits you get from the other source, just that itā€™s a card ability (and not clicking for credits, for example)

gain credits from card ability (any amount)
pay up to 2c
put up to 2 tokens on NASX

So an Adonis alone will give $20 over four turns, if the maximum dedicated to NASX every turn, instead of $12

I kind of just realized that Bryan lets you play it without paying a cost.

Yeah, its pretty amazing in nilla Weyland. It might have a spot in other builds too outside of Blue Sun.

1 Like

yes, thatā€™s true, but that also requires both of them to be on the board and rezzed at the same time for 4 turns

like yes, you get a double return on your investment, but youā€™re investing credits (and therefore losing tempo), and lose all of your investment if it gets trashed. itā€™s a click ability as well to cash in your investment, so it can be a bit risky

then again, it can also be used as a must-trash asset to place in your scoring remote to force the runner to deal with it while you wait to draw your agenda

Oh okay. I misread a few words; thanks

Stinson goes in any deck that plays restructure, and any decks that donā€™t play restructure should start playing it so they can use Stinson. 28 net credits in 3 clicks?!

Also Iā€™m curious if violet level clearance is worth it in vanilla weyland. The efficiency is high, should be easy to protect it in hq, and itā€™s not hard to use up your cards in hq so you wonā€™t have to discard. But what about the influence cost? (Hopefully weyland wonā€™t need to splash for ice by the end of this cycle?)

NASX + Private Contracts is pretty powerful, especially since it costs no influence, it could be an alternative to commercial bankers group in a ā€œleave my assets aloneā€ deck

NASX and Indian Stock Exchanges.
Then Sublimnals, 3 of them.
Then stupid neutral cards, including ices.

Then Sandburg.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if I even remember the last time a runner had less than six credits when I played Weyland, so I kind of doubt Barneyā€™s usefulness. Seems good on first turn, but then you need another transaction in hand soā€¦meh?

1 Like

Isnā€™t NASX something you add on top of other drip econ? Have four other pads/sundews/eves ticking and you can stack up the tokens quickly.

1 Like

You can build around him a bit though: Reversed Accounts with Dedication Ceremony; Mumbad Virtual Tour; Consulting Visit for Hard-Hitting News

6 Likes

Actually I think it could be pretty crazy in the right deck. Say a very fast Nexus Kate or CT. The ability to click for 9 credits on turn 1 is out of this world, just couple with burst draw and some drip and it could be a very serious accelerant for decks which basically win once they get set up.

I like it a lot for Sunny. With Jak Sinclair and Nexus you can actually still make a single run before you play the card, essentially negating one of the biggest downsides.

It also helps patch up one of the biggest problems with sunny which is set up speed and burst econ.

And Sunny typically doesnā€™t mind giving the corp a little extra cash because her link is higher, making the midseasons/sea/hhn harder to land.

2 Likes