Greek Nationals

Let’s hope your expectations will get more fulfilled than your expectations at every World Cup :smiling_imp: :kissing_heart:

(soccer for all the Clueless Americans :smiley:)

2 Likes

2 Likes

@lpoulter and I are going on a free walking tour at 09:45 on the Saturday. Sign up here:

if you want to come. For those who haven’t done this style of tour, it’s customary to tip at the end if you enjoyed the tour, and is a cheap and good way to get your bearings of a city. Sign up is required, and hopefully see some of you there!

2 Likes

If you were English, you’d know our expectations are fulfilled exactly, every World Cup, with alarming regularity.

Netrunner Worlds will be different! (For the other guys anyway, I’m not expecting to make it through without getting DQd for harsh language.)

5 Likes

They’ll have to understand you first!

2 Likes

Ever since MaxX was published the Colonials understand my non-verbal communication too!

4 Likes

Best Eurocup ever (ok, maybe 1996 was ok, too xD )

Hey @groober,

I registered for the tour, too. Looking forward to meeting you, guys :smiley:

#NetrunnerConnects

1 Like

I will arrive in Athens at Saturday night :frowning: See you at the tour m8s!

P.S. Do not dare win this tour if you do not show up with a St George Cross or an England football shirt or something at the photos of the event… :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I got nothing particularly German with me. If anything, a jersey of the German football club I support xD

1 Like

Bring a Bayern FC something, you will be going 5-1 at the swiss…

1 Like

Haha, if anything, it is 1. FC Köln (3-0 yesterday :smiley: )

1 Like

The event page is up but for some reason Facebook allows only invited members to see the page (this is what the admin of the page said).

Anyone not able to see the page, plz contact me.

Cheers,

1 Like

So Grand Winner of the Greek Nationals,

Ladies and Gentlemen put your hands together for Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiister @lpoulter !

We fought as hard as we could but he Veni,Vidi, Vicied us at the end after some gruelling matches. And he came to get the title from the losers’ bracket and after a bad start at 3-3 at the start of the tourney.

Well played Laurie and use the Worlds bye to bring the title back to the old continent.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Nice, how many players attended?

Cheers,
Alex

50 if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Oh, another thing I am curious about. How many different nationalities were present?

3 nationalities, English German and Greek but kelfecil is Greek from the Dutch anr scene. So you can say 4.

Is laurie required to wear the foustanélla at worlds as greek national champion? :wink:

6 Likes

As if we didn’t have enough trouble stopping Laurie smashing plates as it is…

The British contingent at Worlds is going to look like an explosion in a Eurovision Song Contest store at this rate.

5 Likes