[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

I would be worried about not seeing the Crisium until it was too late at only 1 copy in 54 cards. Even with 2 in 54, I feel like it doesn’t show up until after the second Siphon/TME/whatever else I’ve been wrecked by recently.

Right now I’m on this for influence
3 Jackson
2 DBS
1 Ash
2 Hollywood
1 Tollbooth
1 Ichi

true, but either
A) film critic comes out before you make this play, in which case you simply don’t use this card, or

B) film critic isn’t on the board yet, so when they first hit the OHG and an agenda it’s still gonna take them a click and a new run to come get it.

worst case scenario is C) Film critic isn’t out yet and when you make your OHG play they intuit what card it is and have film critic in hand and play it first rather than save their clicks for what might be a caprice.

film critic is a strong tool, but I think good decks will be able to pivot when it comes out and change their strategies accordingly, without completely abandoning the strong strategies that make film critic appealing in the first place (see also: clot didn’t make FA a bad plan)

2 Likes

Yeah, I think even with OHG you still don’t try to score without Caprice. I like it as a backup like your Ash or your Batty. I don’t think it’s quite resilient enough to be your only upgrade protection.

It’s certainly better as a primary upgrade than Ash or Batty though, which is why I think it’s worth looking at. You can jam a 5/3 early if you have enough archives chaff and they can’t trash it, even without ice. Maybe worth diversifying the Agenda composition a bit for it.

No, but it does hurt the RP/IG agenda suite which means your centrals are less safe. Though IGs will probably be a bit safer because assets and upgrades will be more resilient.

Hmmm, 2 Fetal, 2 NAPD, 1 Nisei, 3 TFP (Fuck me if I’m playing more easy to steal 3 pointers than I have to), 1 Hades Fragment? Or are we thinking even more diverse?

Old Hollywood Grid is real? Seems stupid powerful. I guess 5 rez is tough for normal NBN decks, but as y’all have said it could be good in a deck like this that can make dumb money pretty fast.

I think this is sufficient. 3 TFP is still too good not to play, etc.

So Noise is really aggravating here, I’ve found. He has approximately infinity Imps, provides a huge amount of centrals pressure, and our ice is expensive and thus hard to rush with. Any thoughts?

1 Like

While you don’t get to choose what you discard; I would think he’d play into our clutches a bit, though imp is a problem. Has caprice on archives ever helped you out? It’s true that they’ll often just drop a crypsis and run in, but now they’ve at least got to win that psi game. Imp, I’d just clear viruses pronto on. I play very few remotes and might be less susceptible to this; I’d be more concerned about parasite recursion.

Two cyberdex may be right if noise is still on the rise. Also, this deck doesn’t mind milling as much as others, and is usually far more comfortable purging than most. Hades is obnoxious, I think you have to go for the net damage approach vs decks with imp usually, noise is no exception. Triple interns and Crick should be enough to help you find windows to score the agendas you want.

Reversed Accounts might be a sneaky good include for an IG deck focused on hitting economy. IG keeps the trash cost up and Mushin no Shin could take the sting out of the advancement requirement.

1 Like

I think the two Cyberdex is right. Definitely makes the good stuff Anarch matchup better at least. Fun fact, it’s hilarious when people facecheck Crick, and you recur a 6 trash cost Cyberdex onto the server they’re running.

Also, has anyone tested Tori Hanzo in this deck? I feel like it could be strong. Might just be an expensive distraction though.

What are peoples thoughts on Tech Startup in the Attrition versions?

I took Tr33beard’s awesome Passchendaele deck and went
-1 Ash
-2 Crisium
-1 Hostile Infrastructure
-1 Melange

For

+3 Tech Startup
+1 Contract Killer
+1 Allele Repression

Add its been working really well at the local game nights. Taking out the Crisium is probably a meta call and might be terrible in other scenes, but the TS+Contract Killer is amazing for killing Kati’s and offing players with only 1 card in hand out of nowhere (it’s also future proofing against film critic :smile: ).

I’m firing TS pretty much immediately for Melange or CK, occasionally getting Allele Repression or Jackson if I need to manipulate cards (In theory the other card I should be teching for is Hostile Infrastructure but its never come up). TS may make the deck more fragile to intense central pressure in the first few turns…but I feel those games are decided on the luck of agenda accesses anyway?

The influence is the massive strike against it I agree. I’m not sure if Snatch and Grab is better in IG if removing connections are proving important - recurring assets is this decks bread and butter and playing Contract Killer two or three times is a lot easier than playing Snatch and Grab two or three times?

Snatch and Grab is more efficient but less reliable if the runner isn’t poor, and I envision I’ll be most desperate to remove connections when the runner is rich?

I’ve teased running blacklist, corporate town, contract killer, and other useful tools, plus the trickle econ with Tech startup (even turtlebacks because you can trigger off tech startup 2x from the initial install and the tech install), but I find slots to be snug. If ever there were an ID that was okay running over 49 though, this is it…

I’ve found the slots to be incredibly tight in 54, haha. I have no idea how you manage with 49.

I don’t, see above, I’m at 54!

I played against a guy recently who used Tech Startup for Shock to make Archives painful early.

3 Likes

This is a deck I have played around a 100+ matches with; it has gone through several iterations before reaching this point. What I like is that the influence I have is somewhat flexible, do you see a lot of siphon/keyhole? Well, dump a GLC or Eli for a Crisium, or a Blacklist for all those Shapers/Anarchs trying to recur junk out of their heap.

This pretty much plays the death shell game, make Ronins very expensive or bluff out agendas as traps and vice versa. I was playing this with Braintrust to make the no advance strategy more viable for a while, but it doesn’t do much for you except make them easier to steal out of hand, R&D or on the table. The install from archives if they run click 4 and then score is a fun play though, so I’m on the fence about the trade.

This deck has a surprisingly high win rate through online and local tournament testing (~80%) some of that might have to do with a lot of people not knowing how to handle IG, but it does a good job of taxing cards and money. I don’t really care about access, as you can see by my ICE selection, which is also all over the place. The economy is pretty strong, and PAD proved to be just better than Turtlebacks in most situations, even though the install from archives to also gain 3 credits was always fun :smile:

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (10)
3x Fetal AI
3x NAPD Contract
1x Philotic Entanglement
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (21)
3x Cerebral Overwriter ••••• •
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x PAD Campaign
3x Ronin
2x Shi.Kyū