[Industrial Genomics] The Genomic Industrial Complex

A card that I think really works in Industrial Genomics that I haven’t seen mentioned (apologies if I missed you mentioning it!) is Self-Destruct.

If you already intend to score out behind ICE as part of your plan, and if you already have Future Perfect in your agenda suite, and if you already have plans for a spiky Archives, I would recommend that you take a couple of copies and try it out for a few games.

If you aren’t sure whether you have a scoring window, or even if you know you haven’t but it will tax the Runner a lot of credits, or if you have an feeling in your waters that the Runner might not even try and run, then with a Self-Destruct in your scoring server you can attempt to advance out a Future Perfect with a remarkably low downside! If they choose to run, and do get in, you just nuke the joint. Then they have to get into Archives and face your spiky traps simply to get a Psi game chance at those points!

2 Likes

I’ve updated my list a little, blacklist just wasn’t putting in the legwork for me it once did, runners are getting good at playing around it. While its a nice harassment, it seems too slow to set up in IG, for the payout. Corporate town seems infinitely better, but then you have to redo your agendas to include clone retirement, and then archer instead of ichi, and I’m not sold on that. Instead I’m moving towards a rush style, while still keeping the attrition.

Possible adds are subliminal messaging for face-down fodder, housekeeping to be oppressive, ELP for the same reason, and 1 more cerebral static. Currents are great because hacktivist sucks, noise’s ability is nice for a while, but can run your deck out fast, even at 54, and it helps with awkward matchups like kit and leela, as well as being nice against maxx. Also if my employees go on strike post D&D, I’d be nice to make them forget why they were striking XD

Industrial Genomics Growing Solutions
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay
Agenda Agenda (10)

1x Chronos Project
3x Fetal AI
3x NAPD Contract
3x The Future Perfect
Asset Asset (17)

2x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Melange Mining Corp.
3x PAD Campaign
3x Shock!
2x Snare!
2x Sundew
Upgrade Upgrade (5)

1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••
2x Caprice Nisei
2x Hokusai Grid
Operation Operation (5)

1x Cerebral Static
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
Barrier Barrier (4)

2x Ashigaru
2x Eli 1.0 ••
Code Gate Code Gate (6)

2x Crick
1x Lotus Field
2x Tollbooth ••••
1x Yagura
Sentry Sentry (6)

2x Ichi 1.0 ••••
3x Pup
1x Tsurugi
Other Other (1)

1x Excalibur

2 Likes

I’ve noticed your list is one of the few that runs 3 Hedges and only 1 Interns. Have you found you needed the extra credits over the recursion?

Getting the surge of 4 has been great, especially to get to the 9 to rez ashigaru. That said, I’d love to have 3 interns, but sometimes they just sit.

1 Like

This is the IG deck that won the Riga regionals this Saturday.

Industrial Genomics: Growing Solutions

Agenda (9)
2x Fetal AI
1x Hades Fragment
3x NAPD Contract
3x The Future Perfect

Asset (21)
2x Blacklist ••
3x Hostile Infrastructure
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Melange Mining Corp.
3x PAD Campaign
3x Shock!
2x Snare!
2x Sundew

Upgrade (6)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x Caprice Nisei
2x Hokusai Grid

Operation (6)
2x Enhanced Login Protocol ••••
3x Hedge Fund
1x Reclamation Order ••

Barrier (2)
2x Ashigaru

Code Gate (2)
2x Crick

Sentry (8)
2x Cortex Lock
3x Komainu
3x Tsurugi

15 influence spent (max 15)
22 agenda points (between 22 and 23)
54 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

The deck must’ve been interesting to play with so many Noises around during the tournament.

3 Likes

The reclaimation order is odd, but looks a lot like my list and @Cory_Hockman 's list. I wasn’t sold on the ELP, but I might have to add it.

1 Like

Whats are everyone’s thoughts on Old Hollywood Grid for the deck as protection to score or for RnD? It’s a lot of influence, but with the high trash cost, maybe it’s worth it?

I’ve been trying it, but Film Critic and Imp are way too prevalent in the meta for it to be good.

1 Like

I feel pretty solid that is exactly my last posted list :slight_smile: congrats to the winner. Would love to see the field and match write-ups.

So much coming out that IG is gonna have a lot more potential.

I’m surprised that for most the jury is still out on Blacklist. I think it’s the best card in the deck at the moment.

The sentry suite seems very weak to Anarch. Surprised to see only 2 Crick, as well. For those who have piloted with this ICE, have there been any issues? Ashigaru seems pricey, too.

1 Like

Not sold on Ashigaru either, but there aren’t any decent influence free high str barriers to consider. Wall of Thorns anybody?

I’m pretty sure we won’t get match write-ups BUT here is what the field looked like:
3 Kates, 1 Chaos Theory
1 Geist, 3 Andromedas, 1 Gabe
2 Maxxs, 3 Noises, 1 Reina

All Anarchs and Geist + 1 Prepaid Kate in the Top 8.

1 Like

2 Crick seems to be enough. I tend to think that 12 - 15 ICE total is sufficient since you want to be drawing to feed archives anyway, so you’ll find enough ICE to make runs taxing.

Tsurugi is a bit weak to Parasite but having enough HI out makes it acceptable. Also, if the only sentry your opponent has seen yet is Cortex Lock, Tsurugi makes for a nice surprise. I’ve recently been considering trying a one-of Flare instead of Tollbooth. Also thought about Heimdall 2.0 instead but it’s so expensive.

As good as it is, Heimdall is expensive in influence, it’s almost never worry importing I think, and I love it. Not as much as Janus though

I bit the bullet and found 2 inf for an Ichi 1.0. It’s been an awesome include.

1 Like

Really glad there’s a thread for this :smile:

Some thoughts:

1) Komainu has to go. It’s expensive, not taxing enough against the best players and running it alongside Tsurugi is not desirable when there are so many Anarchs. I replaced them with Eli 1.0 despite the influence cost.

2) Tollbooth is a mistake for two reasons: 1) It’s inferior to Ashigaru, by virtue of having only one subroutine. 2) Influence can buy much, much better things than a hypotethical Ashigaru->Tollbooth upgrade like Eli 1.0.

3) Batty costs no influence and has a quite powerful effect. I think replacing one copy of Ash 2X with him could be a good move.

4) Old Hollywood Grid doesn’t convince me. Its main flaw is that it isn’t synergetic with other upgrades, not being able to share space with the much cheaper Hokusai Grid and doing nothing if played along Caprice. Its main benefit is that it can seal up R&D, but I think it’s already one of the safest servers specially late in the game.

5) Running fewer agendas by using Vanity Project seems promising. It gives us a copy of Chronos Project and two free slots, reduces the reliance on Jackson considerably by reducing the total number of agendas and makes it easier to score.

6) Enhanced Login Protocol is not strictly necessary, I added it mostly to combat Security Testing and defending assets against certain builds. Still, it’s an extremely powerful card and it prevents runs from being made on click 3, giving you a lot of inherent security.

7) I would like to replace the Cortex Locks. They enable playing economic assets much faster, but having two dead slots for most of the game is a pain.

8) One copy of Reclamation Order allows you to come back from bad positions. There’s little the Runner can do if you bring back all your PADs or all your Hostile Infrastructures. It is, however very inflexible and I think that improvements elsewhere makes a downgrade to Interns to save influence a worthwhile move.

6 Likes

Not to be flippant (well trying not to have that tone) but I think a large degree of the decision making or thinking in your post leans toward focusing on the scoring win rather than the attrition win. I feel any Genomics deck should be able to do one or the other to varying degrees, but decision points here are really dependent on which one you want to focus on.

I lean much more on the attrition win, so my ice is big beefy stuff like tollbooths and ashigaru’s, an ichi, 2 cricks. I forced space for blacklists (I prefer em to dbs, sacrilege I know right, dbs is a nice to have where blacklists can flat out win you the game). I wanted a focus on economy assets that the runner feels he must spend time and effort trashing (so I hated PAD’s, which the runner never ran on, wanted 3 melange and 3 sundew). I run a Shi.Kyu so Vanity Project won’t work in my build. Shi with the normal suite means the runner will nearly every game HAVE to find at least 4 to win, not 3, so it suited the attrition style well. I found interns to be spectacularly good, rather than rec order, cos you can fetch and install parasited ice on the next turn. OHG could be sweet in the scoring game, but it’s not my style, so not thinking about it.

I love Genomics more n more each game I get with it. Also glad to have a place to spam random opinion about it XD. I’m glad it can score agenda’s, but it hides agenda’s better than any ID in the game. Fact. And because it’s Jinteki it quite literally costs you an arm and a leg to go looking for em.

There’s lots of room to pick which win condition you like and build towards, so it’s a pretty flexible ID too. Stuff like Untrashable Ronins and Chairman Hiro are totally viable as well. And barely discussed. I think that’s why this thread has 2k views and only 80 posts. There’s so much variety in this ID I don’t think anybody wants to nail their colors to the wall to say, this is the build.

5 Likes

I don’t think the changes I propose affect which way you win, they don’t affect your win conditions much.

I ended up cutting Shi.kyu from my builds because testing showed that it didn’t actually affect many matches against better players and the slot was precious. Normally if you win, you’ll win with the Runner having scored one, perhaps two agendas and if you lose the Runner will have several 5/3s, making Shi.kyu weak.

Also note that I recommend dedicating several slots to recursion, of which one could be a Reclamation Order. Generally I run 2 Interns, 1 Reclamation Order but I think one might drop to 3 Interns or even just 2 Interns with some tweaking.

Perhaps I should cook up a pre-changes decklist because my last published build is still packing Komainu and Archived Memories.

Big question for you guys. I’m testing a Vanity Project build. Should I run Enhanced Login Protocol (Less possible runs = safer agendas) or Cerebral Static (Destroys many decks, Security Testing is no logner an issue)?