It's not that hard, and she's pretty hardcore - Leela Patel

You only install garrote one in every 5 or 6 games. I’d rather just run a crescentus or something similarly marginal, but less expensive in that spot.

1 Like

Yeah that’s another way to deal with horrible sentry death ice. Grim is going to pay you a 2nd bad pub if they re-rez and that’s just fuel for the femme, an archer is going to be devastating to re-rez, also, you have shut down and inside job as obvious tools and answers.

2 Likes

So i’ve been toying with a leela keyhole deck for awhile, i think eater was the supporting breaker that it needed to actually come good and be playable. I think a fast, aggro leela deck is the perfect home for eater, as the keyhole+eater combo is just a supporting piece of central pressure here, not a primary win condition. Leela can adapt to the board state and find different avenues if one gets locked down.

ST + Bank job may be a bit over the top with remote pressure, and possibly replacing RDI with eater+keyhole for RnD pressure is too conditional to pull off again and again, but we’ll see. Interested in peoples thoughts.

Edit: also, i think escher as a splash into leela is an overlooked power card, but i may be overestimating what can be done with it.

Brutalism v0.2

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (20)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
1x Infiltration (Core Set)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (4)
2x Desperado (Core Set)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Resource (10)
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (10)
2x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
2x Corroder (Core Set)
1x Eater (Order and Chaos)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (2)
1x Keyhole (True Colors)
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

If you have a Keyhole plan. You need more than one Keyhole and zero draw cards. I’d make Escher a Keyhole and probably power up one of your econ cards into Lucky Find.

1 Like

I’m trying to avoid building too much lean in the deck towards keyhole, its there as potential RnD pressure, but eater doesnt even need to turn on other cards in the deck, and both eater and keyhole can sit at the bottom of the deck for the game if needs be. But your right, maybe its either a double or a dead draw, sitting on the fence may not be workable.

Draw is definitely an issue until john masanori comes online, thats something i was thinking needs some tweaks otherwise you will be just hemorrhaging clicks to get the right cards.

Sounds like a case for Logos.

1 Like

Logos is really good. I’m always loathe to recommend to people to not play desperado. It is the best card on the game.

Is it?

Account syphon, jackson, astro seem to have pretty good claims

2 Likes

Ok. You can’t play astro or Jackson in your runner deck.

Desperado doesn’t stop you playing account siphon. In fact, it rewards it. I have played with Logos, it’s a good console, it’s not desperado. You have to have a really good reason to play Logos, this deck could be it, but I’m not sure.

Just arguing whats the best netrunner card…

It’s a play not dissimilar to Hostaging for a Connection that costs influence. You’re knowingly introducing loss of efficiency in order to increase consistency while saving influence. If the rest of the deck is robust enough to handle it, it might make sense. If you also pack additional synergy (for Leela specifically, stuff like Indexing, Sneakdoor and other powerful one-ofs), it often does.

1 Like

I think this is a really good point, and yes if the silver bullets are going to matter at all i need a better way of getting them out of the deck. I’m really into desperado as it works well with ST and eater, but i think logos for this particular deck may be a better fit.

I’ve been testing this variation recently and I must say I like it a lot.

Professional Pragmatist (45 cards)

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist

Event (20)
2 Account Siphon
3 Day Job
3 Dirty Laundry
1 Emergency Shutdown
3 Hostage
2 Inside Job
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
3 Desperado
2 HQ Interface
2 R&D Interface

Resource (6)
2 Crash Space
1 Kati Jones
1 Professional Contacts
2 Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (10)
2 Cerberus “Rex” H2
2 Corroder
3 Faerie
1 Femme Fatale
1 Mimic
1 Passport

Program (2)
2 Sneakdoor Beta

Built with [URL=http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/9dsQCnF2hMpfpLjoC]http://netrunner.meteor.com/[/URL]

The ProCon, while I was hesitant to use it at first, has been an all star in nearly every game. On average I’ll get about 18 uses out of it, which more than pays for the initial set back. Day Job is awesome, simple as that. Crash Space has replaced Plascretes and clears tags for free after Siphon to protect ProCon Kati and/or SoT.

I still have one influence left and am not sure what I want. Shards or Stimhack maybe, possibly Datasucker, but that might leave MU issues and isnt the best one-of . Alternatively, I might just run at 14 influence gasp.

Anyway, this has done very well for me so far, so I thought I’d share here.

1 Like

I still hate it… :wink:

Last inf on Hades or Utopia?

1 Like

I have tried both. Utopia being better here, I think. I just don’t know what to cut for it…Maaaaybe the 1 Emergency Shutdown, but that card has been so helpful at times, derezzing after a Siphon can create wonderul opportunities.

Another thought has been cutting a Dirty Laundry. While it is nearly always good, I have found I don’t always need it. Problem is the time that I do need it is usually early game and cutting down on them doesn’t help chances to see it early.

1 Like

I cut out dirty laundry for daily casts a while ago and haven’t looked back. Sure, if you get up a ST+desperado and there are open ST targets, dirty laundry can be better. But, it can feel very lackluster for just 3 credits, and there are plenty of games I don’t have desperado+ST until well into the match.

1 Like

I was leery of Leela until I saw some posts here and elsewhere talking about switching to Desperado from Logos and using her ability to increase the already oppressive criminal pressure game and that was enough to make me switch from being a longtime shaper to trying out a Leela build. I’ve had exciting success with mine so far, but it hasn’t had a lot of reps yet (I think I’m 8-2, including 4-0 last night at the local league). Here’s the decklist:

Leela Pressure

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
2x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)

Resource (9)
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) •

Icebreaker (9)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
2x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Program (6)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Medium (Core Set) ••••• •
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

My thoughts so far is that her ability seems designed to really penalize corporate bad luck. In a normal game, turning any individual access into an agenda score is more about just the math of agenda density and figuring out quality accesses; the score its self is just a product of those odds. With Leela, it changes the board state and can open up extra pain for the corp in the form of further steals or Siphons. So more than anyone else, actually picking that right card at the right time can really hurt the corp. To clarify, I don’t think this makes her a high variance runner unless you build her for those power moments like in the Logos builds; she can play the normal criminal game just as well as anyone else, playing the normal odds. But give her an inch of bad luck for the corp and she can turn it into a mile. So cool!

That said, I’m still learning criminal so this particular build is definitely up to criticism. I like the Mediums because they demand to be addressed immediately (and can be turned into a nice sniping run with Inside Job), but I recognize that RnD Interface might be more consistent pressure. Anyone have strong feelings on this? I also am on the fence about John Masanori, but I think that’s because I’m playing him wrong. I often feel he hampers me if I put him down in the wrong matchup, but should I just avoid installing him until I’m less likely to faceplant into an ETR? It feels like he discourages facechecking, but maybe I should just not be discouraged.

2 Likes

I somehow feel that tour decks doesn’t have enough money. Mr Li helps finding that Kati, but being a 1-of makes you more prone to bad draws. Medium is cool, and can replace RDI, haven’t tested it, so no comments there. The only thing that bothers me a little is no lucky find or similar burst econ, that really helps a lot against faster decks, and I feel that without it you are giving more options to the corp by giving them more time.

I personally look at it as more of a memory issue.

1 Like

Yeah, looking over historical builds here I’m definitely seeing a lot of Lucky Find.

Money hasn’t traditionally been a problem for me, but I’ve been having pretty good luck finding either SecTesting and Desperado or Kati early. Mr. Li definitely helps with that, but your mentioning it makes me worry that over more iterations, I’ll find that money is usually lacking. If it does, I could definitely swap Parasites for Lucky Finds, since Parasites tend to be situationally useful anyway (lots of Blue Sun in my meta these days).