[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

I don’t think FC is as bad for RP as Clot was for NEH – @jrp’s math shows that a ton of people need to be running FC for a hypothetical 0-influence GFI to be better than TFP. In other words, the meta would have to be very distorted for TFP to become more than slightly worse, and even a slightly worse TFP is still a powerhouse.

That means I don’t really want to tech for FC. I’d rather keep the extra economy and copies of Batty in Dan’s list. The real trick, I think, would be shoring up the Noise matchup somehow. People are talking about Cerebral Static, but I don’t think that does it – that just alleviates Noise’s pressure from one server. He still pressures the other two centrals and every remote, and the viruses are still good even without the mill effects.

More to Noise’s ability than just pressure on archives… The disruption is worse than the threat to win on one big chives raid. If cerebral static ain’t the answer to virus spam, there is no answer, and Whizz or Val can just as easily play it as Noise…

1 Like

@pacer took RP to 2nd place in a Noise-heavy meta. Ask him. I know he had Snares and CVS. Not sure where he made room.

Wasn’t he running Static? I thought I saw it in a video from that regional he won.

1 Like

He also had PAD Campaign and a bunch of other nonstandard stuff. I’ll be curious to see if he publishes the list.

dbs (49 cards)
Jinteki: Replicating Perfection
– Agenda (8 cards)
1 Fetal AI
1 Hades Fragment
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect
– Asset (13 cards)
2 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 PAD Campaign
2 Snare!
3 Sundew
– ICE (17 cards)
1 Architect
1 Cortex Lock
2 Crick
3 Eli 1.0
1 Excalibur
1 Lotus Field
3 Pup
1 Susanoo-No-Mikoto
1 Swordsman
2 Tollbooth
1 Tsurugi
– Operation (7 cards)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
1 Interns
– Upgrade (4 cards)
2 Caprice Nisei
1 Corporate Troubleshooter
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite

6 Likes

Noise is a tough matchup, but it’s also hard to play unless they have a decent amount of practice. If you can rush out a nisei and keep DBS firing you should be fine, just need to count where your agendas are that you put on the bottom. I ran 2 snares for the off chance that I had to let them run with medium and hopefully let them kill themselves. It worked in a couple of games. If you run it and score a Hades it makes the match up so much better. I cut static after Tulsa to make room for other stuff. It isn’t too impactful late game and the 2 credit cost hurts a bit. Snares are usually always impactful. Low number of agendas help as well. It’s one of RP’s worst matchups in my opinion. ELP might be worth returning too just for the noise matchup.

4 Likes

How did the swordsman do? I was thinking about adding that to stop some of the faust action…but with mimic/parasite being around seems like it would be a dead card most of the time.

Swordsman is just too weak against Kate and other Anarchs not running Faust. A good Faust player knows to protect their Faust (unless they already have recursion prepped) from unrezzed surprises. After all, it’s eternity in hell if you don’t. #mephistopheles

3 Likes

Im interested in this too actually. Speaking as someone who has only ever really played noise, swordsman just never seemed that scary, even when crypsis was the breaker at stake. Parasite deals with it cleanly enough. If the worst happens and you do lose faust, its not the end of the world. Your gameplan shouldnt hinge on a single card cough aesops cough

1 Like

True on a lot of points but Swordsman with Corporate Troubleshooter will destroy Faust, Atman, Knight, etc. It won’t stay dead but if it slows then down enough for you to score an agenda then it’s worth it in my book. It killed 2-3 Faust on the day. I like it but it was more for the Eater Keyhole matchup than for Faust. That was just a side reason to run it.

1 Like

Eater Keyhole usually has a Femme in play pretty early.

2 Likes

That would suck.

Well, maybe not. If they Femme a sentry of strength 2 and 2 subroutines I think I have to be ok with that. In all honesty though, it’s probably not making it into my next RP deck.

2 Likes

I mean, the quality Eater Keyhole MaxX decks run 2 Femme, and 3 Retrievals. They’ll have one early, to protect and break. Worth 3-4 creds just to break that Swordsman, and you prob. won’t even rez at that point.

1 Like

I always wanted to try out CVS, how did you find its usefulness throughout the tourney?

1 Like

It’s becoming a necessity, maybe even multiple copies. There are very few decks that is completely dead in.

3 Likes

Only 2 Caprice and no Batty. Going against the grain here!

Have you tested with Batty at all, and what where your thoughts on the card?

I’ve always ran 2 caprice, I think with interns and 2 DBS that 2 is all you need. Batty is probably better I was just trying out corporate troubleshooter and couldn’t find room for both. I also think if you run Batty that you also should run Ichi and for some reason every time I play Ichi it’s the only ice I draw

1 Like

Won a local ANR:PC tourney (18 players) and went 4-1 with the following list yesterday. Played against 3 Kate, Ed Kim, and Leela. Took @pacer 's advice on trying out the CVS instead of a third Caprice or second Batty. I actually do like it, and probably would’ve went undefeated if I didn’t forget to rez and purge Leela’s datasucker (4 counters) against my HQ tollbooth. That cost me the game as the runner only had a Zu.13 and only 5 credits. Pilot errors :frowning:

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
1x Fetal AI
3x NAPD Contract
3x Nisei MK II
2x The Future Perfect

Asset (12)
1x Daily Business Show •
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mental Health Clinic
2x Snare!
3x Sundew