US Nationals - Gen Con

I’m so very sad that I missed that part, I didn’t think to pull out my camera until it was partway over. I was in tears.

1 Like

oh nvm, i thought he brought some crazy decks to the actual tourney

I was supposed to win…

7 Likes

I feel a surprisingly deep connection to the content of this video. This is how netrunner should be played! (also yeah, f**k psi games)

Are the top X decklists available somewhere?

Pretty curious about a few of them…

1 Like

Some of them are already posted:

Winner:
lucasli Corp (Fastro NEH)
lucasli Runner (PPVP Kate)

Zolend Corp (Fastro NEH)
Zolend Runner (Atman Valencia)

GravyK Corp (Butchershop NEH)
GravyK Runner (Eater MaxX)

josh01 Corp (Glacier RP)
josh01 Runner (PPVP Kate)

HallucinogenicApplesauce Corp (Psychobeale MN)
HallucinogenicApplesauce Runner (NRE Whizz)

flowerscandrink Corp (Butchershop NEH)
flowerscandrink Runner (Noiseshop)

ThroneRunner Corp (Glacier EtF w/ ITD)

FoilFlaws Corp (Batty RP)
FoilFlaws Runner (PPVP Kate)

LSK Corp (Butchershop NEH)

Eris_Another Corp (Cambridge PE)
Eris_Another Runner (Siphon Hayley)

pacer Corp (Snare RP)
pacer Runner (Noiseshop)

11 Likes

Thanks for posting up some of these lists. I always enjoy these high-tier tournaments more when something a little bit out-of-the-ordinary makes it into the top cuts…

Couple of thoughts:

I’m impressed that Shomar (aka ThroneRunner) manage to get such a high score playing an ITD list. Not that I’m disparaging his skills at all - he’s a good player from the vids I’ve seen of him - I’m just amazed that he actually had time to finish his Runner games. Every person I’ve ever seen or played against using ITD has either gone to time or had a very brief Runner game afterwards.

That Hayley list, though… That’s the one that interests me most. I just can’t believe that works as well as it does. Balls-to-the-wall Tag-me? With all the Scorches and Traffic Accidents and Closed Accounts? /shrug

As someone who’s been playing a lot of Stealth Hayley, I really thought that was the optimal build for her, and still I feel that even with her double installs that she’s too slow. Siphon Spam was something I haven’t even considered because I thought it required too much stuff to be imported in…

1 Like

Did any eater/maxx decks make top 16. I’ve been really trying to get it to work again lately but with all the batty/gold, crisium grids and Caprices around I’m struggling. Interested to see if anyones got it going again.

There was a single MaxX in the top cut. I’ve heard it was an Eater Deck.
Edit: It was @GravyK

1 Like

Here are the decks I ran. Nothing special or new about them really. I’ve been playing these decks since regionals.

Butchershop:

MaxX:

6 Likes

This is a lie, 49 card decks aren’t competitive.

4 Likes

:disappointed:

2 Likes

49? Challenge accepted.

Congrats on the top 16! As a fellow Eater MaxX player, I’m curious about some of the MaxX deck includes. How did you play Dirty Laundry – was it generally +3 credits and check a server after Siphoning? With Singularity, did you find 2 copies useful, and what matchups did you like having them in? Notable exclusions from your deck list include ICE destruction and Faust – have you tried them, and why did you decide to keep them on the sidelines?

Scorches can’t get you if they can’t afford them. :^)

Closed Accounts I saw maybe one of, but it was after my rig was already completely set up with Magnum Opus on the board and it really affect my tempo at all, and honestly hurt them more than it did me. (credit, CA, credit). The goal of the deck is to keep them struggling for money while you power draw and Hayley out as much of your rig as you can, spamming them with siphons to keep R&D totally free to dig into. What really gave the deck its edge was nobody expect siphon spam with Criminal so weak right now, and reaalllyyy nobody expects siphon spam out of Shaper. I’m curious to see if it will hold up in future tournaments, now.

4 Likes

For Dirty Laundry, I pretty much just treat it like an econ card for +3 on an open server. It’s nice when you can check a remote with it, or if you think you’ve trashed an agenda with wanton or singularity, force a jackson use on archives and gain 3c. Also it can combo with shard runs.

I have singularity as a 2x because I always want to see one relatively early in the first pass of the deck. I like just holding on to one of them in case I get locked out of keyhole or siphon for a bit and they think they can score out.

I cut ICE destruction due to card slots and I feel like it’s easy enough to play around the big pieces of ICE you would want to kill off. If they rez a Heimdall on R&D, I can focus on siphon / wanton / singularity, or remote access with other breakers, etc. I feel like there’s always options with this deck, and you’re not constrained into one play style with it.

I haven’t really given faust a consideration for this deck at all because slots are already tight, along with influence. I would say I use a levy in almost every game already due to how much I’m drawing. I don’t want to have to include another levy and hand size increase for faust, which would force me to cut a siphon.

Once I get Old Hollywood I’ll try replacing levy with trope and putting a 3rd siphon in.

2 Likes

Huge congratulations on keeping competitive in this meta with siphon maxx! I’m going to give yours a whirl, I’ve mostly concentrated on destruction decks with parasites.

1 Like

I know you said in you overview of it on NetrunnerDB that you didn’t like certain aspects of it, such as the Lady being too costly, and the Faerie being your only way of dealing with Sentries. What tweaks would you make if you were to continue on with this deck?

The current iteration I’m running drops the sacrificial constructs for 2 cloak, one lockpick for a dagger, the atman for a third clone chip, the Akatmatsus for Cybersolutions, and then a third modded on top of everything for a total of 46 cards. It’s a more expensive rig and I’m not yet sold on cloak/dagger, but it allows for a bit more staying power into late game if they do get a sentry rezzed.

Here are the decks I brought – very close to decks by @bblum, @Calimsha and @tmoiynmwg

I’m glad I could represent Valencia in the top 16 – I think I was the only regular Anarch to make the cut.

I took NEH because I didn’t have enough time to practice a new corp, July was a very busy month. I knew it would do well up until elimination where I hoped I wouldn’t have to corp against @anon50033301 or @lucasli, who are monsters at Kate. Unfortunately, 2nd round of Winner’s Bracket brought me up against Lucas and while I had a decent start, I saw no Astros to take advantage of it and he promptly knocked me down :smiley:

2 Likes