[Jinteki RP] Red Rush!

It doesn’t help you to score your second nisei or your TFP the same way RP does, tho.

@Xenasis > From the testing i’ve done, I think sundew is WAY too slow for a deck who usually want to win before turn 10-12. Also, Ash rely on econ advantage where the plan of nisei rushing behind excalibur / caprice can be done without much econs. Right now, I think if you want to play a fast deck you need to double gear check on your remote by turn 3-4 at worst and be able to draw consistently your rush engine (namely : excalibur / caprice) with an open HQ or an Open R&D. Except your lone anon-tip, there’s nothing who help you do that in your list.

Back on topic, that’s my latest list :

RP Rush

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (16)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (6)

Sentry (5)

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

As you could see, I totally removed the asset econ for a pure op draw/econ engine. There’s exactly 4 pieces of ICEs who cost 5 and more to rez and everything else cost 3 or less. I’ve put back the Pup mostly because I really do like to rush NAPD behind.

Genetic Resequencing is so good and fits in a rush style well. I advise everyone to at least add one copy of that card and try it out.

1 Like

Will do, probably instead of a NAPD (then I will probably go back to 3 nisei / 3 TFP instead of 3 Nisei / 2 TFP / 1 Philotic)

It was absolutely killing me at 5/9/15 regionals. Nisei token is the new Astro token.

2 Likes

How do you feel about DBS in a rush build?

Too slow. Way too slow.

1 Like

I played it in HB Rush and it was solid, but HB can more readily afford the 2 credits and it wants to be installing cards to make use of the ability. Even then it wasn’t stellar.

1 Like

Interesting that you’ve ejected the MHC’s. I can see the justification as it seems like good players usually trash those things right away, and only trades one click (and card) for two clicks and 3 creds from runner (and only 1 cred if runner has Desperado). But what is most interesting is that your ICE suite has morphed to one that could much better support the MHC’s, what with more prickly ICE to set up a centrals tax and CRICK!

With the MHC’s removed do you get a lot of value out of Crick?

My current build is similar to yours. Besides the MHC/Restructure swap my ICE suite is
-1 Ichi -1 Sherlock -2 Crick, -2 Pup
+1 Wrap, +1 Architect,+1 Hive, +1 Quandary, +2 Chimera

Chimera’s still do some work for that early score, but they are so sad when that SMC comes out. So they should probably be gone. Hive seems like it is working OK. Awfully good to get that Nisei chain rolling, or just shut down a central versus Lady early on. I did have Ichi1.0 in for a while. It did some work or was sad about 4tman. Might be better than Architect, which is my pseudo-Crick.

I trash a lot of cards by overdrawing, sometime I trash agenda as well and crick help me to recurse that.
I agree with you though. I think crick can probably go for something more useful for the rush gameplan.

Iv wanted to try Hive in RP for awhile, seems well placed in the meta and decent early game, how have you found it and would you ever want more than 1?

Throw an hidden dice, and then always chose 1. Runners seems to chose 0 a lot when you are using dice.

So, after at least a month, waking me from my slumber, this is your solution?

2 Likes

Hive seems OK. Just OK. It is rather expensive, and does become pretty marginal late. Though, if you are going with the 2,2,3 scoring plan then it never becomes useless. I don’t think I’d go for more than one. Ichi 1.0 may be better. Calimsha’s Sherlock include looks interesting, though that seems quite expensive too.

I came up against the Valencia Keyhole deck again last night (Eater, Keyhole, Vamp, Magnum Opus, Blackmail). That seems to totally murder this deck unless you can get your Caprices (plural) out early. You want a Caprice to protect that early score from Blackmail, then you want a Caprice on HQ/R&D when the Vamp/Keyhole starts going, respectively. After getting murdered by that deck the first time I put some Clone Retirements in to wipe the Bad Pub early, but that is pretty bad in other matchups.

Anybody have any experience/tips for combating the combo Val deck?

1 Like

I think i’m pretty ok having one (really) bad matchup if all my other matchups are good.
It isn’t like this kind of Val decks are tier 1 anyway.

Oddly enough iv been playing around with clone retirement purely for the val matchup, and that led me to try out archer as well, i think with people not really building to counter multi-sub sentries at the minute it could be a good fit, although admittedly, not rush any more.

Crisium is really the only non terrible option to slot against Val decks.

1 Like

EBC isn’t too horrible too as rezzing a Lotus Field on a remote can be devastating.

5 Likes

Yeah I forgot about EBC, that counts too.

Ebc also helps against leela.

EBC in remote, res tollbooth, sack it for sundew, win game.