[Kate] Redefining Shaper Control Decks

I think I’ve dx-d a snare once, and broken expensive ice 92,269 times.

3 Likes

I D-Ex’d Snares MULTIPLE times at Worlds (did I mention I played 3 Teki in 6 rounds of Swiss?). Great tool against that and Neural back in the day.

I like them v. Bioroids, as well, but you’re going to run out of them. That’s one reason I like Atman. Strength 4 or 5 Atman is going to make its creds back tenfold v. H-B big.

In a shaper deck, especially one packing recursion, I would not cut Atman altogether, but that’s just me. It’s a problem solver! Atman at 4-7 strength has won me games I thought I wasn’t going to get out of.

1 Like

What he said, but in Anarch :stuck_out_tongue:

Cut them for what? I’d really like to know, because atm I don’t see a really good reason to keep them at all (or Parasite for that matter). Parasite seems rather redundant with Femme, especially if a single Atman was added back in. This consequently makes the 'Suckers unneeded as well.

This being said, I’ve only recently got back in A:NR after not really playing from True Colors’ release to after Double Time’s release. Thus, I could easily be missing something big. Correct me if anything I said was wrong.

Edit: this is also probably due to my hiatus, but where do you get late-game econ? All I see are Events which run out even factoring in SOT. Is that really enough?

I moved 2 posts to a new topic: Criminal Control Decks: Can They Work?

@willlt, I agree with @Chill84, I think the factions should be split up into separate threads, especially as this thread is now over 200 posts.

Sure Sly. Take a look at it guys, I think it could be quite competitive. Posted a version based on a Gabe/Blackguard deck that quietly won a fairly large tournament. Gryfalia's Aerie Store Champion 3-1-14 (25 Players, 6-1) · NetrunnerDB

1 Like

Parasite has been useful as Clone Chip fodder and a nice way of handling nasty surprises mid-run. It’s also easily the best method of addressing some taxing ice, such as Hive, Tsurugi, and Komainu. Datasucker is there mostly to enable Parasite, but also to save money pumping icebreakers, especially Femme. I’m not absolutely in love with them in an Atmanless deck, but I believe they still carry their weight when drawn naturally. I really do hate using SMCs on either one though.

As for lasting econ, it really is simply using PPVP with event econ. My games have all been over one way or another by the time my stack runs dry, so I’ve even gone so far as to cut LARLA.

I am glad that people are finally realizing this. :smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, perhaps even Jinteki can push quickly enough to make LARLA irrelevant.

Still, it’s a nice security blanket. I want my blankey!

It certainly doesn’t seem like you’re thrilled with the Viruses, that’s for sure. Could I suggest an alternative?

PrePaid Runs

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (17)

Hardware (15)

Resource (2)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (3)

15 influence spent (max 15)   
45 cards (min 45)  
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Cyberfeeder is there for sustainable econ, and seems similar to PPVP in many ways. This was in fact not intended to be a PPVP deck, but the engine fit well after I assembled the “meat” of the deck. (Also, though I’ve been wanting to try the PPVP engine out, the Johnny in me hates pure netdecking.)

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, two of the ICE you mentioned as Parasite targets (Komainu, Tsurugi) are usually seen in Jinteki (a good matchup, correct? My hiatus is acting up…). This, combined with plenty of other ways to deal with “nasty surprises” midrun means it’s possible to get away without Parasite usually. Hive is annoying though, not sure about the solution for that one.

I’m planning on bringing this to a tournament in about a week; what would all you guys recommend testing against? My hiatus leaves me with less knowledge than I’d like about what archetypes are considered top tier.

1 Like

Heya! So I was the one who played with ya two nights ago as Kit vs your NBN:MN I believe. Waiting for the Stimhack confirmation mail took a while… but anyways here is my variation of your older Kate:

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (19)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)
2x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Escher (Creation and Control)
2x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Lucky Find (Double Time) ••••

Hardware (8)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts)

Resource (4)
2x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (7)
2x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x Deus X (A Study in Static)
2x Atman (Creation and Control)
1x Inti (Creation and Control)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

10 influence spent (maximum 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Double Time

I made the changes as per your suggestion, with only two Lucky Finds and +1 Parasite. Also I’m testing out the lone Dinosaurus, as most of the time I don’t bother installing the Akamatsu…

1 Like

Sorry about that, there was a problem with our mail server that just cropped up and should now be fixed. :blush:

That’s fine haha, was just eager to post the deck as the reply that’s all!

What do you all think about an e3 implants / overmind / grappling hook breaker suite? perhaps in combination with datasuckers and a lone atman

1 Like

definitely not enough - you will not pass Wraparound efficiently

1 Like

I feel like Grappling hook is too expensive to build a breaker suite around, it’s awesome as an “oh shit” button. Also, Teh Prof likes it :smiley:

(And it’s great against Inazuma)

Agree on the primary breaker front, but Grappling Hook + E3 is a nice upgrade to those Faeries you have on hand.

For the decks of @Lysander and @Nordrunner - how do you deal with sentries that are greater than 2 like the Ichis and even the caduceus? Isn’t pumping Femme just too expensive over time?

That’s why Femme Dinosaurus is so good milkolate. Also not breaking sentries is usually an option, just click through the program trashing and let them run the traces.

1 Like