[Kate] Redefining Shaper Control Decks

Of course you can, but then you have many moving pieces which needs to be installed in the right order to be efficient. Not saying it is impossible, but I don’t think it will be the best build for her.

But even with gameday/Beach party, comet and Hayley are anti-synergistic. Also, beach party slows down Hayley, which seems a bit counterproductive.

Aesop/Armitage/Beach Party could be reasonable. Aesop econ, use Beach party to swing a few game days, pitch it for 3 creds, etc.

The key to Hayley is going to lie in the rulings on timing windows regarding Test Run/Modded/Stimhack/etc. Being able to play events that install as well is where the power turns and the real appeal to play her are. If you’re just going for a touch of click efficiency I feel like Kate or CT will be better usually. We’ll see.

1 Like

Why do we need rulings about them? If you install a program during an event it will trigger Hayleys ability before the event has fully resolved. So comet will trigger after the double install.

2 Likes

Pshaw, Beach Party is obviously an Anarch card that just mis-colored in the final stages of production :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

On a side note, I wish the art of beach party was more in-universe. The art would be really cool with, say, Andy, Kate, and Reina Roja rocking bathing suits while playing volleyball or something. Throw a few guys into the mix - Gabriel and Exile talk shop while Valencia and Hayley get a tan in the background.

I always think it’s interesting seeing our runners on other cards, and seeing them busy with things outside of running could be interesting and give a glimpse into their personality.

1 Like

Out of that list, Haley is the only one I could even imagine going to a beach party!

Notable omissions on your list, however, include The Professor and, most notably, Whizzard (assuming the wifi is reasonable there).

Edit: MaxX could also possibly attend… strictly ironically, of course.

3 Likes

You see? I don’t know anyone’s personality other than a few lines on a few cards. Some opportunities like thus to try and flesh out the runners a bit more with art is something I would hope FFG would jump on.

1 Like

Noise would be up for it I think.

3 Likes

Noise and MaxX could DJ/MC a pretty epic beach party.

1 Like

I feel like Val would spin a much chiller beach set

3 Likes

What is this, Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball?

23 Likes

The net is at least in world, and i don’t think runners have giant parties where they all get together. Makes it too easy to get dropped by a rock.

1 Like

MaxX doesn’t have time to go to clubs/parties, she has a day job. :wink:

3 Likes

Nah it’s cool, she just gets Amped Up and does both, tho sometimes the brain damage makes her forget to turn up at work :smile:

1 Like

OK, everyone hates my idea, got it. Let’s move on. XD

I may be thinking of this incorrrctly, and I’m not a shaper player, but Hayley seems better than Kate as long as you can use her ability to install twice.

Kate can install ppvp and a clone chip for two credits and two clicks.

Hayley can install both for three credits and one click and then, if installed, use symmetrical visage to get a credit and a draw on the second click. If visage isn’t installed Hayley can still just click for a credit, equalling Kate.

Based on her hand, she can def. have the potential to have huge click compression.

This only makes sense if Kate is choosing to play “inefficiently” foregoing her bonus on one of the hardware cards. Why would she install ppvp and clone chip on the same turn? Seems like you are comparing a “bad” Kate play with a required / max efficiency Haley play. The only double hardware play I can see that this really works in is double clone chip?

1 Like

Depends what one wants, cost reduction or click compression. Hayley/Comet can do nice tricks like drop PPVP/CC, and then Diesel/Gamble for 2 clicks.

1 Like

Ofc, I’m not arguing that PPVP/CC gamble in Haley is bad, in fact that’s the ideal case. I’m saying I’m having a hard time seeing where Kate would install PPVP/CC (or even two pieces of hardware) on the same turn, instead of saving 1 card for next turn to get 2 credit savings instead of 1. So the statement “Hayley can still just click for a credit, equalling Kate.” is wrong, because you’re assuming “bad” Kate play.