King of Servers 2015 - ANRPC Netrunner Team Tournament at Worlds

I just got home and I think I can bump it up to about 45 people.

1 Like

Iā€™ll bring a few German samples for a proper comparison. (Assuming I can get them through customs.)

1 Like

Proper smuggling techniques on your end might better prepare you for your encounter with the TSA on our end.

Iā€™m afraid lagers just arenā€™t that popular here unless its mainstream swill. That said, challenge accepted :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Distance from FFG Centre. Iā€™ll have a car, so, I donā€™t care.

Great Lakes Summertime Kolsch has won a metric assload of awards and is a great example of the form, IMO.

Edit:

Got my beers crossed. Goose Island makes a Kolsch named Summertime. I was thinking of this:

1 Like

The hotel near our place has an event space in their lobby with great tables for card games. Iā€™ve played plenty of ANR, MtG, Summoner Wars, etc over there. Thereā€™s an integrated restaurant and bar. Iā€™ll check with them what the rate would be for something like this; maybe we can do a bus + rental for the same ballpark cost.

I wonā€™t be going to worlds but you can check Roseville parks & rec department for mostly inexpensive public buildings to rent out like this banquet facility:

http://www.ci.roseville.mn.us/568/Facility-Information

May be too far away though since itā€™s a 7 min drive from FFG.

Edit: looks like somebody else posted this exact thing earlier.

Thatā€™s pretty good, actually. Might be hard to beat.

So does anyone know someone who actually lives in Roseville that would be willing to let us use them to get us the discount? I have a couple possibilites I can check out.

Oh dear, I really hope that your ā€œKolschā€ is a lot different from the german ā€œKƶlschā€ which pretty much tastes like dirty river water. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevertheless, I am open minded about beers from other countries, given the sheer amount of horrible brews we have here. :smile:

Oh! Well thatā€™s easy ā€“ just give us your preferences and Iā€™m sure weā€™ll guide you well.

I think I have the VFW at $300 + a $500 min. food and drink tab. May even be able to request some beers.

EDIT: sounds like we can prob. request beer by the case.

6 Likes

Im in

1 Like

Cool. Looking forward to it.

Sounds great! Letā€™s do it.

1 Like

Iā€™m game for this too. Iā€™d also love to catch the Timberwolves

4 Likes

Was gonna offer my nanotech self-assembling banquet hall, but I guess you all got it sorted. Prolly for the best, sometimes the banquet hall accidentally consumes all organic material inside it.

3 Likes

I promise to drink a lot of beer. Always looking to help out.

5 Likes

Sounds great to me.

1 Like

I am really looking forward to this.

1 Like